One Wish Granted (COV/COH) (WWYW2021)

Troo

On 3/7/2021 at 11:16 PM, Saikochoro said:

To each their own. Dual pistols is my favorite blast set, but the painfully slow animation of piercing rounds and lack of snipe has been what I have always wanted reworked. It would make me make even more dual pistols characters. 

That said, I think you are safe. I very highly doubt the devs would make that change. So no need to worry 😉

Why does he have to throw his pistols flipping over his head BEFORE he shoots..?  doesn't make sense to me....

22 hours ago, KaoticKarl said:

I have and play both ATs, and I think Sents could be set to blaster damage modifiers, lose the range limitation, and add +2 to cap for AoE and still be ok. Since they have a quicker recharge on T9, it should be less affected mobs, so that one power can stay as is. Blasters still have an entire secondary set they can use to add to their damage as well, which Sents couldn't come close to in overall numbers. For a kind of trade-off, bake in Mez/Stun/Hold/KB protect into the blaster level 20 toggle. I doubt many leveling blasters would argue too much with that, and to me this is win-win territory.

If that's too much for Sents, I like my earlier idea of turning opportunity into a kind of Fury mechanic, so they can ramp up damage the faster they go and maintain. With the armors as secondary, they can also survive easier mob to mob, and it would make them a fast-paced fun ranged AT for folks who don't want to actually blap.

Think it’d be too much to give blasters Mez protect. There should be a penalty/vulnerability for so much damage and that one is fair. 

Agree with you that Sentinels should be getting a little more of everything though. As for opportunity, I’d love an unlockable build up with a mechanic similar to that of Domination. More you attack you build your fury/opportunity bar, and when full it unlocks a big damage buff for 30 seconds or so - but you get to control when you activate it. Shouldn’t be possible to perma though. 

Don’t think Sentinels need major changes by any means. Just a new inherent and tweak the numbers a little. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darkhorsedan said:

Make Sentinel's primary powerset more like the Dominator's assault set, so it has a mixture of melee and ranged abilities.  That way they could be a more 'jack of all trades' type. Ultimately It wouldn't be much different in function to a human only Peacebringer. 

Think Sentinels really appeal to those who like to stay at range and hover blast. Know I’m one of them. Forcing melee powers into their primary would kill all the appeal for me. I’d just play blasters instead since I could do exactly the same but hit harder. 

hero/villain knows the intimidating power of good showmanship!

Seriously though, I think the word going around was that the Assault Rifle power set "has dull animations," so when they wanted to do pistols, they went nuts in the other direction; iirc, they studied up the Gun-Fu in Equilibrium for ideas.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

20 hours ago, Darkhorsedan said:

Make Sentinel's primary powerset more like the Dominator's assault set, so it has a mixture of melee and ranged abilities.  That way they could be a more 'jack of all trades' type. Ultimately It wouldn't be much different in function to a human only Peacebringer. 

I sorely want just 1 or 2 melee attacks for my sentinels. I had to get them from the ancillary power pools and am truly not satisfied by them.  Especially for Assault Rifle, there should have been a Butt Strike option or Bayonet attack.

I do have 1 Big request,

I am a big  END GAME kinda guy, as such I have over 50 toons tier 4'd INCarnate both live and now again on homecoming...Please save my sanity (if possible).

I want to have the option of free accolades on each account AFTER you have 1) reached lvl 50     and

2) achieved said accolades x amount of times already....

say 3 or 5 times or whatever...

please help my mental health in this area--DRs note avail. upon request.                😉                    yer friend ,     Hemipowered

• Like 1

Minimal effects for Granite Armor!

Additionally, after helping a friend of mine with her Skeletor costume recently and contemplating how nice it would be to have staves as an option for blast sets (Skeletor had a ram's head staff), I agree with the following quote:

On 3/25/2021 at 2:51 AM, Tyrannical said:

A big ask, and nothing I can see happening any time soon, but... making weapons a selectable 'prop' for all powersets would be great. Wands, staves, guns, bows, weapons of all kinds that could be selected as part of your power customisation, allowing you to turn any powerset into a 'weapon set' per se.

I don't think it would be too difficult, since we already have the Nemesis staff animation. I could also make some additional mocap animations if requested.

I think if CoH were still live wands would have been an option by now, given the success of a certain spell-based IP.

Edited by Sasquatch

On 3/9/2021 at 6:38 AM, zuel said:

I'd like to see Rage reworked so it gives a balance of costs/benefits that doesn't make for clunky gameplay. Currently the -Def and -End on crash makes it annoying, especially with high levels of recharge. Conversely, double stacking and the +ToHit make it incredibly powerful.

There are so many good suggestions on how to do this, I'm reluctant to add more to the mix. Just make it thematic, effective and fun.

When it comes to rage I’ve never really been bothered by the -Def or -End. However, the -Dam winds me right up! That’s the element of Rage I’d love to see changed. 

You’re meant to have super strength but for ten seconds every minute you can’t even bruise a minion? Come on... that’s not really on theme. 

• Like 1