Long glam hair/cape don't interact

Thojifad

Hi, I have a character with the "long glam hair" and 'long cape" attributes.  The problem is that the hair and cape exist independently, which makes the hair "cut into" and under the cape, instead of sitting on top of it.  I know you guys are probably dealing with tougher issues than this, but would it be possible to make the physics for them more compatible?  When you have time, of course.  :)  My character is Irestorm, in case you need it.  Thanks.  :)

irestorm glitch.jpg

To the best of my knowledge; due to the present limitations of the engine, this is something that is rather unlikely to be correctable.  3D asset clipping is kind of an "integral part" of the City of Heroes experience, given the game's age.

@Naomi might know if there's any hope at all, but even then:  Please temper expectations.  

It would take making each individual costume piece 'aware' of all the potential adjacent costume pieces, with individual adjustments for each combination to make them interact 'properly', and when you add an animated piece like capes, it just gets worse. I believe that it's theoretically possible to do this with the existing game engine, at the cost of a significant change to the costume database and the character data structure, and a massive amount of art changes to accommodate the number of variations for the interactions. I don't believe that the HC team has the resources to do this, and frankly, I don't think it's a severe enough problem to warrant diverting their time to address.