Buff GM damage

xl8

I don't know if it's so much not doing enough damage per hit, as much as them not having enough attacks and special gimmicks or better AI. If you want GMs to be something special, they have to be something more than giant bags of HP that occasionally punch back.

Edited by EmperorSteele

On 2/18/2021 at 7:35 PM, xl8 said:

GM's should be one of the highlights of the game. But now they're soloable.

They're regen levels are still difficult (good), so to make them more challenging for all levels of teams, let's buff their damage so a close proximity wipe is possible.

Gets the healers healing, the trollers spamming control, and tanks taunting and pointing away from team.

Just because some arch types under very special IO configurations can solo, can hardly be considered representative of the entire community's capability to do so. Also I caution anyone in providing solutions that affects some or many arch types disproportionately. I often read proposals by melee, mainly, playing folks, demanding that more challenge be added to the game, and just about every solution they give, mainly affects the support types with out real challenge to the melee types. How to make things tough or  more challenging in a balanced manner is difficult.

A suggestion, if you got to make GMs harder (not sure the community would agree with you), I suggest that GMs have a de-buff aura that has fixed potency that affects resistance, defense, regeneration, endurance, recharge and accuracy. This fixed de-buff is equally distributed among all opponents in the area; thus if many are attacking the GM, as expected to be the norm, the de-buff would be trivial, while if soloed the de-buff would be quite considerable and render the solo attacker quite vulnerable and unable to hit the side of a barn.

Hugs

Sue

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 9:53 PM, SwitchFade said:

Here... An example...

Lusca can already dirt nap you, unless you're built to prevent it, i.e. defense or resist. Now I can prevent the damage, so scaling it up doesn't matter. On the other hand, the squishies that can't prevent the incoming damage...

Here's the only example. Given repeatedly.

On 2/19/2021 at 5:09 PM, Troo said:
On 2/19/2021 at 1:47 PM, xl8 said:

I'm there for the challenge (which overall I'd like to see more of for teams). Rewards are of zero interest, especially the purchasable variety.

wrong game..

Any game.