Logging out in one zone, logging in somewhere else

nihilii

Has anyone ever had that happen? I logged out my level 34 villain Scrapper in Nerva yesterday, at the door of a newspaper mission. Today I find him at the sub near Lord MayhemMission in the north of Port Oakes. Nobody else has my account, nor would they have any reason to randomly go to that spot in Port Oakes. Nothing else is changed about the character.

Edited by nihilii

2 hours ago, Techwright said:

when I log out at the Cosmic Platform, which I gather we're not permitted to reside in

You don't stay in a base when you log out; you're deposited at the base portal of the zone you entered the base from. This is one reason why the Monitor Duty day job icon appears when you are close to a base portal, not when you are in a base, despite the description "log out in your base to earn progress towards this badge"; you just have to be near a base portal.

13 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

You don't stay in a base when you log out; you're deposited at the base portal of the zone you entered the base from. This is one reason why the Monitor Duty day job icon appears when you are close to a base portal, not when you are in a base, despite the description "log out in your base to earn progress towards this badge"; you just have to be near a base portal.

oh, yeah.  I tend to forget the Cosmic Portal is technically a base.

Could be that there was a glitch in your character or the location when you logged out and it reset your position.  While it hasn't happened to me, I have read that it has happened to others.

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it happens frequently - then I would send a petition to the CoX gods