Brutes vs Blasters? No, really....

Snarky

I took your comments into context and I did note that melee is disadvantaged overall in the very quote you quoted me on no? 😃

Oh the L2R comment, that escalated quickly...

What's next? using big words like "drivel?"

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

C'mon, don't forum PvP. BM -is- that one fight in the game where meleers are hindered. And even then someone who knows how to deal with it can keep things going (except when someone rolls a Brute to do melee damage and then has agro on her).

The other 99.99.99% of the game have nothing in particular hindering meleers except that one fight.

CoH is the only game I play in melee because it's so easy and no BS mechanics are present to hinder me. Playing in GW2 it's good luck discovering when the mobs will do an PbAoE when they don't do a ground telegraph and instead it's an animation telegraph such as pointing a finger at the sky. Good luck seeing that with the mob covered in dozens of different particle effects! And that's not counting the spam of abilities who does KD or CC as a setup for those PbAoEs.

Or WoW when meleers need to bounce in and out of telegraphs all the time and are unable to do damage while this happens.

In CoH meleers tend to have self healing and be resilient enough to eat damage and their anti CC toggles makes them immune to most. Holds? Knockbacks? That's something squishies worry about. A meleer may not even be aware such things exist after level 10 or so.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

C'mon, don't forum PvP. BM -is- that one fight in the game where meleers are hindered. And even then someone who knows how to deal with it can keep things going (except when someone rolls a Brute to do melee damage and then has agro on her).

The other 99.99.99% of the game have nothing in particular hindering meleers except that one fight.

CoH is the only game I play in melee because it's so easy and no BS mechanics are present to hinder me. Playing in GW2 it's good luck discovering when the mobs will do an PbAoE when they don't do a ground telegraph and instead it's an animation telegraph such as pointing a finger at the sky. Good luck seeing that with the mob covered in dozens of different particle effects! And that's not counting the spam of abilities who does KD or CC as a setup for those PbAoEs.

Or WoW when meleers need to bounce in and out of telegraphs all the time and are unable to do damage while this happens.

In CoH meleers tend to have self healing and be resilient enough to eat damage and their anti CC toggles makes them immune to most. Holds? Knockbacks? That's something squishies worry about. A meleer may not even be aware such things exist after level 10 or so.

this is why i Brute

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

To be fair, it's four fights in the game. :P  Battle Maiden in the Apex TF, Malaise in the Minds of Mayhem Trial, Mother Malaise in the Minds of Mayhem Trial, and Tyrant in the Magisterium Trial. 

13 hours ago, Apparition said:

To be fair, it's four fights in the game. 😛 Battle Maiden in the Apex TF, Malaise in the Minds of Mayhem Trial, Mother Malaise in the Minds of Mayhem Trial, and Tyrant in the Magisterium Trial. 

My Dark/Dark Brute does fine in Minds of Mayhem.  Like, hilariously easy.