How to Make Millions on the Market in Minutes

Robotech_Master

I've been making money off the market through ticket farms for a bit. Doing what you've described here didn't occur to me, I'd never used enhancement converters before. So I tried this with about 4k tickets last night after some runs. I now have 1.5 sets of Obliteration at 50, and made about 15 mil with 10 more mill selling, all for 4k tickets and maybe 5 mil in converters and crafting salvage.

I'm a believer, been trying to get those Oblits and was not prepared to pay the going price.

Hey, great! Just remember what I say in the guide--if you think you're going to want to Attune those Oblits, you would be better off to sell the ones you made for the going rate, then pay the going rate for Obliterations off the "Attuned" category in the Consignment Market.

• Like 1

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

• City Council

I don’t know whether this state of affairs will last, or whether the devs will eventually get around to nerfing it somehow..

Just my personal opinion, not the official stance of the team: I think it's unlikely we'll make any changes to the way this works. It's all designed to keep prices down for everyone whilst also allowing drops at any level to have some value.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Thank you for this guide!

Can I ask why you focus on level 31 or 41 specifically?

I thought I'd explained that in the guide, but maybe it wasn't clear enough.

If you go to the set IOs page on ParagonWiki that I link to from the guide, you'll see that there are a lot of sets that top out at level 30 or 40. Which means that levels starting at 31 or 41 are high enough not to have the possibility of converting into something from one of those sets. Fewer sets available at a given level means there are fewer things that your random conversion might randomly convert into.

As I say, there are a number of set categories where only two sets exist between level 31 and 50--an uncommon set and a rare set. This means that any time you convert out-of-set, in-category from one of those uncommons, it can only turn into a rare--which you can then convert out-of-set, in-rarity for just one converter, getting a random other rare that could be worth considerably more.

For those categories, anything between 31 and 50 would work, but I suggest 31 because it has the lowest crafting costs out of the entire range, or 41 because it is the lowest-crafting-cost end of the 41-50 range that reduces the number of sets that a rare could convert into (and, also, level 41 uses a different set of salvage from level 31 recipes, so if you filled up on stuff from your level-50 adventuring, that's a way to get rid of some of it usefully rather than just dragging it onto the auctionhouse). Remember, since the market uses "bucketing," it really doesn't matter what level you craft and sell--it'll always turn into whatever level the other person wants to buy.

• Like 1

GAH!

Just spent 20 mill on enhancement converters...

Pro tip: make sure you count the zeros before you bid. Enhancement converters ORDINARILY go for about 100k a pop).

I've spent 20 million on Enhancement converters myself, at 100k each, but I guess that's not what you did. :)

(My own usual goof is to forget to change the numbers after I buy some rare salvage, and then buy 10 Luck Charms or something for 500,000 each...)

• Like 1

GAH!

Just spent 20 mill on enhancement converters...

Pro tip: make sure you count the zeros before you bid. Enhancement converters ORDINARILY go for about 100k a pop).

Ha, don't feel bad.  The other night, I managed to spend 140 million on 14 stacks of converters.  126 million down the tubes, but at least someone got an early Christmas present.  And hey, sometimes painful lessons are the best ones.

Always, always, double check your digits before you go on a rapid fire buying spree.  And maybe avoid marketeering while intoxicated :P

Your guide is spot on. I just went from slightly over 1 million influence to 56 million is less than an afternoon. For whatever reason Enhancement boosters on Everlasting were selling for ridiculous amounts on the Auction House.

Thank you for posting this!

• 2 weeks later

By the way, with the help from this guide and inspiration from Shinobu, I got myself from pretty much zero to about 250 million in a weekend of casual "hop in game once every few hours" crafting and marketeering. Thanks!

I'm out.

well I have seen things I was converting and selling for 10 mil easy prior to this guide drop to only 3 to 4 mil now, I think the big wins on this method have dried up since more and more folks have caught on. Hoping we don't see massive inflation soon. I kinda like the cheaper prices on things atm. yeah i make less per sell now, but volume makes up for it and things are more affordable for everyone.

Wow!  I've never played CoX until about 2.5 months ago!  This guide (and the ones listed at the end of the original post) has answered two of the most important questions I've had since I learned about farming in CoX!

1) What is the best archetype for farming?

The player

2) What is the best mission to farm?

Auction House

Min players: 1

Level: 1-50

Yay!

• Haha 2

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

3 hours ago, Display Name said:

Wow!  I've never played CoX until about 2.5 months ago!  This guide (and the ones listed at the end of the original post) has answered two of the most important questions I've had since I learned about farming in CoX!

1) What is the best archetype for farming?

The player

2) What is the best mission to farm?

Auction House

Min players: 1

Level: 1-50

Yay!

Certainly from an Influence standpoint, yes...

To be fair, you can't level from the AH

• Haha 2

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

To be fair, as I say toward the end of the guide, there's nothing wrong with farming, if it's what you want to do. It's where all the money that fuels the conversion market comes from, and it can be reasonably lucrative if you're willing to put the time in. It's not even necessarily boring. It can be kind of zen, relaxing in a way, like a colorful screensaver with user participation. Spines/Fire and Rad/Fire Brutes are generally deemed the best farmer classes, but anything /Fire with decent AoE can do all right with the fire farms.

But Enhancement conversion does have the benefit that you can make a decent chunk of change while still having most of your time available to do other things like adventuring...or even farming as well if you feel like it. 🙂

• Like 3

Farming is not only where the money to fuel the conversion market comes from- its where all the fuel itself comes from- the yellow convertible recipes.

I for one as a main farmer over converter am a little disillusioned with getting lowballed on every recipe I list, so im at the point of just vendor trashing everything instead of spending my time listing it and it being sold for less than the vendor will give me. I dont mind the bulk of the profit margin going to the converter, but bidding 5k each on recipes makes it not worth my time to list them for you, so if I dont see the price of all the convertible sets come up to at least 25k+ im just not bothering to list them or white/yellow salvage anymore. My times better spent getting back to farming than dragging crap into the AH windows.

TLDR- stop being so damn cheap on bids for your recipes.

• Haha 1

The prices of things have mostly dried up, it's small margins on most things now.  The only thing I've seen hold it's price are LotGs and most of the defense and resist ones, it's not really worth trying to convert to only those though.  Converters have come down though, so if you're buying them I've seen them as low as 77k, so that helps the margins a bit.  I'm still making money, I think, but it's a lot more time to make much any more.  I'm thinking of taking up farming myself, but I can do marketing when I'm waiting for a team to fill out, especially after I bought the P2W crafting table.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Often times the recipes are really really cheap to buy, and the materials aren't too bad either.

All factors considered, you can often buy recipes at a low level, buy the materials, and sell the final result for a fair profit margin.

I made the mistake early on vendoring some recipes because they were selling for below vendor price on the AH

• 3 weeks later
On 5/29/2019 at 2:08 PM, Robotech_Master said:

Echo: Atlas Park, another recreation of a starting zone as it once was, and grab all the badges there for another 5 merits.

Does Echo: Atlas Park even have badges? And if it did wouldn't they be the same as Atlas Park proper?