Fixing Pines Hero Designer to be accurate for Homecoming/i25.

A few changes I've made to the latest version, but have not uploaded it yet :

Removed Wind Control from dominators, I only removed it from controllers before because I'm dumb and forgot both ATs get access to the same control powers.

Fixed Mastermind Mace Mastery to properly require Scorpion Shield / Web Envelope before you can pick Mace Beam Volley or Power Boost.

Containment now grants a 100% damage boost when enabled.

I'm trying to get Sudden Acceleration added, but I don't have the numbers to put in. I'm trying to get that updated once I can get the numbers from live.

I've updated some of the numbers for /rad and /kin masterminds End costs, but not all of them as I need additional data about the base end costs for higher level powers that I don't have access to yet.

Containment is kind of a weird case where it doubles all damage against a target but ONLY if the target is already affected by a containment effect (Hold, Immob, etc).  So it's a click toggle, but there's no way for the program to determine whether a mob is affected by a hold. So what I've done, is I've changed containment to simply grant a 100% damage boost when it's enabled. I don't know if this is the best approach, so any input or thoughts about this would be appreciated.

Containment isn't a +100% damage buff.

Containment is a 2x damage multiplier ... kind of like Critical Hits are for Scrappers, except there's a state conditional rather than a (pray to) RNGesus chance for the effect.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Containment isn't a +100% damage buff.

Containment is a 2x damage multiplier ... kind of like Critical Hits are for Scrappers, except there's a state conditional rather than a (pray to) RNGesus chance for the effect.

Yes, but Pines doesn't seem to have the option to apply multipliers to damage other than with percentages. Nor is there a way to apply a global 'duplicate' to all damage done. So if your 'Lift' power does 15 damage normally, and 15+15 with containment, the only way to reflect that in the build planner is going to be to have Containment apply a 100% damage buff. This would mean that the numbers would show lift doing 30 damage in one hit, instead of 2 - but it's the only way for people to apply containment and see damage numbers with it enabled that I can think of.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the awesome work on getting and keeping this app updated!

Is there a way to change the level of enhancements?  All of mine show up as level 50.  I see the menu option to set them all to minimum or maximum, but can I set each one to a different, specific level somehow?

Thank you,

-MC

Is there a way to change the level of enhancements?  All of mine show up as level 50.  I see the menu option to set them all to minimum or maximum, but can I set each one to a different, specific level somehow?

Yes. When you open the window to select an enhancement you can type in numbers to set a specific level. You can also use the + and - keys to add enhancement boosters.

Defender Smash!

Yes. When you open the window to select an enhancement you can type in numbers to set a specific level. You can also use the + and - keys to add enhancement boosters.

The + and - keys aren't doing that, but typing numbers works.  Thanks!

Sometimes when you're in the enhancement popup window you have to click inside the window before typing numbers or hitting +/- works to adjust IO levels.

Also if you hit + or - to use enhancement boosters, it won't show until you hover over the enhancement again. If you move your mouse outside the enhancement popup window it'll close without saving your changes as well, and seems to always default to level 50 with no boosters.

The + and - keys aren't doing that, but typing numbers works.  Thanks!

The + and - keys are a bit weird. The impact doesn't show int he enhancement selection window (since it doesn't alter the base level of the enhancement), but it does show up in the popup to the left of the window.

Defender Smash!

when you bring up the window to select the enhancement you can type out the digits of the level you want.

I just noticed that Frigid Protection under blaster's Ice Manipulation adds the recharge bonus to all powers instead of subtracting it.

Weird enough, in the properties of the power it was applying the -damage and -recharge to enemies AND to the player. This has been fixed.

Also Tinyupload wasn't letting me upload the file for some weird reason, so it's been updated to a MEGA link.

Note: I haven't tested this build yet

I'm sure you doing great with things like numbers and such, but could you make a QoL improvement by allowing the UI to scale higher. Meaning, as it sits, if I want to be able to READ things I have to zoom my screen (TV @1080p) in by two in order to A) fill the screen; and B) be able to read the names of things (even then it's hard). This would make it Soooo much more useful and prevent me having to adjust the TV while toggling to/from game.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Also, I can't seem to use that Mega link to download in IE. It just goes to the main page. Can you use one of the others like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

I'm sure you doing great with things like numbers and such, but could you make a QoL improvement by allowing the UI to scale higher. Meaning, as it sits, if I want to be able to READ things I have to zoom my screen (TV @1080p) in by two in order to A) fill the screen; and B) be able to read the names of things (even then it's hard). This would make it Soooo much more useful and prevent me having to adjust the TV while toggling to/from game.

That would most likely require a source code change, which no one has.  Honestly, Pine's as it stands probably needs to be re-written for .NET 4.8.

Also, I can't seem to use that Mega link to download in IE. It just goes to the main page. Can you use one of the others like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc?

Mega downloads only seems to work in Google Chrome.  I couldn't get it to work in Mozilla Firefox either.  I put it up here for those that don't use Google Chrome.

Unfortunately the work that I've been doing has all been done from within the program's built-in database editor. I do not have access to the code that the program was built upon, so I cannot make direct changes to the program that would adjust that.

That said, I'm looking for another hosting option. I'll update the link in the OP soon with a better download link!

Unfortunately the work that I've been doing has all been done from within the program's built-in database editor. I do not have access to the code that the program was built upon, so I cannot make direct changes to the program that would adjust that.

That said, I'm looking for another hosting option. I'll update the link in the OP soon with a better download link!

I was wondering how you were editing beyond that option. At least some work is being done for those of you who understand the numbers. :p  Yeah, Mids/Pines didn't want the source out there so I didn't know if you'd managed a decompile or something like that (hadn't read as much).

Mega downloads only seems to work in Google Chrome.  I couldn't get it to work in Mozilla Firefox either.  I put it up here for those that don't use Google Chrome.

Yeah, more and more, sites are dropping support for my poor IE browser. I still haven't decided if/when I'm going to move this main system up to Win10. The farther I go in gen, the less stuff works. I have an old Win95 app that still works in Win10, but I have to manually launch it a second time to work right (it keeps everything within screen boundaries).

• 4 weeks later

I run Pines on my laptop and it runs like sludge. Anything I can do to speed it up?

I expect its coded in Java or something equally horrible.

Really getting into speccing out builds now but it can sometimes take 2-3 seconds between each action, doesn't sound like a lot but try pausing every time you slot an enhancement.

If you are trying to run PINEs while CoH is open I hav enoticed it does this... if that's the case - simply close CoH. Only time I have PINEs open when CoH is going is when respecing or leveling up.

I run Pines on my laptop and it runs like sludge. Anything I can do to speed it up?

Really getting into speccing out builds now but it can sometimes take 2-3 seconds between each action, doesn't sound like a lot but try pausing every time you slot an enhancement.

That would most likely require a source code change, which no one has.  Honestly, Pine's as it stands probably needs to be re-written for .NET 4.8.

Actually I have mid's source code. Not titan's source code when they took it up, but Mid's. And We have completely reverse engineered the app, and recompiled it for .net 4.7.2. Not sure if that helps the perf at all.

It is being worked on by Pine, Myself, and Crytilis.

Actually I have mid's source code. Not titan's source code when they took it up, but Mid's. And We have completely reverse engineered the app, and recompiled it for .net 4.7.2. Not sure if that helps the perf at all.

It is being worked on by Pine, Myself, and Crytilis.

Possibly talk with the guys at Titan to see if you can take over the legacy Mids' site and distribute from there?

Should make it easier to distribute than mega links and other cloud storage setups...

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Possibly talk with the guys at Titan to see if you can take over the legacy Mids' site and distribute from there?

Should make it easier to distribute than mega links and other cloud storage setups...

Ideally, since it specifically a i25 version, it would make the most sense to host it here.  Titan wants to remain neutral in the private server space.

And voila - it is here on the forums: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,6298.0.html

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

If you are trying to run PINEs while CoH is open I hav enoticed it does this... if that's the case - simply close CoH. Only time I have PINEs open when CoH is going is when respecing or leveling up.

Actually, I run both with no issue. Hell, I have lots of things open at the same time. What you're Probably dealing with is the game running at full FPS in the background with the app in the foreground. To help deal with that go into the Tequila launcher and add "-maxinactivefps 5" to the launch parameters without the quotes. This will drop the game to 5 fps while in the background and seriously help reduce the GFX memory load you may experience.