Is there a way to set storage permissions for Coalitions and/or passcode entry?

Greyhawke

Not that I'm aware of.

I think Coalies can use 'porters, crafting, and mission items... but not storage.

Can confirm that it's everything But storage. Probably to reduce griefing or some other non-possible thing that breaks the game.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 months later

I know what a coalition is but how is it different from giving out the password to your base?  I don't see what a coalition does that the password feature doesn't cover.

If you can't share storage then I don't really see the point of coalitions.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Coas predate passcodes, which are a SCORE/Homecoming innovation.

Back in the Live days, having coalitions was the only way to get access to someone else's base if you weren't actively teamed with them. So, essentially they're just a legacy of the way things worked back then.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

As I remember, coalition members can use the personal storage vault in a coalition base since it pertains only to that character.  Insp/Salvage/ENH storage cannot be accessed in any base other than the SG the character belongs to - assuming they have the appropriate permissions in their SG.

Everything else can be used in coalition bases - teleports, NPC contacts, workbench, mission computer etc.

I built a base for the whole Torchbearer Community and there are players in there all the time porting to a zone or doing crafting and such.

Edited by ShardWarrior

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

Coas predate passcodes, which are a SCORE/Homecoming innovation.

Back in the Live days, having coalitions was the only way to get access to someone else's base if you weren't actively teamed with them. So, essentially they're just a legacy of the way things worked back then.

That, and the Coalition chat channel which is helpful when you have friends spread across multiple SGs. 

• Like 1

I would love to have this feature. I do understand that it probably would have a huge data storage impact,, as everyone would make tons of SGs and form coalitions just for the extra storage. But we make alts now and store stuff in the auction house, so maybe there would not be that much difference.

I would be happy if we could get just one base with storage access by all characters on an account, regardless of SG affiliation. I have characters in multiple SGs with different friends. and it would be great if I could access my personal storage base with characters I have in other SGs.

23 hours ago, Eva Destruction said:

I did this too, but my friends keep forgetting to add it to their tabs on their alts.  The coalition channel is automatically there.

That is indeed a problem. I solved it—for most of my friends—by reminding them they can save their chat settings to default. That way the private channel gets added to each new character's tabs automatically.