The Ultimate!!! ...thing you never got around to. Or dropped after half hour

Snarky

1 minute ago, Grouchybeast said:

Not long after I found HC I saw someone calling for a Sewer Trial team, and I jumped on it because I really wanted the badge.  The person who started the team didn't know what they were doing -- IIRC they also hadn't been back for long -- and they ran it with the wiki page open to see what we should do next.  Everyone was very patient and good at following directions and we got it done.

I'd never done it til my SG ran it as a speed run practice about two weeks ago. We were obviously all IOed out etc and the Hounds are excellent at letting you know what to do. Think it took us 8 minutes 😂

Not sure much of that had anything to do with me though. I just chased people and Fulc Shifted as much as I could.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

Not long after I found HC I saw someone calling for a Sewer Trial team, and I jumped on it because I really wanted the badge.  The person who started the team didn't know what they were doing -- IIRC they also hadn't been back for long -- and they ran it with the wiki page open to see what we should do next.  Everyone was very patient and good at following directions and we got it done.

That was me, wasn't it?  And you and everyone was kind to me and very patient and yes, we got it done and we had fun.

If it wasn't then my memory is worse than...well, than I remember!

Of course a year or so later and I am STILL stumbling around aimlessly. Oh well, LOL.

Edited by Darmian
  • Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

1 hour ago, Darmian said:

That was me, wasn't it?  And you and everyone was kind to me and very patient and yes, we got it done and we had fun.

Yes, I think it was!  Everyone on the team was like, yes, I've definitely run this before...eight years ago.

I did a Lady Grey around the same time, and no one could remember how to defeat the weakened Hamidon.  Another triumph for Paragonwiki!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Well you had my back and were the soul of generosity and patience, and everyone else was on board with that. Made my first forays back into the city worthwhile.

Although you're also semi responsible for my AE addiction thanks to me experiencing Zombie Ninja Pirates!

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I still haven't gotten a Defender, Controller, Stalker, or Dom past the low 30s or an MM or squid past the teens.  And I only got a tank to 50 on live by making one for a static team, so I couldn't let her sit in the teens like all previous tanks because I just didn't feel like playing her.  VEATs were on my "never got past the teens" list too until recently, but now I have a widow in the 40s and I'm really enjoying her so she'll be 50 soon.

Never got around to soloing MoITF either.  Tried once, the autohit fluffy killed me, tried again, killed the auothit fluffy, learned that it's the fluffy dying that stuns you, not Rommy rezzing, haven't gotten around to trying again.  You may now revoke my Scrapper card.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

and they ran it with the wiki page open to see what we should do next. 

I've been on teams doing that and done if once or twice myself, it's not a bad tactic at all.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

11 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

and they ran it with the wiki page open to see what we should do next. 

I've been on teams doing that and done if once or twice myself, it's not a bad tactic at all.

ETA:  In fact I liked it so much I hadda post it twice, apparently!

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Haha 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

It's a lifesaver.  Especially for something like the Sewer Trial or LGTF, where the odds of figuring out the strategy in reasonable time are quite low.  And in my experience people are usually pretty patient.

• Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Other stuff

Sentinels. Still stuck mid 20s with a Beam/Elec. I don't see the point. Yay. I have an armour set I don't really need, at the cost of meh damage. Why don't I just run a Corruptor with nice buffs I can apply to myself? Pity cos I love the Cossie I made for him.

Peacebringer : I have a level 50-but-not-played-much Warshade but never even started a PB.

Ive also never played the final arcs of Villainside. Might be worth trying. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Sentinels. Still stuck mid 20s with a Beam/Elec. I don't see the point. Yay. I have an armour set I don't really need, at the cost of meh damage. Why don't I just run a Corruptor with nice buffs I can apply to myself? Pity cos I love the Cossie I made for him.

Hah. I love sentinels. I prefer ranged attacks, and the reliable status effect protection is great. I'm okay with trading some damage output for damage protection. I now have a sentinel for each primary set. I'd like to get all of them to 50 eventually, doing story arcs solo.

• Like 2

The things I've wanted to do -

Make a series of AE arcs based on Operation: Mindcrime.

Make a Nictus-side 1-50 set of arcs.

Make better VEAT arcs.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 3/1/2021 at 5:36 AM, Greycat said:

Make better VEAT arcs.

May I direct you to the AE arcs I've made that are marked VEAT?

I made a bunch of these back when the game was live and published them again here.

Different level ranges, from 1 to 40+

Specifically, they are "The Tangled Weave", "Fear And Loathing On Striga", "The Warburg Connection", "A Taste For Evil", "Faultline By Night" and "Arena".

Edited by Take One
  • Like 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

On 2/7/2021 at 8:49 AM, nihilii said:

"This time, I'll try something different."

Build ends up with CJ, Hasten, Tough/Weave, Maneuvers/Tactics/Assault, Musculature/Ageless. Every single time.

I finished leveling my EM/EA stalker this weekend.  As I leveled up, I just took what made sense 1 level at a time.    At 50 I started looking at what sets I would need to replace, when I respec'd and things were wildly out of whack.  Like... something's missing...  Then it dawned on me... 

I HADN'T TAKEN THE FIGHTING POOL! 

I got this weird little confused, but in a giggly way, feeling inside.  Like...  what?  Wait... WHAT?  What just happened?

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

5 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

I finished leveling my EM/EA stalker this weekend.  As I leveled up, I just took what made sense 1 level at a time.    At 50 I started looking at what sets I would need to replace, when I respec'd and things were wildly out of whack.  Like... something's missing...  Then it dawned on me... 

I HADN'T TAKEN THE FIGHTING POOL! 

I got this weird little confused, but in a giggly way, feeling inside.  Like...  what?  Wait... WHAT?  What just happened?

And here's where I admit that I rarely take the Fighting pool on any of my gang who aren't destined to be farmers... There always seems to be something else I want more. 😝

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice