Tanks versus Brutes.

Snarky

3 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Considering (a) I play brutes and (b) 13 posts before yours said I don't consider Brutes useless, I am not sure what you're arguing against.

As for what Infinitum said, I wouldn't know since he is on my ignore list.

Well that will win the argument every time.

It is always a bit subjective.  I want a "Tanky" character to feel useful and unstressed.  I want to be able to do damage.  For me Brute still fits that bill better.  Brute vs Scrapper.  Scrapper does more damage.  But there is no doubt Brute is a significant amount Tankier.  More than 21%  well the Dam Res is 15% different Cap, then there is health.  Carry the 7.  Yeah, it is a bit.  Do Scrappers do x% more damage?  Yes!  But....I like some armor.  Tanks.  More Armor, easier to cap.  But...Brutes do more damage.  Once you hit the same Def and Res, even if its harder to get there, Health is less important.  Because if you are even going below 50% health you are kinda in a bad place.  So,, with a little work, nearly as survivable as Tanks.  More damage.  So, for me, Brute still fits in that sweet spot on the curve.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

It is always a bit subjective.  I want a "Tanky" character to feel useful and unstressed.  I want to be able to do damage.  For me Brute still fits that bill better.  Brute vs Scrapper.  Scrapper does more damage.  But there is no doubt Brute is a significant amount Tankier.  More than 21%  well the Dam Res is 15% different Cap, then there is health.  Carry the 7.  Yeah, it is a bit.  Do Scrappers do x% more damage?  Yes!  But....I like some armor.  Tanks.  More Armor, easier to cap.  But...Brutes do more damage.  Once you hit the same Def and Res, even if its harder to get there, Health is less important.  Because if you are even going below 50% health you are kinda in a bad place.  So,, with a little work, nearly as survivable as Tanks.  More damage.  So, for me, Brute still fits in that sweet spot on the curve.  

That's the objective sane point most people come to when playing the two ATs

• Like 1