1 Plant/Cold controller

1 Earth/Storm controller

1 Emp/Fire defender

1 Emp/Sonic defender

1 Emp/Electric defender

1 Elec/Fire blaster

1 Claws/SR scrapper

1 Cold/Ice defender

All running at least Tactics and Assault except the blaster.  Breakfrees unneeded 🤪

14 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

Crap, now you've given me an idea for a new AE mission.

I've been up against an AE mission on Live which featured a bunch of Green Machines sg leaders and players characters.  The only thing I'll say is thank all the cosmos this was pre IO (iirc, this was right after AE came out and everyone was having fun with creating missions) and more importantly I don't believe we ever fought more than 3 or 4 at a time.

I've also ran into a redside mission that had a "doppleganger" group of the team ... and this was vs the redside equivalent of GM.  That was about level 25 or so and that was plenty brutal without nukes or AB.

• Like 1

If my alts formed a team, I'd have at least two leagues...

I could do a team of "the various alt-universe versions of one character," though not all of them are here. So...

elec/elec blaster

elec/elec sentinel

elec/elec brute

Merc/storm MM

Dark/therm Corr

Elec/elec dom

PB

Arch/TA Corr

Or, a different character:

Fire/SS tank

SS/Fire brute

SS/DA brute

DA/SS Tank

SS/Rad brute

EnM/Fire Brute

... which might get boring.

Bringing a core over from another SG:

Warshade

Ice/Ice Sent

Nin/Pain MM

Plant/Energy Dom

Rad/Inv Sent

Beam/Pain Corr

With a TW/WP Brute and Dark/Elec Def guest starring.

Hmm. Could go control heavy - the "Do you mind?" team:

Mind/Fire Dom

Mind/Time Troller

Mind/FF Troller

Mind/Pain Troller

Ill/Poison Troller

Mind/Savage Dom

Mind/Sonic Troller

And psi/wp Stalker, just for fun.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Em/Bio scrapper

Claws/En scrapper

claws/nin scrapper

dark/shield brute

Em/Bio stalker

Elec/elec controller

fire/dark controller

dark/staff tanker

My elec / elec controller wiped a posi 1 group when it was new. We started the fight, and then nobody had any endurance left to fight with pretty much right away, was pretty funny. We had to regroup and start again this time everyone focusing my doppleganger from the get go. 

I just realized my team would be a pain to fight, because everyone of those guys is healing. Self healing, or team healing lol. 

On 2/27/2021 at 4:01 PM, Rokkeb said:

<thread related stuff>

I just realized my team would be a pain to fight, because everyone of those guys is healing. Self healing, or team healing lol. 

Yep part of why the set of alts I listed above would get tough --> high defense (70+) high resistances stacked on top of at or near hard capped amounts of regeneration (2000+%) across the entire team.

Edited by Doomguide2005

Sticking with HC only (nothing from live)

Defender: Nature/Ice 
MM: Demon/Cold
Corr: Water/Thermal
Def: Time/Fire
Def: Kin/Sonic
Blaster: Fire/Plant
Stalker: Fire/Rad
Def: Sonic/DP

The challenge for this exercise was in not considering sets and incarnates.  By now it's hard to think of how these characters would play without those.  My Time wouldn't have perma chrono shift for example, which would make her significantly less effective.

Nevertheless, with Cold shields, Farsight and Maneuvers this team is easily soft-capped for most all defenses.  Resists are hard capped.  Nature adds a power boosted+Aborb for an additional layer of mitigation.  Passive mez protection comes from Sonic.  Kin/Sonic is Kin/Sonic.  The blaster and stalker provided corpses.

If we were to consider sets and incarnates I'm sure this would end up being some mix of blasters and stalkers, with maybe a scrapper or brute thrown in.

Strongly considered but didn't quite make the cut:
Def: Poison/Rad
Corr: Arch/Cold
Def: Cold/Sonic
A couple of Doms, a couple of tanks.

Taking the first 8 after my weapon of mass destruction blaster would leave

Dual blade/Electric armor Brute 

Street Justice/Super reflexes Stalker 

Sonic/Pain Corrupter 

Dark/Dark Defender

Kinetic/Regen Scrapper

Electric/Fire Tank

Beam/Radiation Sentinel

Triform Peacebringer

AI would do better with my bunch that I probably could.  I tend to make everything a blaster despite archetype, for example my electric/fire tank is just a blaster with no range, Sentinel is a blaster with an inferiority complex, Corrupter is a blaster that can heal.

• Haha 1

I have 8 50s excluding my main, and it's just a wall of meat and damage.

Stone Melee/Regeneration Brute

Kinetics/Electric Blast Defender

Broad Sword/Shield Defense Scrapper

Ice Armor/Savage Melee Tanker

Dual Pistols/Martial Combat Blaster

Dark Melee/Radiation Armor Scrapper

Staff Fighting/Super Reflexes Scrapper

Fire Blast/Atomic Manipulation Blaster

Quite a tough comp on paper. The tanker can taunt, so you have to take them down first, which leaves the Kin to buff the group's damage. Then you have to worry about getting every debuff in the book from the Dark/Rad and the end drain from the elec blast. Any squishy in your team is pretty much done for thanks to all the AoE damage.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Taking my three Homecoming 50s and rounding out the team, we get:

Elec/elec blaster

Mind/psi dominator

Bots/FF mastermind

Ice/cold controller

Db/sr stalker

Kin/en scrapper

Elec/elec tanker

Psy/emp corruptor

Very high defense between cold shields, force bubbles, Fortitude, and a couple Maneuvers floating around, and the scrapper and stalker are already defense-heavy. The tank would be nigh unkillable between the defense, elec's high resists and Energize, and having an emp on the team. Endurance would quickly become an issue with with Power Sink ×2, Short Circuit, Heat Loss, Energy Drain, and Drain Psyche, plus other electric attacks (and I even left the elec/elec dom off!). There's also slows flying around from Ice/cold and psy blast, and having fought Harbinger on a melee toon a couple times the last week, I know how fun those can be.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Back on Live some time after AE first went live, but before the player base really sunk into IO's, I put together an arc that was designed around being an SG "intro" for new members. My initial testing has it play out that the player would be working a case that would overlap with running into the SG leader (me), but initially in opposition so they'd have to try and fight the leader. The character was a Fire/FF Controller, and I'd dropped standard powers into the AE build to keep it as "real" as possible.

The character was bloody untouchable and trying to fight him and the surrounding spawn was an impossible task between +30% Defense and Force Bubble playing shuffle board through hallways, and so few things in the game actually have Repel Resistance/Protection. As such, I'm very self aware out how much Force Fields ironically screws with players when its in full force on the opposing side of the fence.

I struggle to think what I'd consider the optimal mix of characters, but this is probably what I'm envisioning:

Rad/SS Tanker

Ice/Atomic Blaster

Storm/Energy Defender

RM/DA Scrapper

TA/A Defender

DP/Cold Corr

Demon/ElecAff MM

TW/Regen Scrapper

What's most amusing to me about this list is what the characters themselves actually are that I didn't realize I had been doing until much later on. Four of them are ghosts/unliving/embodiment, one is a vampire, one is a sentient sword, one is a remotely controlled android, and the last one is a schizophrenic speedster and the only one technically "living." 

Won't count my main and namesake, EM/Regen currently and the different versions of her.  Also, since I have more than 8 alts made, I'll just pick 8.  So...

Fox-Fire: Ice/Fire/Arctic Mutant Brute

ColdSpark: Electric/Storm/Ice Tech Troller

Catacombs: Necro/Time/Soul Mutant Mastermind

Legend: Shield/Rad/Soul Natural Tanker (Been thinking of rerolling to Shield/EM/Soul)

Wet Dream: Water/Time/Leviathan Mutant Corruptor

Bad Beat: Archery/Tactical/Force Mutant Blaster

Rave Spider: Electric/Bio/Mu Mutant Stalker

Security: Petless Crab Build Tech Soldier

Wow...this makes me realize all my 50 Scrappers have been versions of my main 😛

Everyone of them has Maneuvers (and I believe Assault).  All except the Stalker has some form of team +ToHit (and Necro has Farsight and Tactics).  Lots of high/capped S/L Resist.  Could be nasty. O.O

Edited by BrandX

Quite a few of these if run by an AI anywhere near player quality capability would be basically untouchable as end game AV groups.  At best a stalemate might happen.  To have a chance against some of these groups you'd have to separate and defeat individual targets or forget about winning.  On the other hand I see a few groups where stacked Tactics/To Hit buffs are going to shred the other sides defenses.  If your defenses aren't enough to make Rularuu Eyeballs miss like crazy you may as well not have defenses.  Hope your resistance and regen can handle the incoming dps that can get generated by 8 players in today's endgame.

Dark/Time Controller

Bots/FF Mastermind

2 Fortunatas

Huntsman Spider

Dark/Atomic Blaster

Warshade

Necro/Dark Mastermind

The MMs and spiders all have at least 4 buff auras each.  All are intentionally overbuilt on acc/tohit to account for debuffs, and everyone but the Necro and Warshade have softcapped defenses before outside buffs.  You would not be hitting.  They would not be missing.

Well, load them into the AE as NPCs and get a group shot!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Mine would be a bunch of tankers laughing at each other yelling DIDNT HURT or THATS THE BEST YA GOT. 

With my stalkers going around stabbing them in the back then running off laughing maniacal like while my Scrappers are one of the scenes from DBZ where literally thousands of punches and kicks are exchanged and nobody gets hurt.

3 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Dark/Time Controller

Bots/FF Mastermind

2 Fortunatas

Huntsman Spider

Dark/Atomic Blaster

Warshade

Necro/Dark Mastermind

The MMs and spiders all have at least 4 buff auras each.  All are intentionally overbuilt on acc/tohit to account for debuffs, and everyone but the Necro and Warshade have softcapped defenses before outside buffs.  You would not be hitting.  They would not be missing.

See my post above.  Soft cap defense even incarnate (i.e. 59%) is meaningless against many of the groups above with their To Hit buffs in the triple digits ... they'll blow through it like it's not there and that's before considering things like Aim, BU, procs like Gaussians, Power Boost, PBU, or similar buffs. 

So the question in general becomes what are those defense values after the team buffs are up?  Could 'your' team hit 'AV you'?  If the answer is yes then can 'you' handle the incoming damage via non-defense mitigation. 

In my case well I can manage about 120% defense in buffs 24-7 (the SR scrapper being notably higher sitting around 170%).   I'm going to overwhelm myself as AVs as far as defense is concerned as my To Hit Buffs are pushing 220% for most of the team.  Depends on how many Fortitude each Empath is buffing and how often I'm able to PB or PBU those Fortitude.  220% assumes 3 Fortitudes on a teammate but no boosting via PB, PBU or Soul Drain etc..  My edge is going to be the massive Regeneration the group and especially the Empaths will have.  It's reached (and beyond) the hard caps for defenders on those Emps at over 2000% (2000% being the limit).  And team wide you're dealing with Regen at and exceeding IH levels (+~1500% to ~2250%).  If debuffs apply before you consider the limits you need to strip ~250% to upwards of 1000% when the 3rd Aura is in effect just to get an actual debuff on the Empaths.  And none of the above takes into account Incarnate Abilities (or inspires etc.), or for that matter the Empaths actually using HA and HO.

This is one case where buffs have a huge edge over debuffs especially if against, as mentioned by the OP, these are endgame AV versions of us (resistance against buffs n/a, resistance vs debuffs ~85% + purple patch effects +/- individual effect resistances).

Those 8 Doms (@oedipus_tex) would worry me.  A bunch of perma Doms stacking tons of holds will shut those Empaths down (even through PToD) or leave them spamming Clear Mind at the expense of using their other buffs which means something risks breaking elsewhere with a missed buff.  Everyone else I'm thinking is trying to doing a massive damage spike vs an Empath in hopes of overwhelming that regen ... then again 'foes' don't benefit from the one shot rule but players also don't have 30,000 hp getting effected by IH levels of regeneration.  I'm not sure which is worse.

19 hours ago, Darmian said:

Well, load them into the AE as NPCs and get a group shot!

Ha! Easier said than done when you are a crazy completist, and super rusty with AE, but challenge accepted!

screenshot_210304-01-36-09.thumb.jpg.d1e68097aac828865ead8c775892e8a0.jpg

I played with settings for awhile, but I couldn't get a group to just spawn the eight AV bosses in group (almost always a duplicate or two), but the line-up is:

Plant/Fire Dom

Storm/Elec Def

Plant/Storm Con

Ice/Emp Cor (supposed to be water/emp, but no water blast in AE!?)

Beast/Cold MM

FIre/Plant Blaster

Elec/Storm Con

Fire/Fire Scrap

Here's some of the delightful chaos:

Thanks for the fun idea!

screenshot_210304-01-42-18.jpg

screenshot_210304-01-42-19_1.jpg

screenshot_210304-01-42-22.jpg

screenshot_210304-01-42-23_1.jpg

Edited by RebornRose
  • Like 3

A very long time ago during the original game I posted in the suggestion threads about an idea I had for post 50 content: the ability to form squads composed of your alts and a UI to switch between them at will while playing as well as control other squad members in a manner similar to Masterminds. My idea was for every character you level up to 50 you gain the option to add them to a squad of up to 8 characters that may include other players' squad members. The game UI would need to be modified to allow you to switch between your squad members at will, replacing all the previous character's tray assignments/macros/etc. with the next one's. Squad members not under direct control would act like AI pets but you would have some control over them via the Mastermind type UI. The whole point of this was to introduce whole new ways to play and you could literally play the same mission so many different ways depending on the order in which you switch between your squad members.

I might try Team Stun (Side of Fear).

Bop Them on the Noodle:

Dark/Mace tank - Gorgar

Mace/Dark brute - Xiberia

Everything on its Ass:

Ill/Storm controller - Standing Horse

Earth/Storm controller - Silent Scream

Why Get Up, You Just Miss Anyway:

Dark/Sonic defender - Chord of Souls

Dark/Dark controller - Elysianne

Ill/Dark controller - Spectral Witch

Oh Right, Damage:

Fire/Kin corruptor - December Flower

Everyone but the corruptor has stuns.  Six of them have multiple stuns.  Along with the t9 controller pets there are two sets of Phantom Army, two sources of Tornado and Lightning Storm and three Dark Servants.  That's a lot of incoming stun and to-hit debuff, plus four sources of fear.  Plus a lot of self and group heal and rez to deal with if you fight the group together.  I think it would be a long, annoying fight.

Roster:

Plant/Fire Dominator (Blightfire)

Demon/Dark Mastermind (Zahora)

Titan/Bio Scrapper (Crusader's Heart)

Fire/Devices Blaster (Speedtech)

Arachnos Widow [Fortunata Hybrid] (Talavera)

Arachnos Soldier [Huntsman] (Misgivings)

Kinetic Melee/Energy Stalker (Synthwaves)

Dual Blades/Energy Stalker (Synthblades)

Honestly doesn't sound that scary, once you get past the stacked Arachnos leadership + Mastermind debuffs it's mostly just raw damage that folds pretty fast. 

Edited by Machariel

I sort of feel like every player kind of imagines their entire squad of heroes being one faction, and any redsiders they have being another faction, and somewhere in the back of their head, is a plan drifting for a Final Showdown.  I certainly do, anyway. 

I'd love to have missions where you're solo, but the game looks through YOUR CHARACTER ROSTER, and picks 2-3 allies to be NPC controlled during the mission., and be facing some a lineup of either standard NPC villians, OR, an option to have the game look through YOUR CHARACTER ROSTER, and pick 3-4 opponents of a different faction.  (Heroes fighting Heroes could be done I suppose, but seems more logical for Heroes vs Villains or Praetorians).

It wouldn't be able to do the banter / trashtalking right though, since the game can never know the personality that my headcanon has for each character.

• Like 1