Rikti Smash

Apparition

Back in ye olden days before sunset, I had a SS/Electric Armor Brute that I used to repeatedly run Borea missions at +2x8 with, just to destress with for a hour or so after work.  Now I'm trying to decide on another Rikti killing machine Brute.  I'm thinking Fire Melee/Electric Armor?  Or maybe Fire Melee/Radiation Armor?  Or something else entirely?  This would be fully IOed, money doesn't matter.  Suggestions?

I personally love /Shield. Against all Odds is an amazing damage boost for those x8 missions. It also gives you shield charge which will plow down entire mobs once against all odds is saturated. If you want a little more single target with it and a self heal I would go dark melee with it. Electric melee works great for some extra AoE damage as does Fiery melee. I'm sure super strength or any other pairing could work wonderfully too.

The world still needs Heroes

It can be endurance intensive until you slot sufficiently and you'll need to IO your knockback protection, but Rad/Fire makes me giggle with joy when I pop Fusion, Burn, and then Atom Smasher while in the middle of a group.

Back in ye olden days before sunset, I had a SS/Electric Armor Brute that I used to repeatedly run Borea missions at +2x8 with, just to destress with for a hour or so after work.  Now I'm trying to decide on another Rikti killing machine Brute.  I'm thinking Fire Melee/Electric Armor?  Or maybe Fire Melee/Radiation Armor?  Or something else entirely?  This would be fully IOed, money doesn't matter.  Suggestions?

Are you looking mainly for something smashtastic? If so, I'd say SS/Shield, Elec/Shield, SS/Fire, maybe SS/Rad, Elec/Fire. Any of those sets, and squeeze in Spring Attack if you can for extra smashgasm fun. If you're just talking AoE carnage, I would second the Rad/Fire suggestion. Haven't tried the combo, but I've played Rad Melee to 50 and the AoE potential with /Fire would be pretty sweet. Pick up the Reactive Interface if you do, and you can have a lot of -def and minus -res with added Fire DoT.

Now I'm thinking about Rad/Fire...

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

...but Rad/Fire makes me giggle with joy when I pop Fusion, Burn, and then Atom Smasher while in the middle of a group.

Wouldn't you want to do Atom Smasher before Burn for the added Contamination?

Will Burn leverage Contamination? I thought you only got damage splash from hitting contaminated targets with single target Radiation attacks.

Allow me to note a mistake I was making. I had Irradiated Ground slotted for Endurance Reduction , which may be understandable given my endurance woes (also addressed in the respec). GET DEFENSE DEBUFFS IN THE POWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Blazing Aura hits more reliably, you land more hits and hence you spend less endurance bringing targets down. I may have to reconsider dropping Proton Sweep (though Atom Smasher is up quite often with a single Recharge SO, so maybe not).

Are you looking mainly for something smashtastic? If so, I'd say SS/Shield, Elec/Shield, SS/Fire, maybe SS/Rad, Elec/Fire. Any of those sets, and squeeze in Spring Attack if you can for extra smashgasm fun. If you're just talking AoE carnage, I would second the Rad/Fire suggestion. Haven't tried the combo, but I've played Rad Melee to 50 and the AoE potential with /Fire would be pretty sweet. Pick up the Reactive Interface if you do, and you can have a lot of -def and minus -res with added Fire DoT.

Anything with AoE carnage.  However, wouldn't Electric Armor or Radiation Armor be a better secondary for Rikti, since they primarily do Energy and Lethal damage, not fire?

Will Burn leverage Contamination? I thought you only got damage splash from hitting contaminated targets with single target Radiation attacks.

You're correct, it won't. I'm thinking the defense debuff. But Burn is auto-hit, right? So it doesn't matter.

GET DEFENSE DEBUFFS IN THE POWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Blazing Aura hits more reliably, you land more hits and hence you spend less endurance bringing targets down. I may have to reconsider dropping Proton Sweep (though Atom Smasher is up quite often with a single Recharge SO, so maybe not).

I'm going to go with Musculature Core Paragon in my Alpha slot to provide my defense debuff enhancement. That and the 20ish% damage boost it will provide should have a noticeable effect on IG and AS combos.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Anything with AoE carnage.  However, wouldn't Electric Armor or Radiation Armor be a better secondary for Rikti, since they primarily do Energy and Lethal damage, not fire?

Probably so. but with IOs, you could probably account for those things. You could also consider Spines/. Seems plenty of farm builds are making use of that.