Trapdoor Test Results - the other half of Pylon testing?

Kanil

Put together this map to help anyone who wants to run this test. It can be useful for planning when to use certain powers and knowing which enemies to prioritize. 

/macro find "target_custom_next enemy alive archon$$target_custom_next enemy alive eclipse warwolf$$target_custom_next enemy alive night widow$$target_custom_next enemy alive tarantula mistress"

I usually use this macro before running into a group of enemies to check if there's any that I need to focus. This can really help with avoiding cascading debuffs or to focus damage on bosses.

After putting this map together, I think it helps me get an idea of how this test can be improved. I'm planning on creating a few AE missions to simulate different environments. Open to any feedback and what you guys think would be useful in testing!

trapdoorMap.png

Edited by Ston
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later

The auto buff that looks like a damage buff icon is a+2% defense buff from dream doctor arc that I couldn't get rid of. used 2 def insps and had def amplifier on.

I did detoggle once from leaving super speed on. wondering if adding rain of fire would be useful.

Edited by Signalrunner
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later
On 10/17/2022 at 5:55 PM, Ston said:

Been doing a ton of trapdoor tests this week.

Have a couple more to test the fiery melee updates:

Bio/Fire Tanker @ 3:36

This time is pretty ridiculous, but most of that is because I didn't get any Warwolf bosses and got two lucky build up procs against Trapdoor. So while I would take the time with a grain of salt, fiery melee still melts stuff super fast on Tankers. Dark Oblit + FSC + Combustion is really good AoE. Was consistently getting 3:50-4:00 runs.

Fire/Earth Brute @ 4:20

As usual with Brutes, AoE felt weaker but ST felt a little more consistent. Tried to throw in two epic AoE's to compete with the Tanker run. Could probably go with Soul for a better ST rotation, but FSC alone still feels pretty weak for AoE. Nontheless, it still feels better than before on Brutes! Cremate is a great power that isn't available on Tankers.. but Combustion would nice to have.

I didn't even bother testing BoF.. Just doesn't seem worth the effort of positioning for cones like it is for powers like Shockwave or Throw Spines.

Wow this bio/fire run is very impressive. Would you share a build for it?

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Happy Easter, I have no eggs, so here's some murder fresh from Brainstorm.

Trapdoor doesn't do the storm/storm justice, lots of setup and you don't get to make full use of the storms as much as you would on most other maps. Buffed AR is pretty sick though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, ScarySai said:

Trapdoor doesn't do the storm/storm justice, lots of setup and you don't get to make full use of the storms as much as you would on most other maps. Buffed AR is pretty sick though.

Can you share your AR build? I've been dying to make an AR toon for some time but always have been held back by the issues with the set.

AR/TA after the latest BS update.

3:30 without level up

3:23 with level up.

defense + survival amplifiers on.

No video just because I want to save that for an even better run, pretty sure I can get better, anyway.

That's pretty good for a character that's missing aim.

Edited by ScarySai

On 4/10/2023 at 12:40 AM, ScarySai said:

Storm/Storm looks very cool.

Full auto lol.

• 4 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
On 5/8/2023 at 8:52 PM, ScarySai said:

Reworked the char to take the snipe over psi darts, since it's an old char.

Pretty dumb single target for a plant.

Dang, that's insane, my attempts at Dominator usually end poorly. What's the build for this?

• 2 weeks later
On 5/31/2023 at 7:47 PM, Ston said:

Sentinels still suck 👀

Fire/Rad/Elec @ 4:12s

Pretty impressive and good to shut some people up when they poo poo on Sentinels.

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

Pretty impressive and good to shut some people up when they poo poo on Sentinels.

To be fair, I think this is only possible on Rad Armor. I tried Fire/EA & Fire/Bio and they were both about 30-45s slower on average. Still much better than other ATs though. And I've gotten decent pylon times with them.

They are definitely a lot better than most people say. But they could still use larger target caps and get rid of the weird nuke radius damage falloff.

Rad Armor is special because it has Ground Zero which will knockdown more targets than the typical Sentinel target cap. Any KDs & Immobs make their clear speed so much faster. But also to be fair, the top times for Scrappers/Tanks/Brutes are only happening with Rad & Bio.

9 minutes ago, Ston said:

To be fair, I think this is only possible on Rad Armor. I tried Fire/EA & Fire/Bio and they were both about 30-45s slower on average. Still much better than other ATs though. And I've gotten decent pylon times with them.

They are definitely a lot better than most people say. But they could still use larger target caps and get rid of the weird nuke radius damage falloff.

Rad Armor is special because it has Ground Zero which will knockdown more targets than the typical Sentinel target cap. Any KDs & Immobs make their clear speed so much faster. But also to be fair, the top times for Scrappers/Tanks/Brutes are only happening with Rad & Bio.

I noticed how the clear time was within the rest. 30 seconds slower is perfectly palatable for an AT so sneered at as 'training wheels'. I don't know what pylon times you got with it but I had 3 minutes with Elec/Bio (though Elec lends itself to pylon fights by sapping it) though it would not clear a Trap nearly as fast as you got.

Rad Armor does add a second nuke which is valuable, and yeah, more than the damage it is the target caps that make themselves noticed, but mostly with solo if we are to be honest. In a team the minions will disappear first leaving the rest within the target cap.

Fire / Rad Corruptor @ 4:58

T4 Musc Radial, T4 Cognitive Core, T4 Ageless Core, T4 Assault Radial (Passive)

It’s been a goal of mine lately to get a sub 5:00 trapdoor run with a defender or corruptor. I tried a lot of combos on the test server and finally found the one that had everything I needed: Fire/Rad.

I think the keys to a fast def/corr run are:

- High damage (Fire was hands down the best here)

- Active and Passive mitigation (CC, Tohit debuffs are the best sources IMO. This is crucial for avoiding getting mez’d while using Ageless)

- Preventing runners (Slows, CC, burst damage)

Fire/Rad checks all those boxes…

- Fire Ball + RoF is a ton of AoE damage

- Choking Cloud is 15ft of hard CC to prevent runners and mitigate damage/mez (passive mitigation)

- Radiation Infection is a good opener to apply a heavy tohit debuff (active mitigation)

- Accelerated Metabolism will help with damage (+rech, +recovery, +dmg, +speed)

- Heavy burst damage with Blaze, BB, Inferno

- Lingering Radiation is one of the best AoE slows in the game. Combined with RoF, nothing is escaping except wolves

Notes:

- Used Cognitive Core for another layer of mitigation. Confused mobs won’t hurt you.

- Dark Mastery is amazing. Psy Mastery is close behind.

- Had good results with Musc Radial and Vigor Core depending on the combo I was using.

- Had to use Ageless on most attempts, which makes things very dangerous if you get mezzed

Honorable Mentions:

Blasts: Water, DP, Rad

Support: TA, Time, Nature, Kinetics

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ston said:

Fire / Rad Corruptor @ 4:58

T4 Musc Radial, T4 Cognitive Core, T4 Ageless Core, T4 Assault Radial (Passive)

It’s been a goal of mine lately to get a sub 5:00 trapdoor run with a defender or corruptor. I tried a lot of combos on the test server and finally found the one that had everything I needed: Fire/Rad.

I think the keys to a fast def/corr run are:

- High damage (Fire was hands down the best here)

- Active and Passive mitigation (CC, Tohit debuffs are the best sources IMO. This is crucial for avoiding getting mez’d while using Ageless)

- Preventing runners (Slows, CC, burst damage)

Fire/Rad checks all those boxes…

- Fire Ball + RoF is a ton of AoE damage

- Choking Cloud is 15ft of hard CC to prevent runners and mitigate damage/mez (passive mitigation)

- Radiation Infection is a good opener to apply a heavy tohit debuff (active mitigation)

- Accelerated Metabolism will help with damage (+rech, +recovery, +dmg, +speed)

- Heavy burst damage with Blaze, BB, Inferno

- Lingering Radiation is one of the best AoE slows in the game. Combined with RoF, nothing is escaping except wolves

Notes:

- Used Cognitive Core for another layer of mitigation. Confused mobs won’t hurt you.

- Dark Mastery is amazing. Psy Mastery is close behind.

- Had good results with Musc Radial and Vigor Core depending on the combo I was using.

- Had to use Ageless on most attempts, which makes things very dangerous if you get mezzed

Honorable Mentions:

Blasts: Water, DP, Rad

Support: TA, Time, Nature, Kinetics

This is SWEET to see. I’ve been looking at Water/Time myself. Need to build one and give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Something quite a bit different today from past post I've shared, I got a regen brute today. It's certainly not setting any records today since the number #1 goal is to be a really durable tank which this build has definitely checked off the list. I'm very happy with it's performance tbh.

Averaging in the range of 6:30s-6:40s pretty consistently.

Posted the pylon time for this character as well in the respective thread. Getting around 4minutes 20 seconds on those.

• Like 2