Zero Point Energy: Energy/Energy/Mu Stalker

Bopper

Notes from the Author

It's been awhile since I've posted a build, and that's mostly because I've been testing more than playing this past year. I never played a Stalker before (normally I lean towards Tankers/Defenders for their survival potential), but after testing EM during Issue 27 beta testing I knew I wanted to try my hand at a true damage dealer. So I built this character with survivability in mind (old habits die hard) while looking for avenues to beast against a single target. For fun, as I like to hybrid my builds a bit, I wanted to try to give my Stalker some AoE potential as well. This is why I went against the grain and did not take Bone Smasher as I went with taking a max synergized Cross Punch instead.

I also went away from Procs for this build. I still have some, but this is by no means a proc-monster build. I figure PPM is not long for this world as we know it to be, so I wanted to start weening myself off of them somewhat. After playing the character some more, I may revisit adding more procs.

Edits made to the build:

2021 Feb 28: 

Spoiler

I gave up on Cross Punch. I love the power, but as an AoE it's really best on a Tanker. Otherwise, it should be treated as a decent ST attack with incidental AoE. I'm an EM stalker, I am full of great ST attacks, so taking it just feels unneccesary. So I removed it and redesigned the character slightly. I turned Power Crash into a proc bomb, and I muled Mu Bolts to give myself a 3rd ranged attack while getting my E/N defense to a level I could be happy with. I also added Tactics which helps buff up the damage of Zapp and is now a featured attack in my ST attack chain.

Overall, defense went down slightly (S/L/E/F/C are now 53% while Neg is 43%), and global recharge went up (+12.5%). The biggest cost for the change, I go from 100% slow resists down to 70% slow resists. Not too big of a deal as Base Empowerments can still buff me up to 90% slow resists which seems perfectly fine given the extra recharge in the build.

So a breakdown of some of the tweaks:

Power Crash now recharges in 5.47s and averages 499 damage outside of hide with a 71% chance of procing the FotG -Res proc. When hidden, this goes up to 608 average damage. In my previous build, Power Crash recharged in 4.76s and averaged 366 damage outside of hide with a 47% chance of procing FotG. When hidden, it averaged 476 damage. So the loss of Cross Punch was avenged by making Power Crash better outside of Hide than it was inside of Hide.

With Tactics, Zapp now averages 492 damage outside of hide (760 if hidden) which is an increase from the previous build's 391/632. This increase in damage has me using it in my ST attack chain now.

I also swapped to Super Jump instead of Super Speed. This is just personal preference, but too often I would use SS in tight areas and hated the overcorrections. I may swap back, though.

2021 Feb 19:

Spoiler

Removed the recharge from Build-Up thanks to Oldskool's very useful information. I used that extra slot to add a Kismet to Hide. I figure this will help with hitting +4s and when exemplaring, and I figured it will buff Zapp. Also thanks to Oldskool's info about the Global Proc only working after using it on a map at least once, I swapped the enhancements between Energy Transfer and Energy Punch. I figure if I exemplar below level 27, I will still want to have access to that Build Up proc.

Design Goals:

• High Recharge: I want to have near perma-Hasten while also having my best attacks up more often
  • Be surviable:
    • Softcapped Defenses (45+% to S/L/E/N/F/C),
    • Decent Regeneration (400+%, 25+ HP/sec),
    • No Endurance Issues,
    • Decent Resists (40+% S/L, 30+% in F/C/E/N)
  • DPS for anything:
    • Single Target (wreck Bosses+)
    • AoE (mow through Minion/LT packs)
    • Range (I don't always want to chase, so hurt them from afar)

How did those goals work out?:

• High Recharge:
    • Hasten coolsdown in 120.9s (114.8s when Base Empowerment: Increased Attack Speed is active). 188.75% global recharge (208.75% with base empowerment)
    • Also built in 70% resistance to Slows (90% with Base Empowerment), so no fear of debuffs to my movement or recharge
  • Survivability:
    • Defenses - S/L: 54%, F/C: 53%, E: 53%, N: 43% (Energy Drain can increase this more)
    • Regeneration - 389.5% (26 HP/sec), also Energize is able to heal 600 HP every 33s)
    • Endurance - Energize is nearly perma'd and Energy Drain is on a 21s cooldown, rarely any endurance issues
    • Resists - S/L: 47%, F/C: 44%, E: 28%, N: 25%, T: 22% (a little short on my E/N goals, but acceptable)
  • DPS for anything:
    • Single Target
      • Can burst TF (hide) > ET (fast) > AS (fast) for 2100 damage in 5.15s (~410 DPS)
      • Can chain TF > ET (fast) > AS (fast) while using EP Zapp as filler for sustained chunky damage
      • For big fights: PC > AS > TF > ET (fast) > AS > Zapp > ET. The 71% chance to debuff will create on average 14% more damage for the chain, pushing numbers to approximately 385 to 443 DPS. Without factoring in BU or Hide proc.
    • AoE
      • Can burst PC (hide) > Ball Lightning > Cross Punch for ~185 AoE DPS, and sprinkle in fast AS for bosses
      • PC (hide) > Ball Lightning > Assassins Strike. The AoE does on average ~850 damage in a little over 3s of animation time. With enough targets clustered there's a high probability of getting BU to proc and use it before AS.
    • Range
      • Have Zapp (7s cooldown), Mu Bolts (2s) and Ball Lightning (11s). Zapp is utilized in my ST melee attack chains while Ball Lightning is used in my AoE chains. Mu Bolts is mostly there as filler for when I am truly stuck at range.

How does it play?:

Updated:

I've been playing this character a lot more lately and have definitely played around with some of the ideas mentioned in the comments and most importantly tried various forms of game play to get a feel for what works and what doesn't. Sadly, Cross Punch just didn't work for me. Enemies scatter too often and rarely do they aggro tight enough for me to take advantage of the AoE. So it's gone. The good news, I think my AoE potential is far improved now that I created a build that is able to emphasize more procs and recharge. Power Crash is now strong enough to where I could use it in my ST attack chain and not miss a beat. I might revisit Cross Punch, but I would have to test it with Fold Space and see if I can make good use of it. 

I have playtested this toon in Fire and S/L farms, and the survivability is very good. It also allowed me to test out Power Crash and Ball Lightning together and wow, the BU proc fires at a fantastic rate. If/when I can hit 16 targets with Ball Lightning, BU will recharge 56% of the time. With Power Crash, 5 targets will recharge BU 23% of the time, and with 10 targets it becomes 40% of the time. I'm not saying this toon is intended to be a farmer, just saying in highly saturated scenarios, the AoE of this build can blossom into something very capable. I often use TF and AS as filler while I wait for PC to come off cooldown. I'm also not sold on Ragnarok as the set for Ball Lightning. I'm very tempted to go with Positron's Blast and get one more proc into the attack. The recharge would go from 8.4s to 11.1s, but the average damage would go up from 169 to 245. Right now I have it in the build as alternative slotting scratch that, I'm going with Positron over Ragnorak.

In regular content, I mostly adapt to the situation. I'll usually start with Power Crash on mobs to hopefully one shot Minions and possibly LTs (if I crit and get some procs), then roll into my ST chains. Bosses are dead before a chain ends, Elite Bosses might last up to two chains...might. 

One of the things I changed from the first build, I went back to using Miracle's recovery in my build. I just didn't like needing to use Energy Drain and/or Energize to fix my endurance issues...I wanted to keep punching. So I threw it back in and feel pretty good about the results so far.

Mu Bolts...it's there as a mule. BUT, there are times where I don't mind having the extra range attack. Running a BAF and picking off Prisoners from a far, it's useful. It's nothing more than that, situational utility.

Right now, I'm still trying to decide what I want to do to polish off the build. I'd love to find two or three more enhancement slots to patch a few more things. But, I like where it's at. It's tanky, it hits really hard, and it is fun. It solos well and it shines in team content (where others debuffs helps highlight the characters raw damage potential). For exemplaring, I'd probably do some things differently, but given that I usually don't exemplar below level 30, this build fits me well.

Original:

Spoiler

So far so good. I've been shuffling enhancements around quite a bit lately, trying to fine tune things as I learn. I switch up my alpha ST attack chains and still am not 100% as to which I prefer. Sometimes I'll use AS out of hide, and hope to proc Hide for TF so I can get the Double Energy Focus. But ultimately, I usually settle on starting all my attacks with TF (hide) and use 2 ET(fast) and an AS(fast) before TF is up again. I don't miss Bone Smasher as Zapp and Energy Punch both do similar DPA, so removing it for Cross Punch feels like the right move. It does similar damage but in an AoE, just slightly slower to animate.

I find it funny that I am playing a stalker while using a powerset known only for its single-target DPS, and yet I feel good about its AoE capabilities. Sure...I'm not gonna farm with it. But if I come up on a mob and they're grouped pretty well, Power Crash out of hide is like a small diameter bomb going off. It hits for 1.9519 scale damage and if it crits that is 3.9038 scale damage. That's basically a blaster nuke going off on 5 targets. Throw in max synergy Cross Punch for similar base damage (1.651 damage scale) while having the FF proc and the 10% recharge/to-hit buff per target hit to assist with getting Power Crash to cooldown in about 3s. It's nice. To put it in some perspective of how strong PC is, it's the same AoE and Damage as Slow Arc of Destruction...but a Stalker has it. And it animates in under 2s. Double nice.

I do run into trouble at times with survivability (when soloing x8 content), but luckily most attacks are fast animating so when I do see trouble I can click Energize/Energy Drain and hopefully recover that trouble before they get a 2nd or 3rd lucky punch in. I try to save those powers for when I need them, but occasionally if my endurance is suffering I'll use one up while still saving the other for a rainy day. Energy Drain is more of my endurance fixer since it recharges so quickly, while I save the Heal in Energize for moments of desperation.

I'll update this more when I play more. For now, I just want to share the build and get comments/feedback.

The Build:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Energy Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(7)
Level 2: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(9)
Level 4: Power Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(13), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(15), Rct-Def/Rchg(15), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Rct-ResDam%(17)
Level 6: Assassin's Strike -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(23)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Entropy Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Super Jump -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(A), WntGif-ResSlow(23)
Level 16: Kinetic Dampening -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(27)
Level 18: Power Crash -- Erd-%Dam(A), Arm-Dam%(29), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29), Obl-%Dam(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Dmg(31)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(33), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 26: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dam%(34), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Hct-Acc/Rchg(34), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), TchofDth-Dam%(36)
Level 28: Energy Drain -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(39), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(39)
Level 35: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(40), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(42), Prv-Absorb%(42)
Level 38: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(42), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), StnoftheM-Dam%(43), Apc-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 44: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48)
Level 47: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A), AdjTrg-ToHit(48)
Level 49: Mu Bolts -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(49), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(49), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Energy Focus 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: Marshal 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
------------

Below this line is the original build.

Mids build link:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Zero Point Energy: Level 50 Magic Stalker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(7), Ksm-ToHit+(19)
Level 2: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(9), LucoftheG-Def(9)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13)
Level 6: Assassin's Strike -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(19)
Level 12: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(21), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(21), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), RctArm-ResDam(23), RctArm-EndRdx(25)
Level 16: Cross Punch -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-%Dam(25), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(29)
Level 18: Power Crash -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(33)
Level 20: Kinetic Dampening -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 26: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Dam%(37), TchofDth-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Energy Drain -- ShlWal-Def/Rchg(A), ShlWal-Def(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39)
Level 30: Super Speed -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(39), WntGif-ResSlow(39)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(40), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42)
Level 35: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 38: Zapp -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), Apc-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 49: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
------------

Images for the build:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c54ba994d5558a935ba957038b97beff.png

image.thumb.png.b7bca4d636403059b9fdfee7444f5f6b.png

image.thumb.png.0a00a03b1ec5db21b211bd90e5e43d30.png

image.thumb.png.e53157c9afe99b16c08880a8b83fe837.png

Edited by Bopper
Removed Cross Punch, new build design
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I was going to say you could probably dump that recharge IO in BU.  Where you move it to is up to you. 

Also, the Assassin's Mark IO has some funky mechanics.  I see BU refreshes even when I am not using the power that holds it.  I decided to log in real quick to verify so I didn't just go off the cuff imagining things.  

I have that set in Smite on my DM/DA Stalker (the one tested).  I use Smite in my attack chain BUT here were the following triggers: 

1) Touch of Fear. 
2) Shadow Maul. 
3) Dark Regeneration.  
4) Assassin's Eclipse.  

Some food for thought.  [Not that it really matters given how you use ET, TF, and AS here]

Edited by oldskool

27 minutes ago, oldskool said:

I was going to say you could probably dump that recharge IO in BU.  Where you move it to is up to you. 

Also, the Assassin's Mark IO has some funky mechanics.  I see BU refreshes even when I am not using the power that holds it.  I decided to log in real quick to verify so I didn't just go off the cuff imagining things.  

I have that set in Smite on my DM/DA Stalker (the one tested).  I use Smite in my attack chain BUT here were the following triggers: 

1) Touch of Fear. 
2) Shadow Maul. 
3) Dark Regeneration.  
4) Assassin's Eclipse.  

Some food for thought.  [Not that it really matters given how you use ET, TF, and AS here]

Very interesting. I'll have to look up the power. I assumed it triggers from the power its slotted in, bit perhaps it's a global enhancement that any power can trigger. If that's the case, then yes, I will have no need to slot recharge

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

It's a global proc, but it is quirky in that you need to use the power it is in before it will start proc'ing (haven't tested that in awhile, but was that way at one point).

I have it in shield charge on my sav/shield and it goes off constantly on the large aoes. Shield charge will trigger it, but it won't actually refresh BU. I guess because it is a psuedopet.

Edited by Frosticus
  • Like 1

I rolled one of these and have not picked an epic yet. Like you, I am finding leading with AS isn't as good as TF to ET. I tend to focus on resists first but in this build, I am going to want good all around. I don't see myself getting cross punch and dropping barrage and bone smasher yet, but I see why you did. I tend to go ALL IN on a mechanic or play style and my goal was like yours to be well rounded but I will lean more resist than def. I also see high global recharge a big bonus unlike in my other stalker (staff/fire) this one just plays different. Anyhow I am going all in on single target attacks and melee not ranged, but I am feeling most of what you said. The big 3 hit (ET, TF, AS) hit very hard and not leading with AS is going to take some getting used to. I put my chance to recharge build up in barrage for now. I am loving the single target and melee focus too much to grab a snipe and a AoE, but I can see why you did it.

I like Mu. I have no idea what epic I will get but likely I will focus on more survivability. Maybe I can get that region and recovery up and lessen the endurance consumption. I made this guy for the sole purpose of being single target only. I got my staff guy if I wanna mix things up.

Edited by arkieboy72472

36 minutes ago, arkieboy72472 said:

I rolled one of these and have not picked an epic yet. Like you, I am finding leading with AS isn't as good as TF to ET. I tend to focus on resists first but in this build, I am going to want good all around. I don't see myself getting cross punch and dropping barrage and bone smasher yet, but I see why you did. I tend to go ALL IN on a mechanic or play style and my goal was like yours to be well rounded but I will lean more resist than def. I also see high global recharge a big bonus unlike in my other stalker (staff/fire) this one just plays different. Anyhow I am going all in on single target attacks and melee not ranged, but I am feeling most of what you said. The big 3 hit (ET, TF, AS) hit very hard and not leading with AS is going to take some getting used to. I put my chance to recharge build up in barrage for now. I am loving the single target and melee focus too much to grab a snipe and a AoE, but I can see why you did it.

I like Mu. I have no idea what epic I will get but likely I will focus on more survivability. Maybe I can get that region and recovery up and lessen the endurance consumption. I made this guy for the sole purpose of being single target only. I got my staff guy if I wanna mix things up.

Don't sleep on Zapp or Moonbeam. It actually does similar DPA as Energy Punch and Bone Smasher. I could see why you will want Barrage for the -Special mechanic it offers with Energy Focus. If that's the case, I would consider not taking Energy Punch (except for low level content) and using Bone Smasher and Zapp/Moonbeam in your rotation. Remember, Zapp/Moonbeam gets a damage buff when you have increased To-Hit in your build, so you can add a Kismet, Tactics, and/or rely on the high uptime of Build Up to leverage the bonus damage into Zapp/Moonbeam.

Some numbers:

• Energy Punch: 1.16 scale, 1.056s arcana, scaled DPA = 1.098484...
  • Bone Smasher: 1.64 scale, 1.452s arcana, scaled DPA = 1.129476584
  • Snipe (+0% To-Hit, minimum): 1.75 scale, 1.584s arcana, scaled DPA = 1.1047979...
  • Snipe (+22% To-Hit, maximum): 2.30 scale, 1.584s arcana, scaled DPA = 1.452020...

As you can see, if you gain some +To-Hit in your build, you can make Zapp/Moonbeam do far more DPA than both Bone Smasher and Energy Punch. Also, Snipe gives you another purple proc that you can add, which will have a 90% chance to fire even if you slot recharge into the power. With enough recharge in your build, you could do a rotation like this:
TF (hide) > ET (fast) > AS (fast) > Snipe > ET (fast)

Hi Bopper,

nice writeup and build. it is very similar to mine. But i use Bone Smasher and Maneuver instead of Kick and Cross Punch. I did miss having another AoE Power from time to time but i did not consider Cross Punch, because it would make me take another Power (Kick). So good job to tweak that all and still be tanky.

5 hours ago, Bopper said:

As you can see, if you gain some +To-Hit in your build

This is part of the reason I view Combat Teleport as nearly mandatory on most Scrapper/Stalker builds. The other part is, of course, it makes navigating chaotic battles much, much easier. The fact that it can slot either BotZ or Retified Reticle is just gravy.

5 hours ago, Hjarki said:

This is part of the reason I view Combat Teleport as nearly mandatory on most Scrapper/Stalker builds. The other part is, of course, it makes navigating chaotic battles much, much easier. The fact that it can slot either BotZ or Retified Reticle is just gravy.

Funny enough, the first design of this character did take the Teleport Pool (I wanted to use Fold Space), but I went away from it. CT does have a nice ToHit buff, however I think the buff only lasts for the next attack, not the full 6 seconds. I might be misremembering that so correct me if I am wrong. If I am, I might want to revisit adding that in the build

I liked that you went all in on cross punch (i would never on EM but do like that you did. that's the kind of possible build variety that would be great to see more of)

It's interesting to see how previous AT preferences and experience can influence your playstyle on a stalker. (not playing it 1-50 likely also has an impact)

I'm glad you point out how TF as the combo opener really impacts the how a Stalker is used.

Kudos.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

21 minutes ago, Troo said:

I liked that you went all in on cross punch (i would never on EM but do like that you did. that's the kind of possible build variety that would be great to see more of)

I'll admit I'm still not 100% sold on Cross Punch for the build. I've only used it before on a tanker and I can notice the difference between having only a 50 degree arc versus the 75 degree arc (not having taunt also exacerbates it).

But, it works nice when teamed and a Tank groups the targets for me. Also, while solo, it's why I started using Ball Lightning after Power Crash instead of Cross Punch. Going PC (hide) > BL > CP, that lends itself time for aggro to gather on me during the first two attacks in hopes of maximizing the targets hit with Cross Punch.

I still have to think about it though. Taking Kick to buff Cross Punch's damage (13% more damage) and buffs (100% more buffs) is probably not worth it in the long run. In which case I'd probably replace it with Tactics to further buff Zapp and have some resistance to Blind. 

22 hours ago, Bopper said:

Funny enough, the first design of this character did take the Teleport Pool (I wanted to use Fold Space), but I went away from it. CT does have a nice ToHit buff, however I think the buff only lasts for the next attack, not the full 6 seconds. I might be misremembering that so correct me if I am wrong. If I am, I might want to revisit adding that in the build

Combat Teleport's to-hit bonus is 5 seconds after a 0.5 second delay and does not go away when "used."

EDIT:  Hah, no, I'm lying, it does go away when used.  cancel_events "Attacked."  God, I wish they had made this power better.

Edited by aethereal

On 2/19/2021 at 9:03 PM, Bopper said:

Can chain TF > ET (fast) > AS (fast) while using EP as filler for sustained chunky damage.

When you're just wandering around attacking things, wouldn't you want to do AS > TF > EF give the chance to hide proc?

59 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

When you're just wandering around attacking things, wouldn't you want to do AS > TF > EF give the chance to hide proc?

You absolutely might, and I tend to do this as well. But sometimes I just like playing it safe and ensuring I get the Double EF. But we can break it down. I will do all of the following calculations assuming I don't miss a target. I will also provide average probability of a crit for TF given. I'm assuming the 3s total cast time is used for AS, so the probability to proc Hide is 87.538% in my slotting. So the probability that TF crits will be 87.538% + 10% x (100%-87.538%) = 88.78%

AS (hide) > TF > ET (fast) > AS (fast)

TF (hide) > ET (fast) > AS (fast)

AS (slow) TF ET (fast) AS (fast)  
DMG 994.6 503.4 647.9 392.2  
Avg Proc DMG 0.00 159.52 0.00 0.00  
Crit Chance 0% 88.78% 10% 66.60%  
Avg Crit DMG 0.00 125.54 18.20 261.21  
Arcana 3.168 2.772 1.188 1.188  
Gap 0 0 0 0  
        Avg DMG 3102.57
        Avg Time 8.316
        DPA 373.084
  TF (hide) ET (fast) AS (fast)    
DMG 499.4 642.9 389.1    
Avg Proc DMG 159.52 0.00 0.00    
Crit Chance 100% 10% 66.60%    
Avg Crit DMG 140.28 18.06 259.14    
Arcana 2.772 1.188 1.188    
Gap 0 0 0    
        Avg DMG 2108.40
        Avg Time 5.148
        DPA 409.557

From the table we can see using TF (hide) instead of AS (hide) winds up providing more burst DPS (410 vs. 373). It turns out, slow version of AS is only 314 DPS, which is less than what our chain DPS would be, so it probably isn't worth using unless the target can be one-shot.

EDIT: I will caveat this, the Hide proc has a timeout to it, so it's not a bad idea to start with AS (slow) in hopes of locking out the hide proc for later. Ideally we want the hide proc going off before TF, so if you want to start your lockout up front, you can improve your odds of achieving the AS (fast) that precedes TF to re-proc the hide.

All that being said, I have been working on a new build where I use Zapp in my attack chain, and I take Tactics to help increase its Quick Snipe damage. It's still a work in progress, but it has potential. When TF crits, you can pump out 4k damage in about 10s, but if TF doesn't crit you only pump out 3.6k damage in closed to 11s. This is numbers assuming +16.5% To-Hit buff from Tactics and Kismet. *This is not from the build posted, just something I'm play-testing*. These numbers assume Build Up is not active.

TF (crits) TF ET (fast) AS (fast) Zapp ET (fast) EP AS (fast)
DMG 503.4 647.9 392.2 326.8 647.9 164.8 392.2
Avg Proc DMG 159.52 0.00 0.00 96.381 0.00 0.00 0.00
Crit Chance 100% 10% 66.60% 10% 10% 10% 66.60%
Avg Crit DMG 141.40 18.20 261.21 32.68 18.20 16.48 261.21
Arcana 2.772 1.188 1.188 1.584 1.188 1.056 1.188
Gap 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
            Avg DMG 4080.48
            Avg Time 10.16
            DPA 401.46
TF (no crit) TF ET (fast) AS (fast) Zapp ET (slow) AS (fast)  
DMG 503.4 647.9 392.2 326.8 647.9 392.2  
Avg Proc DMG 159.52 0.00 0.00 96.381 0.00 0.00  
Crit Chance 10% 10% 66.60% 10% 10% 33.30%  
Avg Crit DMG 14.14 18.20 261.21 32.68 18.20 130.60  
Arcana 2.772 1.188 1.188 1.584 2.904 1.188  
Gap 0 0 0 0 0 0  
            Avg DMG 3641.33
            Avg Time 10.82
            DPA 336.41

Edited by Bopper

Hey @Bopper, nice math!

I wanted to help you with your project here, so here are my Rotations:

TF(i got 2 EF stacks) -> ET (fast) -> Zapp -> ET (fast) -> AS 

Normally i should be hidden, then i start that chain again.

When i do not get the double stack of EF i go with:

TF(i only got 1 EF stack) -> ET (fast) -> Zapp -> AS

The mindfull player will now find that the first chain has a small gap when i use ET-Zapp-GAP-ET. Even with very high recharge it is a very minor gap that did not break my dps on AVs because this gap is here for Build Up, Energize, Hasten, Incarnate Powers or Insiprations.

Also i use to avoid slowET like hell and  for single target i try to only use the 4 most damaging powers. It worked for me very well so far. Because of the frequent use of fast ET i end up damaging myself a lot, so Energize every now and then is very helpfull. I choosed to use the Purple damage proc in ET, but the proc chance might be low, i don't know. Anyway i hope that i could help you.

Here is my build:

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Stalker

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Barrage -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(46), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 1: Hide -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Ksm-ToHit+(46)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(43)
Level 4: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(5), RedFrt-Def(5)
Level 6: Assassin's Strike -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(11)
Level 12: Power Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(13), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Rct-Def/Rchg(15), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 14: Super Speed -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 16: Kinetic Dampening -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(17), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(42)
Level 18: Power Crash -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Arm-Acc/Rchg(19), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Arm-Dam%(21), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(23)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(25), Ags-Psi/Status(25)
Level 26: Total Focus -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(27), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), GldStr-%Dam(40)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), RedFrt-Def(34), RedFrt-EndRdx(37)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Rchg(33), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Hct-Dam%(34), GldStr-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 38: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(40), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
------------

Energy Melee/Electric Armor/Soul Mastery is tempting.

Cramming as many fast version Energy Transfers and Assassin's Strikes into a 10 second window is of course a goal.

A sustained attack chain outside that really could hinge on how often hide can trigger.  (for fET & 120.48 heal on self after 0.10s delay Only if hidden)

ET with a hide proc?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

There are 2 directions you could go. 

1. Build a long chain to outwait the suppression of the hide proc.

2. Build a fast chain and plan for it to give hidden every 2nd AS. 

EM is quite good at building assassin focus so I think I'd lean toward a fast chain and plan for 2 fast ETs every other cycle. 

7 hours ago, Croax said:

I wanted to help you with your project here, so here are my Rotations:

TF(i got 2 EF stacks) -> ET (fast) -> Zapp -> ET (fast) -> AS 

Normally i should be hidden, then i start that chain again.

When i do not get the double stack of EF i go with:

TF(i only got 1 EF stack) -> ET (fast) -> Zapp -> AS

The mindfull player will now find that the first chain has a small gap when i use ET-Zapp-GAP-ET. Even with very high recharge it is a very minor gap that did not break my dps on AVs because this gap is here for Build Up, Energize, Hasten, Incarnate Powers or Insiprations.

Also i use to avoid slowET like hell and  for single target i try to only use the 4 most damaging powers. It worked for me very well so far. Because of the frequent use of fast ET i end up damaging myself a lot, so Energize every now and then is very helpfull. I choosed to use the Purple damage proc in ET, but the proc chance might be low, i don't know. Anyway i hope that i could help you.

I like the approach going for so much recharge. It certainly helps things chain more smoothly. Looking at the chains, I would probably recommend taking EP instead of BS. It has similar DPA and you could use it as a filler for when you have that small GAP. Currently, your gap appears to be ~0.9s, so if you wanted to fill in the gap with an attack instead of something else, you could use it there.

I know you're showing me your repeatable rotation, but if you're starting your chain while in Hide, I might recommend going with TF(hide)>AS>ET>Zapp>Gap>ET>AS. You won't be able to chain it since AS>TF>AS is not gapless, but you'll get more AS uptime (at a cost of not as much Assassins Focus uptime).

Anyways, if I ever give up on Cross Punch (which only feels like I can use it in the highest density of gameplay, like farms), I will likely re-approach my character to have these levels of recharge and tighten up my rotations more. Thanks for sharing, I will likely use this as a template when I start my 2nd build.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Troo said:

Energy Melee/Electric Armor/Soul Mastery is tempting.

Cramming as many fast version Energy Transfers and Assassin's Strikes into a 10 second window is of course a goal.

A sustained attack chain outside that really could hinge on how often hide can trigger.  (for fET & 120.48 heal on self after 0.10s delay Only if hidden)

ET with a hide proc?

If you're looking to be ST focused only, Soul is a great way to go. Shadow Meld can give you a huge Alpha Strike protect even in situations where enemies have heavy def debuffs or to-hit debuffs. Plus the -ToHit and exotic damage type of Moonbeam is great. However it's hard for me to lose out on Ball Lightning as an AoE.

Here's the variation I am using for EM/EA/Elec. 151.3% global recharge. Uses Adrenal booster with near 50% uptime for extra damage, recharge, and stun duration. Under adrenal booster and SG base buff you get to +288.93% global recharge, just shy of hitting the recharge cap with enhancement value for many powers. Experimental Injection is a nice utility perk that you can tag an ally with for permanent mez protection/regen/recov on a 40 sec recharge with 60 duration.  Double procs in ball lightning with zero enhanced recharge for max proc chance. Alternate slotting for Energy Punch is swappable that uses 3 slots of Overwhelming force (+12% regen, +3% dmg, -5% recharge) that allows you to move 2 slots elsewhere (powercrash (gladiators fury), buildup, stamina, tough)

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Level 50 Mutation Stalker
Power Pool: Experimentation

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(15), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(3)
Level 2: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3)
Level 4: Power Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(5), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Rct-Def/Rchg(7), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Rct-ResDam%(9)
Level 6: Assassin's Strike -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(13)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Kinetic Dampening -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(48)
Level 18: Power Crash -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dam%(19), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(21)
Level 20: Speed of Sound -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 22: Experimental Injection -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(23), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(25), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(25)
Level 24: Adrenal Booster -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(31), AdjTrg-Rchg(31), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(45), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 26: Energy Transfer -- SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(29), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(31)
Level 30: Boxing -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(34), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(45), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(46), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(48)
Level 32: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Hct-Acc/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Dam%(34), TchofDth-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 38: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(40), Apc-Dam%(43)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(42), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dam%(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46)
Level 44: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 49: Electric Shackles -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(17), Pnc-Heal(37), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(40), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(43)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A)
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
Level 0: Frenzy 
------------

Edited by DreadShinobi

Currently on fire.

After another week of playing and tweaking, I updated the OP with my current build. Bottom line, removed Cross Punch and Kick, added Tactics and Mu Bolts. Also Proc'd out Power Crash and Ball Lightning to make up for the loss of Cross Punch (although CP wasn't exactly shining in AoE anyways).

• 2 weeks later
24 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

The chance for build up is definitely not the Power only.   I have it in a ST power but it most commonly triggers when I fire my AOE stuff.  

The chance for Hide is Slotted power only.  

Absolutely, the learning of the BU proc was a good lesson on my first stalker. Using Ball Lightning and Power Crash in x8 content has been great, I often get 2 BUs going at once.

Edited by Bopper

On 2/28/2021 at 7:56 PM, Bopper said:

After another week of playing and tweaking, I updated the OP with my current build. Bottom line, removed Cross Punch and Kick, added Tactics and Mu Bolts. Also Proc'd out Power Crash and Ball Lightning to make up for the loss of Cross Punch (although CP wasn't exactly shining in AoE anyways).

Glad to see others see the value of taking Mu Bolts as a "when you just can't melee" filler and as an exotic (for a Stalker) IO slotting location.  

Hitting a CJ hop>Mu Bolt as you close in on a target is better than just doing nothing and its better than chasing down a runner with a sliver of health or wasting your Zapp.  

• Like 1