Trapdoor Test Results - the other half of Pylon testing?

Kanil

I managed to get my Bane run times down to 7:30-8:00 minutes. Using procs and provoke.

Provoke is critical because damn those mobs start running because of the 2-4 dots on them.

Also, I learned to lean into my tankiness by dragging mobs from one group to another to speed things up.

Sorry no sound. I did execute almost a perfect stealth crowd control hit at 6:00.

Spoiler

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 2

Is there any cross referencing between builds used in trapdoor and pylon times? I've been looking to try some new scrapper builds but I'm trying to find one that has extremely low trapdoor times AND low pylon times.

The only thing I can't really account for is a control across builds. Personally I would have only tested builds that were softcapped only to allow for the possibility of some solo play

1 hour ago, projectoffse said:

Is there any cross referencing between builds used in trapdoor and pylon times? I've been looking to try some new scrapper builds but I'm trying to find one that has extremely low trapdoor times AND low pylon times.

The only thing I can't really account for is a control across builds. Personally I would have only tested builds that were softcapped only to allow for the possibility of some solo play

I don't think there is a reference, but watch the fast Trapdoor times and see how fast the Elite boss goes down.

One Energy melee scrapper took him out in five blows. I'm pretty sure that will correspond good pylon times.

5 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I don't think there is a reference, but watch the fast Trapdoor times and see how fast the Elite boss goes down.

One Energy melee scrapper took him out in five blows. I'm pretty sure that will correspond good pylon times.

Interesting. Do you know if there are any WM results for trapdoor anywhere? 

1 hour ago, projectoffse said:

Interesting. Do you know if there are any WM results for trapdoor anywhere? 

I do not. War Mace is one of the sets that tests show it's very good, but is rarely seen.

I suspect it's because of the animations. Bane spider share the same attacks and there is some off about the animations.

Edited by KaizenSoze

5 hours ago, projectoffse said:

sadly there's not - i post often in both threads and all the results in the title are my own but the performance preference out of my builds tend to lean towards damage than surviving (i just use purples to compensate from 32% def).

like, the characters/builds are usually the same or similar on my pylon posts and trapdoor posts since i do all my testing on actual servers and not the test server so that's pretty much the main reference point.

that's also the reason there's no WM trapdoor time, haha. gutted that character to make it into a battleaxe character out of my own preference despite WM being the obvious number one overall melee powerset for performance overall. for 'overall top tier sets when going for lvl50' my own judgement goes like, 1. WM 2.energy melee 3. claws/db tie (EM has better perf in team conditions and big +dmg conditions) 4. TW (note this is scrapper only due to FT ATO slotting allowing for ST damage) 5.katana (ato in gd, gc->sd->gc->gd string). if you're looking for something that is just unconditionally strong regardless of what is happening, WM, claws and katana would be my picks due to their stability - EM, TW and DB all have something that can make em not flow as well on good teams (em dmg relating to slow anims, TW momentum/slow anim times, DB in general requires HUGE amounts of recharge to get to top tier perf so comes with an asterisk)

anyways, made a stj char on a whim after someone was talkin about praetoria bein super hard so i decided to see if i could make it through deathless and then went nuts on the char after gettin out of praetoria.

street justice/bio/mu scrapper

avg: 5m28s

Spoiler

5m9s
5m21s
5m28s
5m45s - 2 widows EVERY GROUP fuck's sake
5m30s
5m28s
5m35s

5m13s
5m19s
5m27s
6m3s - 2 widows every group and i got blinded every group goodbye accuracy
5m25s

i'm honestly surprised how much work that spinning strike and sweeping cross can do. this build is extremely tight on slotting and i kinda get the feelin' street justice is really mid tier (worse overall perf than broadsword?) on non-stalkers which is hilarious given how many times i've had people post 'street justice is a p2w set' at me.

for cross reference record, the pylon time average for this build is 1m49s, with the 'normal' perf times often breaking into the 2m+ range

Edited by Kanil

I don't know what I'm missing with Axe VS War Mace. On a Tanker testing both Mids shows Axe as having better damage in every skill (sometimes largely so) with the same AoE. Pylon times were about equal as well. But with the bonus that Axe's early AoE allows to slot a FF proc 18 levels before the cone is available.

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

I don't know what I'm missing with Axe VS War Mace. On a Tanker testing both Mids shows Axe as having better damage in every skill (sometimes largely so) with the same AoE. Pylon times were about equal as well. But with the bonus that Axe's early AoE allows to slot a FF proc 18 levels before the cone is available.

Clobber. Clobber is what makes War Mace, an extreme damage attack on a 1.5s animation. It outdamages every Battle Axe attack.

It used to be the WM:BA dynamic was exactly as you described. Mace was mechanically inferior in every way, with Clobber doing no damage at the time. Those were sad days.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, nihilii said:

Clobber. Clobber is what makes War Mace, an extreme damage attack on a 1.5s animation. It outdamages every Battle Axe attack.

It used to be the WM:BA dynamic was exactly as you described. Mace was mechanically inferior in every way, with Clobber doing no damage at the time. Those were sad days.

I managed to have FE turn on for Axe and not for WM when I was comparing the numbers. Talk about a newbie mistake. Yeah, WM is more damage especially Clobber with almost a hundred points more. For AoE the FF proc in Whirlwind Axe works better though, but ultimately both have their T9 cone that can take it so it's more of an exemplaring thing.

Edited by Sovera

8 hours ago, Sovera said:

I managed to have FE turn on for Axe and not for WM when I was comparing the numbers. Talk about a newbie mistake. Yeah, WM is more damage especially Clobber with almost a hundred points more. For AoE the FF proc in Whirlwind Axe works better though, but ultimately both have their T9 cone that can take it so it's more of an exemplaring thing.

pendulum has a lower target cap compared to crowd control - 5 vs 10 alongside having 1ft less radius. so the two 'standout' powers are significantly better.

war mace also has significantly better compatibility with the scrapper crit strikes ATO due to jawbreaker's higher activation time and recharge - it's actually easier to get the gapless optimal string on WM than it is on BA due to how flexible/slow jawbreaker->clobber->shatter/jawbreaker->CC->whirling is in terms of requiring recharge time vs BA's chop->swoop->cleave/chop->pendulum->whirling

on a truly optimized wm build i'm pretty sure you can bring pylon times consistently deep into the 1:00-1:20 range while axe sits in the 1:20-1:40 range

Edited by Kanil

Archery/TA is so ridiculously fun to play. The only combo I enjoy more is Fire/Fire. You're just constantly able to spam AoE attacks and see tons of orange numbers. My Beam/TA plays similarly and I'd imagine AR/TA and Water/TA would be great as well. 

Averaged around 5:30 using Ageless and break frees.

Was averaging around 7:00 using Clarion.. was much slower and dangerous due to end drain. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ended up making of the few melee powersets i haven't made on a whim.

rad armor is hilariously good, but wow, i'm genuinely surprised at 'bad' electric melee is when it comes to synergy with scrappers. it's like, anti-synergy. repulsion. chain induction chains not critting, lightning rod not critting, the attacks generally having extremely poor damage (barring LR), the pathetic radius on thunderstrike  - it's wild how many aspects of this powerset actively work against the advantages that scrapper crit strikes normally gives for powersets.

elec melee/rad armor/mu

average: 6m

Spoiler

5:43

6:27

5:44

6:18

5:40

6:00

6:28

5:36

video:

by a first glance on paper you would expect elec melee/rad to blow a lot of sets out of the water because of the combination of LR + rad therapy + GZ but LR just isn't up enough and somehow doesn't do enough damage or have a big enough radius to really let you go berserk with it. the other garbage powers in the set extremely don't make up for it and actively cause slowdowns due to how pathetic the ST is in the set.

as expected, rad armor is also crazy as hell though and ends up extremely heavily carrying elec melee's extremely poor performance overall on scrapper.

sheesh.

at least the character and powers look cool as hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got a new laptop after years of living with outdated hardware. What better way to celebrate than by finally running a Trapdoor test with my fav scrapper? (rad/bio/soul)

4:22 🙂 Can't say I'm surprised. This gal performs great everywhere.

But...! I used Hybrid and Judgement liberally, as this is how I play my character normally (and I didn't even think to check for rules). So this isn't comparable to other times ITT.

I have to say, I'm not sure how sensible it is to restrict Hybrid and Judgement.

The fastest times ITT so far are 4 minutes and above, so one experiences a full Hybrid cycle downtime. And Judgement is a regular tool in our toolbox every 90 seconds...

Certainly, I might build some of my characters differently if Judgement wasn't available in regular gameplay. Ignoring Judgement for the purpose of this test might create an artificial gap between heavy AoE builds and light AoE builds, a gap that would be partially filled by Judgement in real gameplay.

So I might just be a pain in the butt and post times with Hybrid/Judgement here, much like in the Pylon thread. 😉 But I'll make sure to always mention it.

--

Edit: but this got me thinking, how much difference does it make? A LOT! Second try with same character, no Hybrid/Judgement = 5:13.

Not being able to instantly wipe most of a group ~3 times significantly changes things, especially with having to chase runners on the edges.

And that's on a character fairly well equipped for AoE, what with fully procced Irradiated Ground and Critical Strikes-enabled Atom Smasher and its 10 feet range...

I shudder to think about my poor StJ/Bio without Judgement. She relies on a procced out DNA Siphon as her only AoE.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

Got a new laptop after years of living with outdated hardware. What better way to celebrate than by finally running a Trapdoor test with my fav scrapper? (rad/bio/soul)

4:22 🙂 Can't say I'm surprised. This gal performs great everywhere.

But...! I used Hybrid and Judgement liberally, as this is how I play my character normally (and I didn't even think to check for rules). So this isn't comparable to other times ITT.

I have to say, I'm not sure how sensible it is to restrict Hybrid and Judgement.

The fastest times ITT so far are 4 minutes and above, so one experiences a full Hybrid cycle downtime. And Judgement is a regular tool in our toolbox every 90 seconds...

Certainly, I might build some of my characters differently if Judgement wasn't available in regular gameplay. Ignoring Judgement for the purpose of this test might create an artificial gap between heavy AoE builds and light AoE builds, a gap that would be partially filled by Judgement in real gameplay.

So I might just be a pain in the butt and post times with Hybrid/Judgement here, much like in the Pylon thread. 😉 But I'll make sure to always mention it.

--

Edit: but this got me thinking, how much difference does it make? A LOT! Second try with same character, no Hybrid/Judgement = 5:13.

Not being able to instantly wipe most of a group ~3 times significantly changes things, especially with having to chase runners on the edges.

And that's on a character fairly well equipped for AoE, what with fully procced Irradiated Ground and Critical Strikes-enabled Atom Smasher and its 10 feet range...

I shudder to think about my poor StJ/Bio without Judgement. She relies on a procced out DNA Siphon as her only AoE.

i'm perfectly cool with whatever anyone posts, haha. a lot of this is my curiosity and keeping a record of my own comparisons instead of eyeballing it.

the main reason i don't use judgement in my own personal end is because how much it can drastically affect times based on group layout and where you use it. it's like... 'how much am i getting from a comparison point between the sets if i'm using it?' - i don't feel confident going '[x] is better than [x]' with that added, especially if you start factoring in different judgements and hybrids and all that, haha.

i only checked it between a few sets before i made the decision to not use it but it really ends up feelin' like it's not a strong comparison point between effectiveness of sets when it's factored in. it introduces massive variance on where you use it - like, up to 2 minute levels of variance.

• Like 1

I've been noticing 10-20 second swings in my run times based on whether or not there are Eclipse Warwolves present. Their resistance to all dmg types is no joke.

My elec/shield had a sub 5:00 run, but after re-watching, I noticed I didn't get any of those big boys.

I think this is another thing worth mentioning and is important when comparing combos to each other. I believe there are two spots on the map where you can encounter them. 

Edited by Cirque

2 hours ago, Cirque said:

I've been noticing 10-20 second swings in my run times based on whether or not there are Eclipse Warwolves present. Their resistance to all dmg types is no joke.

My elec/shield had a sub 5:00 run, but after re-watching, I noticed I didn't get any of those big boys.

I think this is another thing worth mentioning and is important when comparing combos to each other. I believe there are two spots on the map where you can encounter them. 

there are 3 potential boss spawn points - the first crowd always has 2, the middle crowd can sometimes have one, and the 2nd to last crowd can sometimes have one.

there's variance caused by that which is why i generally like to at least get a couple of samples to try and get high/low range variations.

• 3 weeks later

@Kanil As I can never get close to your times. I'm just old and slow. 🙂

Here is a Night Widow build that improves on my usual 11 min to 9 mins.. Maybe you can tweak or run it see how fast you can go.

Not going to be as fast as Fort, but I think it's an noticable improvement.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Mu Widow: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mental Blast -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37)
Level 2: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 6: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(15)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), GssSynFr--Build%(15), GldStr-Acc/Dmg(17), TchofDth-Dam%(17), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(19), GldStr-%Dam(19)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 12: Spin -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Erd-%Dam(23), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(25)
Level 14: Lunge -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(29)
Level 16: Hover -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(31)
Level 18: Slash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dmg(31), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(39)
Level 24: Mind Link -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(36), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36)
Level 26: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Leadership -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 32: Teleport Target -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Electrifying Fences -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(40), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(40), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(40), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(42), PrfShf-End%(42)
Level 38: Mu Lightning -- Apc-Dmg(A), PrfShf-End%(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PrfShf-End%(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), Bmbdmt-Dam(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(46)
Level 44: Static Discharge -- Rgn-Dmg(A), PrfShf-End%(48), JvlVll-Dam%(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(50)
Level 47: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Weaken Resolve -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), EndMod-I(11)
Level 6: Afterburner
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------
------------

2 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

@Kanil As I can never get close to your times. I'm just old and slow. 🙂

Here is a Night Widow build that improves on my usual 11 min to 9 mins.. Maybe you can tweak or run it see how fast you can go.

Not going to be as fast as Fort, but I think it's an noticable improvement.

Hide contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Mu Widow: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Force of Will
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mental Blast -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37)
Level 2: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 6: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(15)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), GssSynFr--Build%(15), GldStr-Acc/Dmg(17), TchofDth-Dam%(17), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(19), GldStr-%Dam(19)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 12: Spin -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Erd-%Dam(23), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(25)
Level 14: Lunge -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(29)
Level 16: Hover -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(31)
Level 18: Slash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dmg(31), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(39)
Level 24: Mind Link -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(36), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36)
Level 26: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Leadership -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 32: Teleport Target -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Electrifying Fences -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(40), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(40), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(40), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(42), PrfShf-End%(42)
Level 38: Mu Lightning -- Apc-Dmg(A), PrfShf-End%(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PrfShf-End%(45), Ann-ResDeb%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), Bmbdmt-Dam(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(46)
Level 44: Static Discharge -- Rgn-Dmg(A), PrfShf-End%(48), JvlVll-Dam%(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(50)
Level 47: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Weaken Resolve -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), EndMod-I(11)
Level 6: Afterburner
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------
------------

looking at it, it should perform better than my build... i think? are you able to record a video of your run? it may just be a playstyle difference after all.

11 minutes ago, Kanil said:

looking at it, it should perform better than my build... i think? are you able to record a video of your run? it may just be a playstyle difference after all.

I will in the next couple of days. I think it's mostly I am too caution in general.

• Thumbs Up 1

6:38 average on a Shield/MartialArts/Soul Tanker using standard rules (6:19 6:56 6:49 6:38 6:28 6:36)

6:54 single hardcore run (+4x8 bosses, no temps, no insps, no Lore, enemies buffed, player debuffed)

I use all three amplifiers on this character in normal play, and this test was no exception. They're technically not temporary powers as they don't suppress when you turn off temporary powers, but most disapprove of their use on challenges, so it's worth noting. Nothing else extra to note, I think, other than that I hate this map. I hate tunnels. I hate trying to jump down the holes and missing over and over. I hate taking breaks because the tunnels made me motion sick. I hate getting stuck in a crowd where I can't maneuver. I hate Shield Charging enemies into walls and ceilings. There was much swearing at my mistakes. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I do these things to myself in the name of fun! 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 9/12/2021 at 4:56 AM, Werner said:

6:38 average on a Shield/MartialArts/Soul Tanker using standard rules (6:19 6:56 6:49 6:38 6:28 6:36)

6:54 single hardcore run (+4x8 bosses, no temps, no insps, no Lore, enemies buffed, player debuffed)

I use all three amplifiers on this character in normal play, and this test was no exception. They're technically not temporary powers as they don't suppress when you turn off temporary powers, but most disapprove of their use on challenges, so it's worth noting. Nothing else extra to note, I think, other than that I hate this map. I hate tunnels. I hate trying to jump down the holes and missing over and over. I hate taking breaks because the tunnels made me motion sick. I hate getting stuck in a crowd where I can't maneuver. I hate Shield Charging enemies into walls and ceilings. There was much swearing at my mistakes. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I do these things to myself in the name of fun! 😄

At least, it's quicker than soloing nightmare ITF 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

1 hour ago, Tsuko said:

At least, it's quicker than soloing nightmare ITF 🙂

Soloing nightmare ITF is my happy place - it's how I relax! 😉 It sounds like a joke, but it isn't. Though I admittedly don't do player debuffed (-.5x accuracy, -50% damage), because that's too annoyingly slow. I'm used to my normal pace. Still slow since I'm a Tanker, of course, but not terrible.

I poked at the Brutal Mission Simulator too. Definitely less swearing, but I wasn't timing myself either so I was more forgiving of my mistakes. Just taking a look. I definitely like the idea of a mission clear test, even if I dislike the Trapdoor mission. I started doing Trapdoor with my SS/Fire Brute, figuring he'd have much faster clear times. Almost died, then questioned why I was even bothering, and stopped bothering. Back to my happy place. Well, back to 801.2, then back to my happy place.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Werner said:

Soloing nightmare ITF is my happy place - it's how I relax! 😉 It sounds like a joke, but it isn't. Though I admittedly don't do player debuffed (-.5x accuracy, -50% damage), because that's too annoyingly slow. I'm used to my normal pace. Still slow since I'm a Tanker, of course, but not terrible.

I poked at the Brutal Mission Simulator too. Definitely less swearing, but I wasn't timing myself either so I was more forgiving of my mistakes. Just taking a look. I definitely like the idea of a mission clear test, even if I dislike the Trapdoor mission. I started doing Trapdoor with my SS/Fire Brute, figuring he'd have much faster clear times. Almost died, then questioned why I was even bothering, and stopped bothering. Back to my happy place. Well, back to 801.2, then back to my happy place.

The King of Cimerora is still on his throne.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

On 9/13/2021 at 12:13 AM, Werner said:

I took my Katana/Rad solo on the ITF and it was fun only had my alpha slot and it was level 1 when I decided why not  since it is my favorite TF. I crushed it and it was so much fun taking out the computer with all the robots on me and I just ignored them and took down the computer pretty sure that was my favorite part.

• Like 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA