How customized is your character?

DougGraves

I customize pretty much everything, usually, including most of the character having multiple costumes and using a file-load keybind to cycle costumes, even though it's usually just changing colors. Like using orange lightning for 15 seconds, then switching to green, then blue, etc.... keeps things changing and interesting. Though I do have a character who is a nature spirit, and who changes between animal-themed costumes.

• Like 1

I customize the power colors but usually draw the line there.  Most of my characters have only one costume and I don't go hard on macros, keybinds, auras, etc.  Back on live i was heavy into RP but even there didn't get too far into it beyond having multiple costumes, most of which were just casual wear.  At this point most of my characters don't even have bios.

Customized window colors and speech bubbles?

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 2/19/2021 at 4:50 AM, GM Arcanum said:

Pretty customized, I'd say.

image.png.86e0c97f7cedc8b223efde3b4fd76f0c.png

Okay. That's pretty impressive for a little floating book.. you win.

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 2/18/2021 at 3:16 PM, Rishidian said:

I like to keep something consistent between their costumes.  I figure they are the same person no matter what costume they are wearing at the moment.  Typically, I'll keep hair color, face (shape, size, model), body shape and size, and any manifestations the same colors.  I would change hair styles and costume parts (obviously). 

I'm similar - I'll often pick one costume piece that is present in every costume. Most often, it's the same belt used with every costume. And hair color is the main reason I don't use certain hats - the ones that include hair. It's just impossible to get the same hair color, particularly if I'm trying to make the hat match the rest of the costume.

I do have one character who doesn't stick to a specific color scheme. Each of her ten costumes uses different colors, and she changes her hair color to match. Her wing color, too. She has the small, feathery wings growing from her shoulders (can't recall the name of them right now), and she dyes the feathers along with her hair).

I always customize power colors, though I don't usually bother changing travel power colors. Now that we can customize teleporter colors, it occurred to me that things like the Base Teleporter or the Long Range Teleporter are not part of my character's power set. Lore-wise, it would appear that these are tech devices, probably built by somebody else, so there's no reason their effects should match the colors of my powers any more than the gasoline I put in my car needs to match my car's paintjob. On the other hand, I have a tech-origin Energy Blast character who designed her costume to match the color of the energy generated by her gear.

Yes.  I tend to favor a lot of minimal effects when I can, for one thing (devs, there's cookies in your future if you give us more, just sayin'...).  I generally have a color scheme in mind for each costume's powers as well, and I don't want say my greenish character to start using a red TP power and look like Christmas or whatever - unless I do.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I customize everything, use the character titles when appropriate, and go out of my way to get and select badges that enhance them as well.  So it will be, for instance, 'The Valiant Mythic Heraclea, General' or 'The Honest Baroness Munchhausen, Defender of Truth' (or, 'Cobra') I customize powers at character creation.  I change concepts in the playing, and occasionally rename and redo characters.  I do tend to try to minimize glows and funks on characters to the extent possible. 

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291