Darrin Wade Mission not giving required temp power

Scril

Darrin Wade's arc 'Midnight Draws Near' is supposed to give you the Midnight Visage temp to talk to Ashley McKnight to get into the last mission. I haven't gotten it twice now, which prevents getting the right dialog talking to her to get into the mission. (Autocomplete at least has gotten me past that part, but still rather annoying.)
And before anyone asks: Yes, checked power tray/window, tried reloging and a couple other things. No dice.
Going to try remembering to do a bit of testing with it to see if I can get a better idea of why it might be happening later, if someone else doesn't have an idea.

• 1 year later
  • 1 year later

I have had this problem occur on multiple characters over the years. The only way around it seems to be auto-completing, which is so disappointing because it's really a fun mission to be disguised as Ashley McKnight's father.

image.png.726ec955a50e5e45a1d165268cfd0122.png

image.thumb.png.c8ca50ec23098ca1e5f48af3995d5bc1.png

Edited by Midnyte

That's actually rather odd. I got the temp power in the mission where I found her father. (I got him last, grabbing the 2 relics first.) Mission complete came up and so did the notice for a temp power, with Midnight Visage sitting in my power tray. Maybe it's a sequence thing?

3 minutes ago, Rudra said:

That's actually rather odd. I got the temp power in the mission where I found her father. (I got him last, grabbing the 2 relics first.) Mission complete came up and so did the notice for a temp power, with Midnight Visage sitting in my power tray. Maybe it's a sequence thing?

Aha, you just reminded me of a conversation I had with a CoH friend a couple years ago while discussing this glitch. That the power is granted at the end of the previous mission, not when you talk to the contact. Not sure if this matters, but at least it pinpoints where the glitch is happening. IOW, if you don't get the power at mission complete (w/the relics, etc), then you're glitched and not going to get the Midnight Visage power ever. I want to know a solution, Dagnabbit!  🥲 (It's 2 missions that must be completed, but once you're stuck in the cycle you can auto-complete but then have to wait another 3 days to auto-complete the 2nd one!) UGH! 😄Again, not the end of the world, but to me something worth noting.