Expectations

Troo

21 minutes ago, Uun said:

There are two Sieges listed in the new COD. They both have 50% res to S/L/C, 75% to psi, 30% to Ne

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/powerset.html?pset=praetorians.siege

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/powerset.html?pset=praetorians.p_siege

The rings appear to be a separate entity.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/powerset.html?pset=praetorians.sequestration_field

What makes him impossible isn't his resists it's the heal (w/resists).  I can beat his regen/resists but upon hitting 25% health he heals back to about 50... and the cooldown is to short to finish him between heals.  It creates a stalemate.  As I recall, there's a giant war walker in one of the new arcs that appears to have the exact same stats and powers.  That mission gives you help from Marauder, but it'd be easy to pull the target away to get him solo. 

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

1.  A very vague and non-specific question requiring a lot of assumptions be made by anyone answering it.  In an equally vague way the expectation I'd have is yes all power sets/ATs should be able to solo.

At what level?  Under what 'conditions'?  It's kind of silly (or, at least, a far less useful question) if the assumption, for instance, is can they do so at level 50.  Is the point (or underlying assumption) of the question "can the character (sets and/or AT) successfully reach level 50 (and perhaps beyond) starting from character creation by only running solo content of their choosing at a minimum notoriety setting?"  To that I'd say yes.  Some of those sets and/or ATs are going to have to 'cherry pick' their content far more, be far slower and much less 'safe' but yes I expect that should be possible.  And even this response is making assumptions.

2.  As above.  No, or at least I have to start making a lot of assumptions to make that a yes.  I'd be surprised if the answer was yes for significantly more than half the sets/ATs on SO only builds and in anything remotely resembling in a timely and typical manner (i.e.without lots of atypical tactics such as entering every mission with Shivans and Warburg nukes and 'abusing' the heck out of e-mailing inspires etc.).  Using IO sets on high end builds the other hand, yes or at least those that can't would be the rare exceptions.

3.  ?

4.  Should they be.  No, my expectation is many/most will be using some or at least planning to do so at some point.  But given there are folks who wait till they're 50 before going to endgame IO builds and others who don't even play at 50 or ×× level or higher my expectation would not be 'all'.  Too much variety in playstyles and preferences for this to be my expectation.  Nor would I want it to be for just that reason.  I vastly prefer to keep that variety intact as for me that's one of the clear strengths and beauties of this game.

5.  They sure can but again assumptions.  Is the rest of the team ~lvl 20 sidekicks or are they other Incarnates.  Is the 50+ exemplaring down to run a Posi 1 and 2 or something 45+ while teaming with non-incarnates, etc., etc.?

As for is this intended.  Probably and equally likely, as with a lot of things, it's under review.  Or if not intended it's a hell of an oversight by someone(s) along the development route.  Pretty clearly some of what might be considered issues by some should have been quite obvious in any play testing.

Edited by Doomguide2005

51 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

What makes him impossible isn't his resists it's the heal (w/resists).  I can beat his regen/resists but upon hitting 25% health he heals back to about 50... and the cooldown is to short to finish him between heals.  It creates a stalemate.  As I recall, there's a giant war walker in one of the new arcs that appears to have the exact same stats and powers.  That mission gives you help from Marauder, but it'd be easy to pull the target away to get him solo. 

I've experienced this as well. What's interesting is that COD doesn't list a heal or regen buff in his list of powers.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, Uun said:

I've experienced this as well. What's interesting is that COD doesn't list a heal or regen buff in his list of powers.

That's because you're looking at Powersets with Siege in their name, not the Siege entities themselves. There are technically 4 Sieges within the game.

So Siege Siege New which is fought in Maria Jenkins mission takes War Walkers powers from the WarWorks powersets, with Orbital attacks and Nano Reconstruction, whereas GVP Siege is more based on classic Siege Siege with Energy Blasts and Melee, along with Sequestration Field and the scripted resurrect in BAF but no heal.

Edited by Aberrant
  • Like 2

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

1 hour ago, Aberrant said:

Great info. This is the one I seek. But I don't think you can access him via ouro, just as a normal mission from Maria?

The BAF/architect version will be worthwhile looking at too.

Thx.

1 hour ago, Aberrant said:

That's because you're looking at Powersets with Siege in their name, not the Siege entities themselves. There are technically 4 Sieges within the game.

So Siege Siege New which is fought in Maria Jenkins mission takes War Walkers powers from the WarWorks powersets, with Orbital attacks and Nano Reconstruction, whereas GVP Siege is more based on classic Siege Siege with Energy Blasts and Melee, along with Sequestration Field and the scripted resurrect in BAF but no heal.

So to overcome his heal you have to do an additional 235 DPS above the damage you deal to overcome his regen.  And that's through some significant resists.... and he's  +3 level.   Just rough estimating that's probably around 1000 DPS on a pylon test if you're smashing or energy damage.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

14 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

So to overcome his heal you have to do an additional 235 DPS above the damage you deal to overcome his regen.  And that's through some significant resists.... and he's  +3 level.   Just rough estimating that's probably around 1000 DPS on a pylon test if you're smashing or energy damage.  

Sounds like you want to after him with Cold Domination or Poison, both of which have -heal (which it doesn't look like he resists).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller