City of Data v2.0

And it's live early.

i27p3.thumb.png.22288e9c6dcb1a6e01fbffda97134968.png

Let me know if you see any broken things. At this stage, it's probably likely that powers or critters using new features may be broken. At the very least, it's certain that some new things won't be shown until I add direct support.

• Like 3

The Brickernaut's page (https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=goldbrickers_au_boss_elite) doesn't show a Class Name, which is presumably also why the links to powers then don't link to the AT-specific versions correctly.

...and a quick check says it's missing from everything now. Even a simple Freakshow Buckshot (https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=freakshow_shotgun_freaks) is missing the AT.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

47 minutes ago, BillyMailman said:

It also looks like the Hardmode powers just aren't on the pages at all. I've done every type of cache clear, and I'm still not seeing, e.g., the Brickernaut meltdown stuff on either version of the Brickernaut.

That is correct. The hardmode powers are part of the conditional data for the critters, which CoD is ignoring for now. It only shows you the base stats (and powers) for the critters with none of the conditional stuff. That will change, just not today.

As a tangent to that topic I am going to have to go over a fair bit of the way the CoD back-end links powers to critters for purposes of "critter AT" attribution, because none of it will be checking the conditional data.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, BillyMailman said:

The Brickernaut's page (https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=goldbrickers_au_boss_elite) doesn't show a Class Name, which is presumably also why the links to powers then don't link to the AT-specific versions correctly.

...and a quick check says it's missing from everything now. Even a simple Freakshow Buckshot (https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=freakshow_shotgun_freaks) is missing the AT.

This should be fixed now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more thing you're probably aware of, but that's not per se new, and is missing: Some of Seismic Blasts powers (e.g., the Build Up variant) do the thing where they affect the recharge of other powers. But CoD isn't quite displaying this right. I'm not sure which bit is responsible (the AdjustTimer flag?), but somehow that's only actually recharging those powers by an amount, not completely. The same thing is on a bunch of the attacks, too. Though, on those it's one effect group, on the BU variant it's a separate group per power.

Wasn't aware of that issue. There are no new mod flags that are relevant, so this has probably been busted since I added support for it. I'll have to dig into what's up there. What should happen is that the amount of recharge should appear in the hover popup for the little clock icon over on the right side of the attribmod's row. But it's making it look like it's full immediate recharge.

image.png.9cbea71a2103113071f24ba5440ab63b.png

That's probably going to be easy to fix.

Entity pages now support displaying conditional data.

For critters that have conditional blocks defined, a dropdown for displaying the available conditions appears. (This won't appear if there are no conditions for the critter.)

image.png.aebb793822d4911e48fc860c6e2b38bb.png

When you change the dropdown, the entity's data will update in place to reflect the changes that mode results in. It also updates the URL so that you can hard-link directly to an entity with a condition selected.

Note that the UI for picking the condition is subject to change. The expressions here can be basically arbitrarily large, and really long expressions will look awful as drop-down entries.

On a related note, you may notice that the URLs generated for the conditions is just a string of letters and numbers. That's because I converted it to something that would not be horrible to use in a URL. (For the curious, it's an MD5 hash of the requires expression, in hexadecimal.)

Support for this was not trivial to add, and it makes me really appreciate what must have been needed to do to add this into the game engine. The conditional overrides can't just blindly overlay the default critter data - a lot of the condition block can be "null" (or other special values that mean "nothing here") so that you have to merge the condition block with the default settings. And since the defaults come from level range definitions on the critter, displaying some of that on CoD the way I do (as a list of level ranges) was probably messier than what you would do in the game engine, where you should know a critter's level. I had to merge the condition's level range with the default level range data, since technically a condition block might overlay only part of a critter's level ranges, and could span them in arbitrary ways.

I also noticed that the description for some new critters contains markup like that used for powers data, so I ported over the powers pages layout for data containing markup. Critter descriptions now show in dark mode by default, controlled by the "Colorful / Monocrome" display setting on the settings page.

I had a dev request to add per-level costume data, so that's visible now also. (It actually has been for a couple of days.) Like the critter name, this can be overridden in the conditional block.

As always, let me know if you run across broken things.

More, smaller updates are coming, but this was the big one.

Edited by UberGuy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, BillyMailman said:

One more thing you're probably aware of, but that's not per se new, and is missing: Some of Seismic Blasts powers (e.g., the Build Up variant) do the thing where they affect the recharge of other powers. But CoD isn't quite displaying this right. I'm not sure which bit is responsible (the AdjustTimer flag?), but somehow that's only actually recharging those powers by an amount, not completely. The same thing is on a bunch of the attacks, too. Though, on those it's one effect group, on the BU variant it's a separate group per power.

This is fixed. I just didn't have support for the "AdjustTimer" flag, and the logic was falling through to the default (no flags) behavior for the "RechargePower" attribmod (which is to immediately recharge the named power).

Looking into this also caused me to notice that some attribmod types were displaying any delay info twice ("blah for X sec after Y sec (only self) after Y sec"). This is now also fixed.

Edited by UberGuy
  • Thanks 1

Power effects groups now display the "HitRollSuccess" and "HitRollFailed" flags, which require that a power have either hit or missed its target, even if the power over-all is autohit.

The example below is taken from Earth Manipulation / Salt Crystals.

image.png.fe7da480f3e4342d9d2f75c1fa8dbcb2.png

The "hit required" icon above, while hard to see because it is small, is a target with an arrow in the bulls-eye. The "miss required" looks very similar, but the arrow is off to the side. However, no powers yet use the "HitRollFailed" flag, so only the "hit" icon above actually appears anywhere.

PS: It's hard to make visually distinct icons that also convey something just with their picture, given how small they need to be to support the visual information density we need for CoH powers info.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's kind of taken, I think. I already have an icon that looks like that, and it would be really hard to tell which one it is - the red "no" overlay kind of "wins" at that size.

However I'll check and see if I am using that as an effect icon or an attribmod icon. If I'm not using it as an effect icon, I think it's fair game to use this.

I understand. What I'm saying is that any icon with that superimposed on top end up just looking like the "No" icon. The details underneath are too small to make out. So having two icons that both look like that ends up just looking like two of the same icon. When they can appear together in the same list of icons, I try to keep the icons looking distinct. At least from other completely different flags/mods.

Edited by UberGuy

As it turns out, none of the effect group icons use the red strike-through "no" visual, so I'm definitely playing with that. The main problem now is that just overlaying the "no" over the target makes it so you can't really tell its a target any more, since the red ring makes it hard to notice the the concentric rings and the slash hides the bullseye. I'm playing with less bland combinations for something that looks good though. But no rush on that, since no power even uses this icon yet. I'm focusing on new site features instead.

Edited by UberGuy

Getting closer...

image.thumb.png.35d89026e93e3724f91845df527bf3ca.png

• I think all of the things we wouldn't consider "set bonuses" are being filtered out. This code builds the list of bonuses you can search for based on inspection of actual set bonus powers. Because of that, some stuff we find in "global" bonuses like the damage proc for the Spider's Bite global damage proc or the Scrapper's Strike crit bonuses are just too complicated to sanely display this way, Thus, I carefully restrict the kinds of attribmods it treats as "set bonuses". Anything that deals damage, grants extra powers, applies chance mods, or targets something other than the caster are all filtered out. This can be tuned as needed in the future.
  • Only scales that apply to the currently-selected bonus types appear in the "Bonus Size" list
  • Everything updates on the fly as you click on things.
  • The column headings let you sort by the columns' values. Bonuses you can get with one slot name display the piece from the set as CoD itself understands the set piece order (so the LotG De/+7.5% Rech is the 6th piece in the set). Single-piece bonuses like that sort as "1 slot" in the order.

The main thing missing right now is that everything resets if you refresh the page or navigate away and back. This is kind of annoying, at least to me, so I plan to do something about it. I expect my solution will let you hardlink to the page with a particular configuration, which I think might be nice for sharing pages here or in game.

PS: The "Include Greater" filter means "currently selected scale or greater".

Edited by UberGuy
  • Like 1

...Uber, have we told you enough lately that you're the best?

You're the best.

One suggestion, though. Where you're listing the sets, also list what kind of set they are. Ranged Damage or Tanker ATO or whatever. There's a lot of low-level sets that give potentially-useful bonuses that I never remember what they actually slot into.

• Like 1

It might also be useful to display the level range of each set, and/or allow the user to filter by level or a range of levels.

Unrelated to all this, I've been looking into a few things, and was wondering: How hard would it be for Set_Script_Value effects to get parsed and displayed a little more? I was looking at how Tyrant's rigged up in the Magisterium, and stuff like Summon Beams uses it. Looking at the raw info, it looks like there's a script ID, and two values that are the variable being set, and the new value. So, that one would be something like 'Set script "ZoneEvent>50plusMagisterium.GetID.dummy" value "LightTimerReset" to 1', I think? Honestly, the fact that I'm entirely unsure if that's correct is part of why I want this, lol. I'm not even sure it'd be useful very often. Might also need handling for 'Execute Script', too. Things like the Brickernaut explosion use that one.

Honestly, the more I look at it all, the less I'm sure it's useful, since the script value set in the Summon Beams power isn't even the script value checked in Notice of the Well. Putting this all together is hard when we don't have the scripts.