Focused Feedback: Travel Power Updates (Build 1)

49 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

I usually take Mystic Flight so I can recover endurance in-between teleports

I haven't tested Mystic Flight but on a character with normal Teleport, you can rest in between ports if you want.  There's a 15 second period after a port, where you just hang in the air.  So if you were running low on end, you could just pause a few seconds between ports.

It also works really well with my keybind for porting max range straight up.  Plenty of time to look around and decide where to go next.  Having a bind for port max range straight ahead works well too.  Used to require a little timing to keep moving forward without clicking too soon and getting turned around, but now it's really forgiving and TP with binds is a lot easier to use.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

Jump_HighJump.png.864db247afae2249525adce6d03d45ea.png Double Jump

• New secondary (server tray) power
  • Timed toggle, 30 second duration (10s in PvP), 30 second cooldown shared with Jump Pack and Steam Jump
  • Allows you to jump to an unlimited height and jump again mid-air

Not seeing this on my MM at all. No server tray , no power

Edit: just realized it's the server tray not showing up that's the problem....not sure why it's not

Edited by SuperPlyx

• City Council
8 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

Not seeing this on my MM at all. No server tray , no power

Edit: just realized it's the server tray not showing up that's the problem....not sure why it's not

Right now they are sharing the Null the Gull flags with other powers (I believe SJ shares Mighty Leap's flag).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Right now they are sharing the Null the Gull flags with other powers (I believe SJ shares Mighty Leap's flag).

Not sure I understand this....sorry....I have super speed and super jump and combat jumping on my MM (dont judge me) ...and even activating super speed will not pop up the server tray for it's new power. I was thinking Gull did something with the server tray so went to the D to check and did not see an option to change anything

1 hour ago, Tigraine said:

I believe someone earlier suggested making the function disabled as the default, and needing to go to Null the Gull to turn it on.  The assumption of course being that this would require fewer trips to Null the Gull for people in total, but you'd have to poll some numbers to prove it one way or the other.

I think having it off by default is fine and would be my preference, as long as it's mentioned somewhere in-game along with how to turn it back on in an easy-to-find location (in the power description, for example) to prevent all the people wondering why it isn't working from making bug reports.

1 hour ago, Tigraine said:

I already did in my previous post.  SS stealth compensated for no vertical movement, to be able to navigate across maps.  It was not intended to give it a "mission ghost" ability, which is something above and beyond what a primary travel power is supposed to do (you know, "travel").

It may not have been originally intended as a mission ghost ability, but it certainly is one. The stealth component of Superspeed is more often why I take it than the horizontal movement speed is, and why I often skip the Concealment pool and just drop a stealth IO in Sprint if I don't have a layer of stealth elsewhere. Adding Speed Phase is likely to exacerbate this since Stealth is mutually exclusive with not just Infiltration but also the in-set stealth powers which provide more (in-combat) defense, while Superspeed works just fine.

• Like 1

• City Council
8 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

How will this work with the Kheldian shapeshift power trays?

Can't say for sure right now.

What I will say is that there will be a way to hide these trays. What I am not sure of yet is if we will be adding support to hide each of them individually - it's more likely it'll be wrapped up into a single option which hides all travel power related popup trays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council
10 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

Not sure I understand this....sorry....I have super speed and super jump and combat jumping on my MM (dont judge me) ...and even activating super speed will not pop up the server tray for it's new power. I was thinking Gull did something with the server tray so went to the D to check and did not see an option to change anything

It means that (I think) you have previously asked Null to hide a popup tray for Mighty Leap, which (I think) currently shares the same tray-disabling flag with Super Jump.

• Like 1

I couldn't see this in the known issues but for Super Jump there are two:

• If you move  Double Jump  from the bonus tray into your regular powers it disappears every time you rezone.
  • I couldn't see an option at Null the Gull to disable the bonus tray. 

4 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

The Flight Travel Power changes are on the beta shard for a reason. Having the animation of Hover take precedent over Fly appears to be the cause of yours and others stated dislike, perhaps this can be addressed in a subsequent Build as @Captain Powerhouse stated above. 

Messing with an existing power can be a mine field. Messing with multiple powers that work together is a minefield on top of another mine field.

Screwing around with the flight pool.. maybe a bad choice of hills to die on unless it was all buffs to existing powers. (Flight is pretty iconic for the super hero game)

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

47 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Beta

Fly+Evasive is 80.99

Live

Fly+AB is 72.95

Same character, no respec needed just simply copied from live to Beta.

Activating AB on Beta puts you at the 102 mph number

Its interesting you leave off

• Afterburner, now it looks unenhanceable
  • and Increase Recharge. (100% increase)
  • and now have to use 3 powers for what 2 did before..

There are pluses and misuses.

I also, again, think folks who were part of the closed testing should not be coming to the forum and piling on folks seeing this for the first time.

Just let folks post their concerns and experience. There is a official team to address them.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Like the new changes, but if we're taking a look at travel powers...

Any chance we can make it so Walk does not make you retoggle everything when you turn in on? I should be able to go from walking to not walking without losing all my toggles.

Secondly, would be nice to get more customization for hover, any chance i can get a hover  animation with beam rifle pointed forward similiar to the walking animation but while hovering?

7 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

I'm going to play around with different bind/macro alternatives later today to see what works best.

It might be as simple as: leave Hover on all the time, and simply toggle Fly off and on, so that its animation trumps the Hover animation.

Geez, I go away for a few hours and we're up to 11 pages?  I haven't read all those yet, but I did test things out.  Here's what I've learned:

1. Hover's animation trumps both Fly's  and Afterburner's animations.  It doesn't matter in what order you turn them on/off, or have them in a bind or macro, the Hover animation always wins.  Great for "Magneto Flight" fans, not so awesome for those who prefer it the other way 'round.
  2. My previous bind (/bind <key> "powexecname Hover$$powexecname Fly") appears to work the same as before: it imitates the mutually exclusive behavior that exists now in prod.  That bind will switch back and forth between Hover and Fly.  However, if you happen to already have both Hover and Fly active, hitting that macro will turn both off, too. 
  3. If you leave Hover on and toggle Fly on to run both, you get only the Hover animation.  But if you leave Fly on and toggle on Hover to run both, you switch between both animations.  Basically, you leave Fly on all the time, and just toggle Hover off/on as needed.

So here's my new Hover/Fly macro, which defaults to Fly "always on" and Hover "on-demand":

/bind <key> "powexecname Hover$$powexectoggleon Fly"

Basically, "powexecname" toggles the named power off and on with every key press, while "powexectoggleon" toggles on the named power without ever turning it off with each key press.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Thanks 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

9 minutes ago, Troo said:

I also, again, think folks who were part of the closed testing should not be coming to the forum and piling on folks seeing this for the first time.

Just let folks post their concerns and experience. There is a official team to address them.

How are you getting this from his example?

I think where people are getting hung up is in thinking that "Old Afterburner" is being replaced with "New Afterburner."  It's more accurate to say that "Old Afterburner" is being replaced by "Evasive" and "New Afterburner" is a brand new thing that sits like a cherry on top.  Evasive adds flight speed and is a toggle that runs all the time, it just lacks the only-affecting-self and adds some extra bonuses.  This is literally losing nothing and gaining a whole bunch, no matter how you look at it, even if you never touch the new afterburner button or slot anything into any of them beyond LotG or UTE's or whatever.

Also, chalk me up as a huge fan of Magneto Flight mode.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

They do not. The flight powers of Peacebringers do receive it, though.

I really feel like not granting the bright/dark Nova the flight speed boost is a poor decision.

The Nova is a naturally air-born and always air-born creature that, if anything, should be more
adept at air-travel than any hero or villain.

It currently feels terrible as a Nova to watch a team mate go flying past you with ease as you fail
your tail just to not be late.

I understand I could drop out of Nova and toggle on fly, or go Dwarf and just spam teleport, but it doesn't feel right.

Especially from RP perspective -- it just makes sense that in a Nova's natural environment, it should be able

to at least equal the flight speed of some bipedal species that simply occasionally take to the skies.

Nova is in no way too strong to buff the speed of. I would even go as far to suggest a reduced travel

suppression on the Nova's flight.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Developer
9 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

The graphic effects for the (new) Afterburner do not appear to be customizeable...  They don't appear separately in the Tailor menu and they don't inherit any color changes made at the Tailor.

I seem to be able to customize Afterburner. Can you try again after a zone or after re-logging? It seems that existing builds might need a zone or login to get the power to show everywhere (same seems to apply if you swap builds, at least the first time you do.)

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

A question about Masterminds and the Group Fly power. Would it be easy to add some method of making Group Fly, and by extension Team Teleport, affect only you and your pets?

Even with Null the Gull to let people opt out, whenever I use Group Fly on a team it hits someone and they complain. The option to take that decision on myself would be an absolute godsend for a MM player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Troo said:

You left off new Afterburner grants 47.775% strength to fly speed, which will buff your swift, fly and evasive maneuvers. Current Afterburner grants no buff to fly speeds, only increases the fly speed cap.

Unfortunately, folks are posting their concerns without substantial play testing. If there was any concern over the performance of new Fly versus current fly, they would see this is a buff almost all the way around.

The only legitimate concern I've seen in regards to changes is the fact old Afterburner always gives you a defense buff, although it is OAS. Now you only get defense out of combat with evasive maneuvers, but you are not stuck with OAS with AB or EM.

• Thanks 7

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn