Team Buffs - diminishing returns

Troo

I am against doing this, because of the shear havoc it would play on the current balance of the game. Good or bad, it has a balance, and we're used to it. Small changes here and there are good, wholesale destruction, not so much.

But, if it were going to happen, I'd like to see buffs from all sources, self buffs, enhancement bonuses, IO set bonuses, everything, obey a root-sum-of-squares law. A complete replacement of ED and extension of the principle to everywhere. While we're at it, fix the combat system to use differentiable asymptotic probability functions for hit checks.

And I'd like a pony for a travel power.

Edit: Oh yeah, might be worth a look at modernizing the purple patch too.

Edited by Andreah
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Andreah said:

And I'd like a pony for a travel power.

This should definitely matriculate to the top of a list somewhere!

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

5 hours ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

Experience points naturally decay over time, so you have to constantly earn or else you de-level.  Logging out only slows it down to 1/10th the decay speed.  But, at the same time, every person you team with has a random chance to end up siphoning the Experience points you lose . . . you just don't know unless they say so.

This could curb the alt-ism some of us suffer. The idea that teaming reverses the effect somehow.. Guinness!!

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 2/21/2021 at 1:13 PM, ScarySai said:

Words can't describe how awful this would be.

But damn it, we're gonna try!  😀

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝