Beast Mastery Dire Wolf Damage Enhancements

TheMoncrief

Somebody in the Help chat the other day brought up something I'd noticed a while back, but never bothered asking, even though it seems like something that is at least wonky if not actually bugged.

Dire Wolves, when slotted with Damage Enhancements, appears to enhance both Damage and Resist Damage. Which is cool and all, beasts need all the protection they can get, but both Damage and Resist Damage seem to be following the Resist Damage Enhancement Diversification threshold. That is, you start to get *MUCH* less effect around 55% enhancement instead of around 95%, which would be normal for Damage Enhancement.

What's up with that? Is it a display bug, or does it actually hinder the Dire Wolf's damage potential? And if the latter, is it a bug we might hope to see fixed at some point, or is it working as intended for some bizarre reason?

It's a display bug that is exactly the same as the issue with slotting Demons from Demon Summoning with damage enhancements.  Slotting the summoning power with damage enhancements will only enhance the henchmen powers that actually accept damage enhancements.  This means that the ED threshold is still intact for powers that benefit from damage enhancements, but resistance powers (which can be slotted for resistance enhancement) aren't actually benefiting from the damage enhancements at all and would require a resistance enhancement to boot their values.

The Demon's damage enhancement display bug has been fixed as far as I can remember; it looks like Beast Summoning was overlooked.

• 2 weeks later

The thing is that its not just visual for the direwolf.  Its 2 base powers chilling howl, and vicious bite are indeed only being enhanced by what is displayed, as per my post here. 

Which makes me quite sad, because I love beast mastery.

As far as getting it fixed, I'm not sure its a priority.  I made this post in early January and haven't heard or seen anything about it.  Granted it doesn't matter as much on my /Kin but it certainly would help my other Beast Masterminds.  That being said, I still love the devs.  ❤️

Edited by monkeygodbob

Yes I concur. This needs looked into.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

On 2/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, monkeygodbob said:

As far as getting it fixed, I'm not sure its a priority.  I made this post in early January and haven't heard or seen anything about it.  Granted it doesn't matter as much on my /Kin but it certainly would help my other Beast Masterminds.  That being said, I still love the devs.  ❤️

It might be a priority - bug fixes and code stabilization in general tend to be the team's biggest focus.  I suspect it's more a case of pets being the biggest tangle in CoH's pile of spaghetti code.  They have to FIND the bug before they can fix it.

23 hours ago, Black Zot said:

It might be a priority - bug fixes and code stabilization in general tend to be the team's biggest focus.  I suspect it's more a case of pets being the biggest tangle in CoH's pile of spaghetti code.  They have to FIND the bug before they can fix it.

Oh most certainly, and I didn't mean to sound rude.  The devs do a great job, I just figured it would be lower on the list due to the lack of people that play that particular power set.