A (small?) tweak that could make a big difference?

Okay so hear me out. Hopefully I'm not severely underestimating just how difficult this idea would be, but

"Head Detail 1," in the costume creator, that includes stuff like horns / glasses / crowns and such? Just add a duplicate of that slot so a player can equip both horns AND sunglasses. Or two pairs of horns which would cause clipping but that's their prerogative.

Seeing as this game's level of customization is one of the biggest reasons I'm here and becomes a time sink when I make a new character, I'm all for it.

That said, not sure that's a feasible change. Might be right up there with allowing different gloves. Both suggestions I like, but won't hold my breath for.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Can't you do something like this with the helmets option?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Not sure I'd qualify that as a "big difference."

More importantly (and I'm going from memory here): apparently the CoH engine is only capable of supporting so many "nodes" (points of customization) on a given character. The last one added (the separate slot for tails - they used to be grouped with belts) put things at or very close to that limit. I don't remember the original devs ever giving specific numbers, but Castle (I think) implied that the number of new nodes that could ever be added in the future without involving massive changes to the game engine was somewhere between zero and two.

Given that, I think things like asymmetric gloves/hands/shoulders or cape/back insignias would be higher on most people's priority list than "a second node that has literally the same options as one we already have so I have two of them at once" -- and if we're going to do that, I vote we do it with auras instead.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)