If they cut character slots to 1 - what would be your 1 character?

DougGraves

Not hard for some people who just have a main.  But if you could just have one character, what AT, powersets, name, etc would you use?

Controllers are my favorite.  I love ice and electricity but electricity a bit more.  And dark secondary.

Funny thing is I don't actually have an electric/dark controller right now.  I have plenty of electric/ and plenty of /dark but not the combo.

I guess that's my next alt.

• Like 1

I'd probably keep my Illusion/Cold Controller. It's the closest thing to a do-it-all character I've ever played, capable of soloing just about anything but also providing a lot of utility to fast or slow moving teams. The character is also themed around being a mage/sorcerer which happens to be my favorite class in most MMOs.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

4 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

If they actually did such a thing to a game whose variety and range of possibilities is one its biggest assets... well I’d probably go play Guild Wars 2 again lol.

Word.

If this was a "last game on Earth" situation, though? I'd keep one of the two Stalker versions of my main... Kaikara/White Thorn  is KM/Bio and great fun to play. 

If I could keep two? Ivory would be my second choice. She's a Time/Dark Defender. 

But... yeah. I'd miss the rest of my gang more than enough to be ticked off about losing them. 

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

18 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

If they actually did such a thing to a game whose variety and range of possibilities is one its biggest assets... well I’d probably go play Guild Wars 2 again lol.

This

Fortunately this is a hypothetical question ... very hypothetical.  Limiting me to 8 might be doable without rage quit happening.  1 character slot, not happening.  I'm not terribly computer literate but I would be setting up my own server at that entirely hypothetical point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I think I'd end up deleting my character a lot.

Considering how easy it is to get things? Yes. If we had our current loot then definitely. Even if we started over I'd have no issues with one character.

However, I think I'd bounce server to server with my one slot if that's a cheat to this.

Held to one? Likely a Brute.

Having only one character would show players personalities more/make them better at playing a role they like best.

Edited by Rejolt
  • Like 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Yeah that'd probably be the end of the game for me.   But to answer your question, my Fire/Energy blaster would be the one that remained.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Not sure I could make such a call.  Hmmm....probably my ill/storm controller, which I've often referred to as my "Swiss Army Knife": a power for most any situation, and enough variety to keep things interesting.  But I'm also very fond of my energy blapper, as well as my dark/dark corrupter. 

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

1 is a bit ridiculous

But we probably don't need 1000 per shard lol. 

Someday, there will be a “I have 1,000 characters!” post.

Mine would be my namesake, a WP/KM Tanker, vet level 2,000,000.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Hmm, one would be tough because I like playing different ATs depending on my mood.  Maybe my Bio/Fire tank since it's fairly flexible.

I slowed way down on how many alts I have (though I have ~40 names in reserve), I'm only up to 66 chars of which two are not 50. (And the other two for reasons)

• Like 1

Taking the question straight: my main on both Live and HC, the fire/ss tank of this name. Didn't choose the build idly back when, didn't hesitate to rebuild it as soon as HC launched the game.

But less seriously... it would be a character in another game. For all the innate charms of playing any one alt here, a huge amount of the continuing enjoyment is the unlimited ability to build and run all the others.

• Like 2

UPDATED: v4.10 Technical Guide (27p7)... 158 pages of complete, comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Find myself going back to Martial Arts and Super Reflexes.  So Brute, Tank, Scrapper or Stalker?  I'm still trying to figure out which one is the best.  I've 3 of the 4, 50'ed.  The Tank is one I haven't 50'ed yet.  Probably the Scrapper.  /shrug

STOP ASKING SUCH HARD QUESTIONS

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Not hard for some people who just have a main.  But if you could just have one character, what AT, powersets, name, etc would you use?

Controllers are my favorite.  I love ice and electricity but electricity a bit more.  And dark secondary.

Funny thing is I don't actually have an electric/dark controller right now.  I have plenty of electric/ and plenty of /dark but not the combo.

I guess that's my next alt.

Altholic here.   I would stop playing.

• Sad 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

11 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Stalker, StJ/SR, Sabrehawk. I enjoy the animations of MA and DS more but the mechanics of StJ are pretty fun. I generally enjoy endgame content and SR is the 'how I learned to stop worrying about cascading defense failure and learned to love the DPS rotation' of secondary's. Plays like a dream. The two combo systems, AS and StJ, synergize well and they after endgame gearing they flow pretty smoothly.