Island Rum and M1 Chip, MacBook Pro, Big Sur, HELP

Voltak

13 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Heh, the only reason we toyed around here was because they wanted to get IR working, so we did this anyway, knowing that the HC was there. Yeah, this is in the wrong forum grouping, but I left that alone unless someone wanted to move it.

I want to do whatever works, I will try one or the other.  I will try both and see what sticks 

You feel me ?

• Game Master
2 hours ago, Voltak said:

WE MADE LOTS OF PROGRESS !!  

However we are now at this other point 

7C19E2F1-D92D-4826-8CEB-616FD2BBEE00_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.70d02357a04bb6d3a9bf3a468b1ab661.jpeg

If you get one of these, try moving the /Applications/coh folder somewhere else and then running the installer.  Let it create what it needs to, and then let the HC Launcher install and download what it needs.  After that, copy your extra files back (costumes, etc).

Mac expert and designer of Homecoming for Mac.

Just now, Voltak said:

I want to do whatever works, I will try one or the other.  I will try both and see what sticks 

You feel me ?

Well the HC Launcher is much easier to deal with for sure, so go back to the older M1 guide. Delete the Applications/coh folder and Applications/Island Rum.app before proceeding with the install. I'm confident in That guide being pretty clear to follow.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 minute ago, GM Manga said:

If you get one of these, try moving the /Applications/coh folder somewhere else and then running the installer.  Let it create what it needs to, and then let the HC Launcher install and download what it needs.  After that, copy your extra files back (costumes, etc).

At this point, I'm gonna steer them to the HC Launcher guide post cleanup. I didn't realize their preference wasn't so concrete.

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

3 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Well the HC Launcher is much easier to deal with for sure, so go back to the older M1 guide. Delete the Applications/coh folder and Applications/Island Rum.app before proceeding with the install. I'm confident in That guide being pretty clear to follow.

I did uninstall all and I trashed everything before proceeding

Just now, Voltak said:

I did uninstall all and I trashed everything before proceeding

Good-good, if you're going to switch to the other launcher, then feel free to continue comments about that launcher in that thread. ^.^

Wait, what did you delete (besides the CoH stuff) exactly?

Just now, Voltak said:

Clean My Mac cannot successfully uninstall the apps. 

I can't access Finder now on the APPs folder 

Ugh, That would be one reason I don't use cleanup apps. They can mess stuff up. >.<

Let me see what the repair method is...

I had to open Finder and without touching the Applications section , I simply searched for CoH and right clicked on it and moved it to the trash 

I am about to reboot again 

Wow, what a nightmare this has turned into 

I know we are trying and making a great effort and I thank the both of you for your time and will 

Just now, WanderingAries said:

Ugh, That would be one reason I don't use cleanup apps. They can mess stuff up. >.<

Let me see what the repair method is...

It was doing that BEFORE I tried to use Clean My Mac

I tried using that program to see if the program could do that better than me 

1 minute ago, Voltak said:

It was doing that BEFORE I tried to use Clean My Mac

I tried using that program to see if the program could do that better than me 

Manga knows best on what files are created, but generally, you should only need to drag the mentioned contents to the Trash to "uninstall". That said, I Know there is at least one configuration file somewhere as the game has been remembering local settings even after I do that in the HC Launcher.

3 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Manga knows best on what files are created, but generally, you should only need to drag the mentioned contents to the Trash to "uninstall". That said, I Know there is at least one configuration file somewhere as the game has been remembering local settings even after I do that in the HC Launcher.

Ok, check this out. 

I ran Adware Cleaner now. 

That solved my issue. 

I am now able to open finder and go anywhere I please in Finder. 

4 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

tell me which ones specifically 

I did exactly that , I Mean I selected some items and moved them to trash.  

GM Manga said 

I am going to do this now on this next run 

Ok, check this out. 

I ran Adware Cleaner now. 

That solved my issue. 

I am now able to open finder and go anywhere I please in Finder. 

Like my former roommate used to say:
"I don't care how you fixed it, but it works and I'm happy"

Or

For a Sci-Fi Reference:

President Laura Roslin: The lesson learned here is not to ask follow-up questions, but simply to say “Thank you, Captain Apollo, for saving our collective asses.”

GM Manga said 

I am going to do this now on this next run 

No-no, you're good just deleting the coh folder and the Island Rum app before following the M1 guide.

I mean THIS guide:

6 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

No-no, you're good just deleting the coh folder and the Island Rum app before following the M1 guide.

There is a CoH folder that I see after I down load the client that GM manga said

You want me to delete that ?

There is a CoH folder that I see after I down load the client that GM manga said

You want me to delete that ?

That depends on what you've done so far, but it won't hurt to delete it and run the download again.

37 minutes ago, GM Manga said:

I tried moving the CoH folder somewhere else  , only the CoH folder 

Still having that same issue