Yomo Kimyata

A Meandering Path to a Billion Inf

Just now, Andreah said:

... I may have been market-PvP'ing with you over those 😃

But I quit too, it was fun, but not a lot of profit/effort.

In another game, I recall doing that kind of dance with the intent of driving my competitor up to bidding high enough to beat me, that I could suddenly dump my inventory into their lap at a profit. 

Just now someone was bidding 50,000 and I sold about 150 into that bid.

Who run Bartertown?

See this link for my giveaway!  FREEMoney!

Just now, Yomo Kimyata said:

Just now someone was bidding 50,000 and I sold about 150 into that bid.

I logged in to check and saw that. LOL, 50k? O.o 22.5k should be the break-even with rare salvage currently going at 500k. 

It's moments like this when I wonder if someone is messing around and having a good time at a loss, or if they know something we don't. 😮

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

... and sure enough, I saved myself 20 inf in total... 

I can't get enough of your posts 😄

I bought a bunch (about 200) Winter packs when they were on sale. Opened them all, rejoiced in the rain of Merits/brainstorms and for now, I keep all the ATOs warm and cozy while all the other people who have done the same liquidate theirs.  Slowly but surely, avalanches gain in value...

On 2/19/2021 at 7:51 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Playing rare roulette is part art, part study in statistics.  I usually budget 10 converters per IO to make it worth "something" but I rarely use anything close to that.  In this mini case-study, I have 22 IOs that I want to hit my sales price bogey.  I usually set that bogey at around 2mm, but sometimes more, sometimes less.  This takes a bit of practice and knowing what can change into what easily.  Generally, I will convert a random rare once by rarity (pull up the Convert menu, drag the Celerity to the top, select the Out-of-Set Conversion radio button, and use the (default) Rarity: Rare setting).  But how do I know if it's valuable or not?  A good shortcut is to ask yourself if you have ever slotted it yourself or if you find it useful.  A slightly longer cut is to move it to the AH and check the trade history.  At this point in my career, I have a pretty good idea of what items are worth "something".  But sometimes I'm wrong.  I've never slotted a Rectified Reticle, but I've sold oodles of them.

Sometimes you will get an item that isn't very valuable in and of itself, but it can be converted in set to something valuable.  Or it can be converted by category to something valuable.  Example:  I roll a lvl 20 Impervium Armor Resistance IO.  That's probably worth something by itself.  If I convert it in set, I can eventually get the +psionic resist IO which is generally worth a fair amount more.  If I convert it by Resist Damage, I can end up with a Steadfast Protection or an Unbreakable Guard.  You can run the odds if you like, but often either way will be ok.  I'll talk a lot more about converting in set at a future point in time but I'll tell you this one right now:  I always convert a Steadfast in set until I get the Defense, and I always convert a Kismet until I get the Accuracy.

If you really have no idea what something is worth, think about what your bogey is.  Then see if it has traded for less than that amount in the last five; if so, reroll.  Just don't set your bogey too high or you will be rolling a long, long time.

The above quote exactly describes my process, including the converter budget and the target price point.

The ONLY quibble I have (and this is more about me than the method above) is that I often slot pieces/sets that the market doesn't 'appreciate'. For example, I think Thunderstrike and Mocking Beratement are very undervalued (uncommons) and the market on Basilisk's Gaze and Expedient Reinforcement (two rare sets with good 4-slot set bonuses) is either feast-or-famine.