Your very own Incarnate Trial

Crasical

Inspired by https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/26664-if-your-alts-formed-a-team/ here's a hypothetical: What if, instead of your alts forming a team (like the end of the LRSF vs. the freedom phalanx); your main got an ITrial dedicated to them? Think of the fight against Anti-Matter, the unique mechanics of the orbital laser, disintigration, time stop, entanglement, and so forth. What sort of unique powers would your character possess?

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

Oh man, that's rude but potentially hilarious. Confuse the tank so that his taunt aura suddenly affects the league and everyone near him suddenly starts pummeling him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

32 minutes ago, Crasical said:

Oh man, that's rude but potentially hilarious. Confuse the tank so that his taunt aura suddenly affects the league and everyone near him suddenly starts pummeling him.

I say this as someone who likes to tank...

I can think of maybe two enemy encounters with anti-tanking mechanics whereas debuffs scale down, mezz protection is widespread and ranged attacks are almist exclusively less impactful than melee... so anything that adds variety to playing as a tank would be nice.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Incoming damage and debuff reflection back onto random members of the league. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

A -recovery debuff. When it wears off, the boss gains a stacking buff for each player with the debuff near another player, then it's applied to as many players as the boss has stacks +1. For each stack, the boss gets bonus damage, and all players and pets have their max endurance lowered. If the boss reaches 20 stacks, she gains (and keeps, even if the stacks fall off) a lightning storm power that deals massive damage to all targets.

Hospital rezzes are disabled; dead players are instead offered the chance to rez in exchange for granting the boss a stack of her buff. If everyone's dead, the trial fails.

I deliberately left numbers out of this post; they'd have to be tweaked for balance. The idea is it's easy enough to keep under control, but it will quickly snowball if not.

Socially Distanced badge for never letting the boss getting the buff.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

If this TF would be anything like fighting your clones at the end of Posi 1, things really get going when the Trick Arrow team member fires a -Perception debuff into the crowd. I've rarely lost a Posi 1, but TA enemies with Flash Arrow have created some hilarious team wipes.  

To accurately represent my main, her big trick would be a debuff that suddenly reverses the team's controls, causing them to move in completely the wrong direction and crash into a wall.  (I admit, more of a PEBCAK issue than my poor main's fault.)  The big spectacular damage attack would be a Rise of the Phoenix-alike.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!