My trek to 1500 badges...

Fiftycalsniper

On 5/9/2021 at 1:43 PM, Fiftycalsniper said:

Need to see about the Praetorian Zone Events (for Laureate, Protester, and Takedown Artist badges). I'm hoping they can be done with a lvl50 for ease of getting'em. And the Brickstown Freakshow event for Probation Denied and Valet - gotta see about that event, not sure what you do for it.

I don't know if you've done these yet, but all of these are easy to solo with a 50.  IIRC, all the zone event enemies scale, so they aren't too easy.  But they're quite soloable. 

For the Brickstown prison break events, just go to the main entrance of the Zig.  If the event is going on, there should be some police fighting escaped prisoners right at the door.  Fight all the bad guys until there are no more bad guys to fight.  Easy peasy. :) 

On 5/3/2021 at 11:37 AM, Fiftycalsniper said:

Trying to get a feel on the best way to do the RV badges. I grab a heavy and do as many pillboxes as I can stand in a go. I don't think the pillbox badges will be too hard, just a bit of a grind - but is there a better way to get a heavy, dismiss it quickly, and get another one? I tried the "dismiss" command, but it doesn't seem to actually cause them to go away. And, of course, I'm dreading trying to summon and defeat the various AVs and Heroes for the badges. Might need to try to pull together a team of like-minded badgers for that task.

I had basically written off the PvP badges until I saw someone putting together an AV badge team on LFG.  I got the 13 RV AV badges and two of the pillbox badges (up to Somewhere in Time) in that one run.  But RV groups are rare on Excelsior, and getting pillbox/heavy badges would be a sloggy grind solo.  And the AVs?  Fuggedaboutit.

• Like 1

Oh,  and about the RV heavies: you have to control the heavy for at least a little while to get credit.  Using the heavy to take a pillbox should be enough to do it.  So I’ve been working on this gradually by occasionally  grabbing a heavy, taking one pillbox, then zoning out and doing other stuff.  I should end up having controlled 50 heavies and taken 50 more pillboxes around the same time.  But it’ll take a while, since I’m just trying to fit working on this badge in among other things, not grinding it.

Edited by Zhym