Some buff ideas for mercenaries.

PsychoThruster

On 3/19/2021 at 5:40 AM, kelika2 said:

I remember awhile back one of the devs said they are looking at enemy resistances across the board.  assuming lethal damage gets less resisted that might be enough of a bump.

Thugs also do lethal damage and they're most likely our highest damage primary.

Merc damage is really really bad and quite easy to fix if the devs wish to. Like others said, you can literally just increase the damage of all their powers, across the board, by at least 50%, and you'd still be roughly middle of the pack. Even with all the MM tricks to slot procs in them, they still suck. In my MM damage spreadsheet all the primaries perform reasonably close to each other, within 10-15%, except for mercs and bots. Bots at least have the AoE patch damage stacking and protector bot bubbles, mercs just have nothing.

Edited by BGSacho
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A minor suggestion... make the Medic's heal a small AoE.  It doesn't need to be a big ol' 25 footer... just something like 8 to 10 feet.  Or even have it heal the target for the full amount, and any Merc in the AoE for half that amount.

Also, bump up the Defense Debuff from 3.75 to an even 5.  Again, it doesn't have to be a drastic change.

Big picture... give the set something unique, something that will draw players to set.  Something that the other pets don't have.  

Edited by Mack008

The fact that the dire state of Merc MMs is so glaringly obvious and well mentioned and reported, and the fact that the current Beta patch does only a small modification to Full Auto on Mercs, suggests to me that a Masterminds may well be the next (or at least near the top) on the list for a major revamp. It makes sense to do a small stopgap change here when addressing Full Auto acorss all archetypes, and saving the real major work on MM sets for the dedicated MM revamp patch coming soon to Issue 27.x/Issue 28....
Possibly wishful thinking, but the devs don't rush things and risk making a broken mess (looks sideways at some 'other' servers...) and it kinda makes sense.

I hope.