Good Morning Everlasting!

rookery.

/e  rushes in from the rafters, maps and small bits of light falling all over.

Sorry! Busy busy.  Oh dammit I seem to be losing bit of data.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

/e turns the donut cannon on to automatic and flees the building before getting bismarked.

/e takes off cat suit, puts on apron and steps behind the counter to prepare pamcakes for folks.

Don't know if anyone shows today, it's kind of rainy, but that's ok.

/e listens to the distant peal of thunder.

I got to say the world changing for teleportation magics to allow you to hover longer makes me a very happy Bird. Not that I ever teleport...that stuff is dangerous. Like cave diving, bungee jumping and napping...

*shudders at the thought of a nap*

Picture if you will a strange place....constantly shifting, never staying quite the same. One moment it has the appearance of the Disney castle, the next a house of horror but always the smell of maple syrup and pancakes coming from it. Now picture the lawn of that place, sometimes brambles, sometimes well maintained with rose bushes of white, red, rose and even black varieties. It always changes, except for one place, a place of freshly turned earth. It's clear what it is. You know what it is before you've even been told, but to read it makes it that much more real, that symbol of human's fleeting impermanence.

It is a grave. 

Someone, something is buried there and quite recently. 

As you watch,  the dirt begins to shift and slide, and you realize that maybe whatever was interred wasn't quite dead. A fact that becomes all too true a moment later.

Pushing it's way forth from the moist dirt, a wing and then another and then a beak snapping and chittering before finally the whole mass of it break free from the earths embrace and hunches upon the disturbed grave coughing and gagging.

With a rasping cry the form lurches forward, picks up a shovel and staggers from the mound, "PUPPPEH.....WHY DID YOU BURY ME IN MY GOGO BOOOOOOOOOTS!"

Now imagine this same hunched form making it's way into the building and turning on the pancake making machine.

And now imagine it wishing you all good morning.

Edited by rookery.
Cause The Man trying to keep me down. Making me self edit my damn fictions.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rookery. said:

Picture if you will a strange place....constantly shifting, never staying quite the same. One moment it has the appearance of the Disney castle, the next a house of horror but always the smell of maple syrup and pancakes coming from it. Now picture the lawn of that place, sometimes brambles, sometimes well maintained with rose bushes of white, red, rose and even black varieties. It always changes, except for one place, a place of freshly turned earth. It's clear what it is. You know what it is before you've even been told, but to read it makes it that much more real, that symbol of human's fleeting impermanence.

It is a grave. 

Someone, something is buried there and quite recently. 

As you watch,  the dirt begins to shift and slide, and you realize that maybe whatever was interred wasn't quite dead. A fact that becomes all too true a moment later.

Pushing it's way forth from the moist dirt, a wing and then another and then a beak snapping and chittering before finally the whole mass of it break free from the earths embrace and hunches upon the disturbed grave coughing and gagging.

With a rasping cry the form lurches forward, picks up a shovel and staggers from the mound, "PUPPPEH.....WHY DID YOU BURY ME IN MY GOGO BOOOOOOOOOTS!"

Now imagine this same hunched form making it's way into the building and turning on the pancake making machine.

And now imagine it wishing you all good morning.

to quote the rookery "nevermore" where is Fedor???

• Like 1