WandaVision

Well, the Darkhold -could- appear differently to witches than it does to a bunch of scientists, given how it's presented in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as being able to change its contents based on who's reading it.

I still think it would have been polite to have it appear the same as a nod to A.o.S. as canon . . . oh well.

Also, to your unlisted number 7 point, @Techwright:  The post-credit stinger in Far From Home tells you where they are.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

Also, to your unlisted number 7 point, @Techwright:  The post-credit stinger in Far From Home tells you where they are.

Wow, I'd seen the scene, but somehow missed that line.  Guess I thought it a throw-away.  It doesn't really answer my question, but at least it tells me other "people" within the MCU storyline are asking the same question, and that someone high above has an answer.

I was very disappointed by how this all ended.

The beginning of the show was fun and different.  But it ended up with the cliched MCU battle between a hero and villain who was a slightly different version of themself.  Wanda vs a witch and Vision vs a different Vision. 

This felt like they gave up on creativity and just tacked on a standard MCU fight and ending.

5 hours ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

The DBZ-style "beam struggles" also had me laughing quite a bit, but I'm not sure that was the intended reaction the showrunners were aiming for.

At least they didn't spend five minutes grunting and posturing first.

I was discussing some of that with a coworker today.  Marvel, in both comics and animated works tends to go overboard, or without restraint, when they hit "phenomenal cosmic power" levels.  To me, it feels like they don't understand the storytelling power of limitations and restraints.  It's one of the reasons I enjoy Fantastic Four stories less than others: the FF stories tend to hit the cosmic power level far more than stories in the Marvel house.  WandaVision came close, though I don't think it quite tipped the scale. 

• 1 year later

Noted: Moon Knight helmer Mohamed Diab says there'll be no WandaVision S2...

...which, to be honest, is exactly as it should be and really shouldn't be a surprise.

The story ran its course and served its purpose (establish Wanda as Scarlet Witch). I don't see how you could extend the TV / parallel universe gag any further unless you started spoofing specific shows, which... don't think so. I'm also pretty sure Wanda and Vision Mk II's story ain't over, but again, how you take it forward in the DS:MoM context is tricky.

As much as people might want another helping of the good stuff, it's better to try a new flavour. Some things are best left as they are.

• Thumbs Up 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:10 AM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

I'm also pretty sure Wanda and Vision Mk II's story ain't over, but again, how you take it forward in the DS:MoM context is tricky.

The Fresh Viz of Westview?

I never really considered a season 2 as a possibility.  WV was really about setting the stage for multiple tales to come, The Multiverse of Madness being first.  Clearly the "Vision Mk II" story will be explored at some point, but if there's a dedicated Vison-Wanda storyline, it will probably be titled and pitched differently.  The TV version has proudly concluded its broadcast day.