Trapdoor Test Results - the other half of Pylon testing?

Kanil

Did you have this data saved in a spreadsheet already? I can add this as a second page to my spreadsheet if you wanted. Don't ask my why I quoted the below I couldn't seem to remove it after I got it by accident.

On 9/9/2021 at 5:35 AM, Kanil said:

looking at it, it should perform better than my build... i think? are you able to record a video of your run? it may just be a playstyle difference after all.

22 hours ago, Kachooman said:

Did you have this data saved in a spreadsheet already? I can add this as a second page to my spreadsheet if you wanted. Don't ask my why I quoted the below I couldn't seem to remove it after I got it by accident.

sorry, no dice. i actually just put my times in notepad and then copy/paste 'em here.

if you wanna put the times in that's cool but don't sweat it either, haha

4 hours ago, Kachooman said:

Does your first post contain all the times from the 5 pages or only some?

it has all of em

2 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

lol this sounds familiar

bad habits are somehow passed along

11 hours ago, Kanil said:

it has all of em

bad habits are somehow passed along

I didn't even share them with him 😛 ...I think.

To be fair, since you've already done the data entry, I am going to just copy your spreadsheet for the pylon thread. MOAR DATA

Edited by SomeGuy

3 hours ago, Wuteva said:

So one question. Is that a clear all mobs thing? Sorry if  that is a dumb question

It is. As the first post says the usual test for how much damage a build does involves going to the Rikti Warzone and then try to put one of the pylons down and check how long it took. You can see this in a thread a bit further down from this one.

This is also a test for damage but involves clearing everything including the final boss.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

Just did this on my Rad/Martial tank. Just the passive incarnate thingies running (he's immune to Blind anyway). 

https://www.carnifax.org/?uuid=f076a9c2-fa65-45da-b503-4ff26e86ff48

484 seconds : 8 mins 4 secs. Not especially quick but utterly safe. Didn't even bother with the Absorb Shield. Probably be quicker if I played the "Spawn 1, come over there to spawn 2" game a bit more. 

• 1 month later
  • 4 weeks later

Funny, just found this thread.

I thought the same thing. It has a bit of everything to see how you survive. 

This is how I tested out all my Petless and Semi-Petless Masterminds..  
If they can do this on 3/8 then its a good build and getting the incarnate unlock was even better. 

Currently working a Whip / Force Field build through this mission. But currently had to drop it down to 1/8. 

From my end, any petless or Full pet build with Trick Arrow is going to do great here.. Trick Arrow is that dam good.

• 2 weeks later
On 3/12/2021 at 4:57 AM, Sovera said:

I mentioned this to someone else yesterday.

On one hand I had someone vociferously rejecting the idea that Claws on a Scrapper was a good AoE set because 'it only had one AoE' as opposed to Spines or Elec. Saying and showing that Shockwave takes the KB>KD IO and that Claws can chain those two AoEs with only Follow-up for infinity, effectively turning it into a blender, did not make them change their mind.

On the other I very recently leveled a Fire/Elec Melee character. Thunderstrike is slow but heavy AoE damage (better on a Tanker because it makes the small 7y AoE wider), Chain Induction bounces around, Lightning Rod kills minions and hurts all around every 26-ish seconds.

So, obviously it must be great in AoE, right? Well, no, it has the same farm map killing test times than Fire Armor paired with humble Martial Arts with its single low damage fast animation Dragon Tail.

-And- it has execrable single target damage.

To not derail I put my Fire/MA Tanker through the paces. No incarnates clicked, no inspirations, +4x8 with bosses:

- 6:20

- 6:12

- 5:58

- 6:01

- 5:57

Pylon times of 3 minutes (with -res procs slotted which I did not use here).

Interesting how the character feels pretty strong but still has low Tanker damage when we compare to Scrapper times.

Don't feel bad, I put my EM/WP Tank through it under the same condition, took me 23.5 minutes, lol.

My Stone/Elec Brute did it in 11.5 minutes. Now obviously, neither one of those are AoE monsters and are mostly Single Target, but still, that's horrible, lol.

Went ahead and grabbed some times. Incarnates not clicked except where noted. Some yellow insps used due to being blinded.

Zariela - Shield/Nrg Tank - 7:48
Bill Z Bubba - Claws/SR Scrapper - 7:10
Chaoswolf - Bio/Claws Tank - 7:37
David Merlinson - Fire/Bio Sent - 8:10 (Used barrier once.)

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

Reran Bill Prime fighting as I actually play which means Assault Core was used as well as Pyronic Core. 6:30. 40 seconds faster.

Then I ran my nrg/bio/soul scrapper with the same rules. 6:40 again. Which I guess sorta makes sense. BZB's AoE output is much better. She did take down Trapdoor in what felt like three hits.

Not sure what to take away from all this.

18 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Went ahead and grabbed some times. Incarnates not clicked except where noted. Some yellow insps used due to being blinded.

Zariela - Shield/Nrg Tank - 7:48
Bill Z Bubba - Claws/SR Scrapper - 7:10
Chaoswolf - Bio/Claws Tank - 7:37
David Merlinson - Fire/Bio Sent - 8:10 (Used barrier once.)

Honestly, I think these are good times.

In my head under 8 mins is good enough. Under 10 if it's a low damage AT. I have under 9 min TA/DP defender run in this thread.

I find this a good reality check for my builds. I had this melee Crab build on beta. I thought it was pretty good. One 15+ mins run and reality crashed in. This has also happened with several Night Widow and Bane builds.

Edited by KaizenSoze

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

Honestly, I think these are good times.

In my head under 8 mins is good enough. Under 10 if it's a low damage AT. I have under 9 min TA/DP defender run in this thread.

I find this a good reality check for my builds. I had this melee Crab build on beta. I thought it was pretty good. One 15+ mins run and reality crashed in. This has also happened with several Night Widow and Bane builds.

I had this talk with a friend insisting they've extensively played Elec Melee and that it is good AoE.

'Don't give me gut feelings,' I said, 'There is a test going on, try it, tell me how you did and we can compare'.

This is how I walked into Trapdoor with my Fire Armor/Martial Arts expecting to dazzle until I had the numbers.

Tested with no incarnate clickies used.

- Fire Armor/Rad Tanker: 6:57 (no Atom Smasher).

- Rad Melee/Stone Brute: 6:13.

- Rad/ Fire Armor Brute: 5:55 (no Atom Smasher).

- Savage/Stone Brute: 5:47.

- Energy Melee/Fire Brute, my main: 4:57.

(A) Both the Rad Melee with Fire Armor pairings were hurt by not having Atom Smasher which makes their performance less indicative of their power, but I had to pick between Atom Smasher and Devastating. Someone else running it with both Devastating and Atom Smasher will get better numbers.

(B) The Rad Melee/Stone ignored mobs while its HP and endurance remained steady where the Fire Armors had to use their heal and endurance clickies. Near similar times only because of having Atom Smasher.

(C) Savage/Stone is deceptively good despite what pylon times say (3:20) with the fast animations eliminating much of corpse blasting and Trapdoor melting fast anyway. Even the robots in the test melted at a good clip with the quadruple DoT-age (Savage's bleeds, Brimstone procs, Mud Pots, and Degenerative).

Edited by Sovera
  • Thumbs Up 3