Is it possible to "freeze" item prices?

Echo Night

What I mean by that is, rare salvage has not dropped to 350k in about 5-6 days. I have a few bids on pieces I need and normally can get them at 350k either instantly or within a few minutes (occasionally a couple of hours). But the price has not dropped below, I think it was 360ish in the last several days. Maybe it did while I was sleeping, but certainly has not hit the 350k mark. Last week it is was uncommon salvage not hitting 1k for a few days. Nefarious shenanigans afoot or dastardly RNG stinginess?

I have a few characters where I placed bids on rares a LONG time ago, I should go see if they filled.

I typically only make limited bids on rare salvage that isn't already horded in the SG base, when:

• crafting a specific PVP or Very Rare recipe
  • a limited number of Rare recipes that I know will sell without conversion

I will craft less valuable Rare recipes, but only when the SG base's storage needs to be trimmed down of specific rare pieces. There are always a couple of rare salvage items where I end up having 15+. Otherwise I stay away from investing 350+ Kinf in a recipe when the raw materials for a common (including 2 converters) is under 150 Kinf.