One Wish Granted (COV/COH) (WWYW2021)

Troo

Give folks the options for tf requirements and regular content difficulty so that they can make the content as hard (or even easier if they choose to go the opposite direction) as they want. This would include an option to remove the aggro cap from a mission.

18 hours ago, Troo said:

If you could have one game related thing fixed, added, tweaked or changed.. What Would You Wish?

I don't want much, as I'm pretty happy playing with the game as is, but since you are granting wishes:

Can I please have some Enhancement sets which scale levels 10-50 (preferably Very Rare, but PVP would be accepted) for Fear and Taunt powers? With some specific suggestions:

Fear: I'd like to have the set include a %proc similar to Contagious Confusion, so that single-target fears can have the possibility of hitting multiple targets. Single target fears are IMO, not particularly useful so adding such a %proc would increase their utility across more content. Folks that like AoE Fears can also get utility from such a piece.

Taunt: While I like the set bonuses that come with Mocking Beratement, I feel like a Very Rare set that offers MOAR +HP, +Defenses and +Resists (not S/L) would offer MOAR synergy with the characters that choose to take Taunts and multi-slot them. Taunts can come at odd points in a build, some need accuracy, so a lvl 10-50 set would be appreciated.

If these are too much to ask for... I'd be happy with the Fear request being filled.

• Like 1

1. Fix the lfg queue. Sometimes I want to do something specific, but usually I just want to blast bad guys.
  2. More level 50 content. I love exemping, and don't weep about losing incarnate abilities, but sometimes I just want to play @50 with all the bits and bobs. Refitting existing TFs for max level is an interesting idea. A mob swap would even be an idea (Yin with carnies sounds like a blast)
  3. This is the tough one: Incentivize harder content. I can (and do) run TFs solo, or at +x/xX for giggles. It's more difficult to fill and find folks for these excursions because there's no "reason" to do so. I'd like to see a motivation to push our characters. +0/x0 Manticore is only entertaining so many times. That leads to speeding which leads to conflicts in teams/goals.
  • Like 1

Cimeroran versions of all the base NPCs.

All emotes available to AE NPCs are also available for base NPCs

Shiny stone floors and walls like the Chantry and arenas for bases

Make old story arcs like original Maria Jenkins and Tina Macintyre as normal content.  They're too long for Ouroboros.  And the new versions all have IDF and Neuron clockwork instead of the less monotonous original mobs. 

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I would say I have too many things I would like to have just "one wish".  I see everyone cramming multiple things into one wish, though, so what the heck. 😛

In no particular order of preference...

1) Character creation and levelling identical to the Beta server.

2) Animations (not animation TIMES, just the look of the animation, itself) able to be chosen from a dropdown menu for any power (where it makes sense, at least.  Firing sonic beams from dual pistols, shooting disentegration beams from gauntlets, and so on.  Also, the ablity to turn an animation off, if desired (again, where it makes logical sense).

3) All models/buildings/items/npc's in the game available for use in bases.

On the other hand, I can live without all of that stuff I listed, too, so whateves.  😁🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Grindingsucks said:

2) Animations (not animation TIMES, just the look of the animation, itself) able to be chosen from a dropdown menu for any power (where it makes sense, at least.  Firing sonic beams from dual pistols, shooting disentegration beams from gauntlets, and so on.  Also, the ablity to turn an animation off, if desired (again, where it makes logical sense).

Ditto this, if the tech was able to do it where we could just match a whole bracket of animations, like a Sword Slash to shoot a Fire Blast, use Power Bolt's animation to fire Bullets from your fists, etc, it'd be amazing.

• Like 3

I'd like to see Rage reworked so it gives a balance of costs/benefits that doesn't make for clunky gameplay. Currently the -Def and -End on crash makes it annoying, especially with high levels of recharge. Conversely, double stacking and the +ToHit make it incredibly powerful.

There are so many good suggestions on how to do this, I'm reluctant to add more to the mix. Just make it thematic, effective and fun.

• Like 3

More customization for weapons and pets.

I want the Resistance Pulse Rilfe for both my beam rifle characters, and my Bots/ MMs.

I want the sky raiders FFG as an option for the /traps. Make it unlockable from a badge or something, but please gimme that cool looking hovering generator.

Customization for pets in general, at the bare minimum let us color them. Having the same ''Dull metal gray" for the robots, or the "I'm in old style Fatigues" that the Mercs have is just boring, especially when you face the MM pets as Shadows/clones/AE stuff. I also wanna color my laser blast for my pulse rifle.. please?

• Like 1

This is going to seem stupid.

I am irked by the way the game down-levels content. I appreciate that it's a very clever system and it's also the fairest way of making out-levelled content doable.

But I find that losing powers that I've earnt is really frustrating - especially at Incarnate level where I have an amazing AoE power and can't use it in much content. Hah! Joke's on me!

So my wish would be to keep all powers but downscale their effects. Ofc, that means having Veteran players that can AoE a lot more than other players at that level - which is an additional problem to be worked out... hmm...

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herotu said:

I am irked by the way the game down-levels content. I appreciate that it's a very clever system and it's also the fairest way of making out-levelled content doable.

But I find that losing powers that I've earnt is really frustrating - especially at Incarnate level where I have an amazing AoE power and can't use it in much content. Hah! Joke's on me!

So my wish would be to keep all powers but downscale their effects. Ofc, that means having Veteran players that can AoE a lot more than other players at that level - which is an additional problem to be worked out... hmm...

Locking out judgement is good for the game

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Ditto this, if the tech was able to do it where we could just match a whole bracket of animations, like a Sword Slash to shoot a Fire Blast, use Power Bolt's animation to fire Bullets from your fists, etc, it'd be amazing.

I wanted something like this but a lot less involved. Give each power an origin related animation or at the very least give all the pool powers one. It is annoying that my magical origin Mastermind pulls out a tricorder to heal her pets.

2 hours ago, Herotu said:

I really want to say something Snarky.

I probably shouldn't say anything.

No.  Just no.

Crap, not doing it.   The idea of reducing down in power to match a team or Task Force is to actually match them.  the game does that well.  AND you are already a crapton more powerful.  Rather than have a Judgement Power in a random Synapse TF you join...you have TONS more enhancers in your powers than your teammates and a GIANT inspiration tray.

If you like to run a real 50 (and I do!!!) Join LGTF, RSF, MLTF, ITF, Market Crash, Level 50 door teams, AE teams needing hitteers, certain arcs that run constantly that are 45+...start your own door teams and carry some levellers....the list, while not endless,,,it is not small.  Rikti muthashipraids....i will keep adding...maybe...there is a lot!

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 3

On 3/8/2021 at 7:14 AM, nihilii said:

Rebalance of XP/inf/droprate given per mob on a case-by-case basis, according to their difficulty.

For true pie-in-the-sky dream, add an automatic weekly rebalance based on what content the playerbase is running as a whole. i.e. if 1 billion council mobs have been killed this week and only 1 million rularuu, rularuu rewards would increase.

Rationale? This would give incentive to experience all the content. With some dynamic aspect to what content you're going to run on any particular day, too. The introduction of weekly TFs was IMHO the best feature of the game. To this day you can see it's a powerful motivator to get people to run that content, without harmstringing other activities either. So I would go further in that direction.

This sounds pie-in-the-sky... but back in the 90s, I played (and dev'd briefly) on a MUD that did exactly this.  It worked, too.

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Guess I'm just simple in my wants compared to a lot of folks here, but I think it'd be asking too much of a volunteer team of devs to do some of these suggestions. Mine are this:

1. Port the MB version from Sent SR to all ATs, and while we're at it, add in SD as well with the DDR double stack values as inherent for that set.

2. Round-file the Sent opportunity inherent completely as it stands. Make it a Fury mechanic instead where the more you blast the mobs, they more damage and scaling -RES generated, up to 20% for the latter. Would love to see a Brute Blaster version for them.

3. Offer No Redraw options to all sets if possible (and fix it so crab backpacks can be skipped/removed - it's the sole reason I have a Rifle Huntsman, hate the looks of the Pack and Mace redraw sucks).

I don't think that's too unreasonable an ask for these powers/ATs, and I'm sure other folks will disagree with some or all of this, but it's what I'd like to see in the game to make it better for some of my guys. If I had to choose only one of the above though, I'd say the SR port to all ATs/SD port is the top choice for me, since that's a number of ATs that would benefit from this QOL improvement.

Edited by KaoticKarl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KaoticKarl said:

Guess I'm just simple in my wants compared to a lot of folks here, but I think it'd be asking too much of a volunteer team of devs to do some of these suggestions. Mine are this:

1. Port the MB version from Sent SR to all ATs, and while we're at it, add in SD as well with the DDR double stack values as inherent for that set.

2. Round-file the Sent opportunity inherent completely as it stands. Make it a Fury mechanic instead where the more you blast the mobs, they more damage and scaling -RES generated, up to 20% for the latter. Would love to see a Brute Blaster version for them.

3. Offer No Redraw options to all sets if possible (and fix it so crab backpacks can be skipped/removed - it's the sole reason I have a Rifle Huntsman, hate the looks of the Pack and Mace redraw sucks).

I don't think that's too unreasonable an ask for these powers/ATs, and I'm sure other folks will disagree with some or all of this, but it's what I'd like to see in the game to make it better for some of my guys. If I had to choose only one of the above though, I'd say the SR port to all ATs/SD port is the top choice for me, since that's a number of ATs that would benefit from this QOL improvement.

I actually think you'll probably get # 2 and #3, given enough time.  Not as sure about #1.  But, yeah, as others have stated, this is mostly pie-in-the-sky musing.  I don't think it's realistic to expect that I'll ever get any of the wishes that I posted, for example.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:14 PM, nihilii said:

Rebalance of XP/inf/droprate given per mob on a case-by-case basis, according to their difficulty.

For true pie-in-the-sky dream, add an automatic weekly rebalance based on what content the playerbase is running as a whole. i.e. if 1 billion council mobs have been killed this week and only 1 million rularuu, rularuu rewards would increase.

Rationale? This would give incentive to experience all the content. With some dynamic aspect to what content you're going to run on any particular day, too. The introduction of weekly TFs was IMHO the best feature of the game. To this day you can see it's a powerful motivator to get people to run that content, without harmstringing other activities either. So I would go further in that direction.

Apply this to redside vs blueside content and it would incentivize people to play redside more, perhaps

• Like 1

Just one thing I'd really like some dev to add if they could: the ability to make a toon PARTIALLY stealthed or invisible, so that only some parts of them remain visible and are floating, dismebodied. The result being a toon that is just a floating head, or floating hands, or a floating weapon, or a pair of pants or boots that walk by themselves, etc. It would allow for good portrayal of an invisible person, ghost or poltergeist char concept, etc. Whether this is in the costume creator or a feature in Concealment pool powers, either way

• Like 1

Some tweaks to existing travel powers would be nice and the addition of a new one or two for thematics

Web or grapple line swinging for those urban vigilantes out there
motorcycles or jet cycles for the same

tweak super speed so it can run up walls and on water only falling off the building or into the water if you stop for more then a second or if you jump

optional super hero landing for flight and superleap complete with ground shake and cracking

hand claws instead of the wolverine specials I know we get savage melee but claws should have that look as well

add slots to Kheldian forms for each slot in Nova and Dwarf the character gets a slot in the forms powers automatically

change Instant healing on Regeneration to a toggle again

Edited by catsi563

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

A long, long time ago, right after ragdoll physics were added, I was on a team.

Yes, a team.

Yes, me.  Can I finish this story, please?  I'm trying to add context to my suggestion.  Stop interrupting me.  You're as bad as my cats.

ANYWAY, we're cleaning up a spawn in one of the generic office maps and I whack a critter with Air Superiority.  Critter does its little flip... and a Martial Arts scrapper kicked it before it landed.  The goon went soaring halfway across the room, smacked into a wall and slid down in a boneless heap.  It was one of the most glorious moments in my Co* life that it's still as vivid today as it was when it happened.

So I'd redesign knockback from the ground up.  I'd retool the mechanic to make KB itself deal damage by adding an impact factor.  KB a target into a wall and it takes extra damage, the extra being dependent on the force of the KB, the type of surface and the distance traveled (although once the target passes the apex of the KB trajectory and begins to descend, the extra damage would be reduced, perhaps even replaced by falling damage calculated from the apex to the point of impact).  I'd turn KB itself into both a more useful tool and a more rewarding effect.  Maybe, just maybe, more people would use KB powers, and experience what I did all of those years ago.

• Like 6

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.