Deciding between Primaries for /Bio

BrandX

Were you going Scrapper, I might make a case for DM/Bio based on Soul Drain and Genetic Contamination along with the -Acc from DM being a potential offset to running Offsensive even with Dark Consumption overlapping Inexhaustible's raison d'être either way (that is an opportunity to take something outside one of the two sets). But Stalkers do not get Soul Drain and Genetic Corruption is a sleep field, not a damage field. But my experience with Stalkers is limited, so maybe someone else will see some merit to DM/Bio I am missing.

Edited by Erratic1

I’ve actually been underwhelmed by my electric melee stalker. I know lots of people love theirs, but whenever I think about logging into my elec/shield stalker I end up think, “ugh, I’ll log into a different one.”

The AoE damage is nice, but the single target damage is disappointing even with assassins strike. Electric melee is probably best on a stalker though because you do get assassins strike. So, if you do go electric do it on a stalker. 

I was reluctant to go dark melee on a stalker for a long time because I love soul drain so much and they don’t get it. However, if you have the income to be able to get the ATOs, build up has a very good uptime. So dark melee on stalkers is still very fun. 

So out of those two choices I would vote dark/bio/soul. 

If you are open to other primaries I would put dual blades up for consideration. My dual blades/bio stalker has become one of my absolute favorites. 

Played an elec/bio for a while i still think elec on stalkers is way above any other AT but i wasn't impressed with bio secondary on a stalker i think its bottom of the pile compared to scrap/tank/brute. Haven't got around to trying dm primary on stalker yet from the look of it touch of fear isn't available til 26 so your aoe would be limited to shadow maul if you chose to take that. I do have a dm/bio brute i don't see a stalker version being anywhere near it. With ablative/dna siphon/parasitic i'm not sure going dark for the siphon life would make a lot of difference. Elec/bio/mu sounds like a more interesting character and at least you'd have some decent aoe to go with a nice st attack chain but honestly i'd consider a different secondary if its a stalker.

25 minutes ago, Meknomancer said:

Played an elec/bio for a while i still think elec on stalkers is way above any other AT but i wasn't impressed with bio secondary on a stalker i think its bottom of the pile compared to scrap/tank/brute. Haven't got around to trying dm primary on stalker yet from the look of it touch of fear isn't available til 26 so your aoe would be limited to shadow maul if you chose to take that. I do have a dm/bio brute i don't see a stalker version being anywhere near it. With ablative/dna siphon/parasitic i'm not sure going dark for the siphon life would make a lot of difference. Elec/bio/mu sounds like a more interesting character and at least you'd have some decent aoe to go with a nice st attack chain but honestly i'd consider a different secondary if its a stalker.

I had decided on Elec/Bio/Mu.  Have to say I was sold on /Bio either at first, but I kept going with it and I've found it much better than my originally thought.  Have most of the IOs in the build though.  Only lvl 46, so none of the ATOs or Event IOs are catalyzed.  Don't have Blistering Cold (in Kick) or the Purple IOs (in Zapp) yet.

Not sold on Genetic Contamination yet, but I do LOVE DNA Siphon 🙂

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Stalker
Primary Power Set: Electrical Melee
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Havoc Punch -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(7)
Level 1: Hide -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(7), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 2: Hardened Carapace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(9), UnbGrd-ResDam(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), UnbGrd-Max HP%(13)
Level 4: Boundless Energy -- PrfShf-End%(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43), Pnc-Heal/+End(45), PwrTrns-+Heal(48), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(50), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 6: Assassin's Shock -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(15), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Mk'Bit-Dam%(17), TchofDth-Dam%(17)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Environmental Modification -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-ResDam%(19), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(19)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 16: Adaptation 
Level 18: Chain Induction -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Hct-Acc/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Hct-Dam%(25), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 20: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(27), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(31)
Level 22: Kick -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(33), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(33)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 26: Thunder Strike -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(36)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ThfofEss-+End%(37)
Level 30: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46)
Level 32: Lightning Rod -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(39), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Obl-%Dam(42)
Level 35: Zapp -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(43)
Level 38: Genetic Corruption -- LthRps-Acc/Rchg(A), LthRps-EndRdx/Sleep(45), LthRps-Acc/EndRdx(45), LthRps-Acc/Sleep(46)
Level 41: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 49: Electric Shackles -- Lck-%Hold(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(46), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 16: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 16: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 16: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 4: Ninja Run 
------------

I have a Praetrorian Stalker that's Martial/Bio.  The character's been fun.  Did all the Praetoria arcs, and the arcs in the Wards and am slowly working my way up to 50.

Genetic Corruption does do a bit of damage mitigation, and they're not as prone to run when they're sleeping

6 hours ago, lemming said:

I have a Praetrorian Stalker that's Martial/Bio.  The character's been fun.  Did all the Praetoria arcs, and the arcs in the Wards and am slowly working my way up to 50.

Genetic Corruption does do a bit of damage mitigation, and they're not as prone to run when they're sleeping

Do all the arcs?  Doesn't it kick you out at 20?  I know I had to make the choice.

19 hours ago, BrandX said:

Do all the arcs?  Doesn't it kick you out at 20?  I know I had to make the choice.

I turned off XP so that I didn't outlevel anything at levels  9,14,19 in Praetoria.  Though it's best to do them in a set order so you switch Resistance/Loyalist at the most opportune times.   Then went to First ward, did all those arcs (I think lvl 29 for that) and Night Ward goes to 39.

After that, it's either doing flashbacks or AE, though I did get the Valentine's missions.  (Cauldron and Snaptooth worked, tips & Widow do not)