Focused Feedback: Travel Power Updates (Build 1)

9 minutes ago, firelightx said:

I just tested it - the unenhanced speed is the same as before. They increased the caps, but not the base speed. So if you never put a flight speed enhance in the power, your movement will be the same as on live. 🙂

Ok that takes care of it for me - thank you so much for this.

• Like 2

Just echoing that it feels weird that Stealth and Infiltration can't be used together.  I understand that the stealth bonuses shouldn't stack, but it runs a bit against the changes made to other pools (e.g. SJ + CJ, Hover+Flight) and all of them + ninja/athletic/beast.  Especially insofar as SuperSpeed does not suffer the same penalty.

Edited by bigfashizzel
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

• Flight_Afterburner.png.9890bf9208f976be5c62e00f21c62b82.png Afterburner
      • Timed toggle, 30 second duration, 60 second cooldown

Wait, what?  

No thanks; I'd rather have the old Afterburner back.  It's a convenience issue, particularly when doing a lot of traveling, or if pausing and hanging out in a space for a bit before continuing on, to not have to rely on these sorts of cooldowns being ready or not.  

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

Jumping on this ASAP because it's important:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure any of the new powers that get their own tray (Afterburner) can be DISABLED at Null the Gull like extra tray powers (like Translocation) currently can, because that extra empty tray clogging up space is GARBAGE. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

(PS these changes are all really great, good job)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

Speed Phase

• New secondary (server tray) power
  • Toggle, moderate endurance cost
  • Removes collision with characters (ie: phase shift without being untargetable), and sets you to Only Affect Self
    • This allows you to pass through enemies, allies, civilians, cars, and even the Atlas Park blimp!
    • Note: as this power doesn't actually make you intangible, it doesn't trigger (and isn't affected by) the No Phase timer

Does that mean now we are able to walk through walls in mission maps or is it outdoor maps only?

Hey guys.  While I like the changes as a whole that you've undertaken here, I have to say that I do NOT like "flying" with the hover look.  I really really really don't like it which is why I never made a "hover blaster" (which is kind of popular).

Can we PLEASE make the toon fly normal if flight is toggled on or give an option in the tailor or something?  I shouldn't have to give up the benefits of hover just to fly normal.  Flying around the city in an "upright" position just looks plain silly to me.

Thanks in advance for reading...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

1 minute ago, Icecomet said:

Hey guys.  While I like the changes as a whole that you've undertaken here, I have to say that I do NOT like "flying" with the hover look.  I really really really don't like it which is why I never made a "hover blaster" (which is kind of popular).

Can we PLEASE make the toon fly normal if flight is toggled on or give an option in the tailor or something?  I shouldn't have to give up the benefits of hover just to fly normal.  Flying around the city in an "upright" position just looks plain silly to me.

I actually love flying while keeping hover animation. But I was under the impression hover and flight were mutually exclusive before, so there is no "giving up" anything. This is new territory, isn't it?

• Like 2

• Retired Game Master
Just now, Darkneblade said:

Does that mean now we are able to walk through walls in mission maps or is it outdoor maps only?

Not quite. Think 'entities' rather than 'world geometry'. Interior walls and buildings and so on remain the obstacle they ever did, but you'll be able to pass through enemies, cars, civilians...

• Like 2

Also, according to in game stats on the power icon, I am only flying at 39MPH whereas before I was at 83MPH with everything toggled on (its odd that hover description says flight -7.16MPH).  Is it just doing the math wrong or was my speed reduced by 2/3 ??

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

3 minutes ago, Monos King said:

I actually love flying while keeping hover animation. But I was under the impression hover and flight were mutually exclusive before, so there is no "giving up" anything. This is new territory, isn't it?

Exactly why I asked for a setting in the tailor or something to that effect, some people, like YOU will like the hover stance while others like ME will despise it.  They are no longer mutually exclusive and can be used simultaneously but doing so always puts you in that hover stance which just looks batty to me...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

33 minutes ago, GM Arcanum said:

The change is only applied to the Stealth Concealment Pool Power. It's taking Invisibility's stealth radius and applies it to the stealth power as Invisibility essentially no longer exists.

Doesn't this make Invisibility outright superior to the in powerset stealth powers? Cloak of Shadows and Pool Stealth are mutually exclusive powers, if you have one on you can't have the other.

According to Mids. (for Tanks)

Stealth Currently (Un-slotted)

35ft Stealth

5% Defense all

.33 End Per second.

Cloak of Darkness

35ft Stealth

5% Defense All

.29 Endurance a second.

Immob Protection

Perception Buff

This is adding a very potent amount of Stealth vs The Armor Version, as well as giving a mini-defense buff for the first attack that the character will receive in combat, compared to Immob Protection (which you can get for zero effective cost with Combat Jumping) and a Perception buff which is largely irrelevant except against a few specific mobs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thunderforce said:

It's unfortunate, I think, that Super Jump isn't really better than Mighty Leap now, in spite of the stated aim that classic travel powers should "be better at the core thing they do (running, flying,  jumping)". If anything, I think Mighty Leap has come out better, since jumping still faster and further seems more generally useful than slightly fiddly vertical mobility, the latter being available in a number of ways from the P2W Vendor.

From my testing, both Super Jump and Mighty Leap hit the same caps (101.8mph, 200ft height) with just 2 lvl 50 IOs (plus a level 50 in Hurdle)
So they're exactly the same in that regard.
Takeoff increases the speed cap to 110.39, so only a 9 MPH speed increase. And it doesn't increase the jump height at all. And that speed increase only has a 25% uptime.
Compared to Superjump, which now as a power that increases your jump height to infinity, with a 25% uptime

So I don't know if I'd go calling Mighty Leap 'better' per se.

• Like 1

Everlasting server

Main Characters: Vigilance, Firelight, Chameleon

Quick thought but coooould Group Fly get a pop-up tray power that allows toggling the fly component on and off for everyone else in the team/league?

That way, you can have a flying MM w/flying pets but that doesn't force everyone else to fly, unless they want too?  So, the default would be to have you and your pets fly, then toggle the pop-up power to enable the rest of your group to fly?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Teirusu said:

Quick thought but coooould Group Fly get a pop-up tray power that allows toggling the fly component on and off for everyone else in the team/league?

That way, you can have a flying MM w/flying pets but that doesn't force everyone else to fly, unless they want too?  So, the default would be to have you and your pets fly, then toggle the pop-up power to enable the rest of your group to fly?

You can already turn off Group Fly by talking with Null the Gull in Pocket D.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

They are no longer mutually exclusive and can be used simultaneously but doing so always puts you in that hover stance which just looks batty to me...

Well, the way I see it, previously when you wanted the benefits of the defense while flying, you accepted hovers animation and slow speed. And now, if you want that, you accept the same - except now you can get rid of the slow speed part. So nothings really changed.

I do think flight stances in general added to the tailor is a good idea though.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

Travel Power Stacking

• Almost all travel powers are no longer mutually exclusive and can be activated at the same time, but only the strongest buff of each type (run speed, jump speed, jump height, fly speed) will apply
    • This ensures that every power you pick or activate will only ever improve your mobility
  • Examples:
    • SuperSpeed_SuperSpeed.png.c7b0740d9fa4bdf6622415eef245128d.png Super Speed + Inherent_NinjaRun.png.1e5da8a40f3a6968a733d32dd0ddbcad.png Ninja Run
      • Previously: These powers couldn't be used together - if you turned on Super Speed, you lost the jump buff from Ninja Run
      • Now: You'll gain the run speed bonus of Super Speed and the jump bonus of Ninja Run (along with the cool pose!)
    • ForceofWill_MightyLeap.png.68958a297bf392684d4f96375d0e0a27.png Mighty Leap + Inherent_BeastRun.png.3145e09edb391b7a7a018386b1fc0b3b.png Beast Run
      • Previously: These powers couldn't be used together - if you turned on Mighty Leap, you lost the run speed buff from Beast Run
      • Now: You'll gain the jump bonus of Mighty Leap and the run speed bonus of Beast Run (along with the cool pose!)
    • Jump_LongJump.png.965618363ac8f16e7cc32209f5ee6b1c.png Super Jump + jump_combatjump.png.4a6f49a8ce8b92f13594c0c742cf3ffd.png Combat Jumping
      • Previously: These powers couldn't be used together - you had to choose between Super Jump's speed and Combat Jumping's defensive buff
      • Now: You'll gain the jump bonus of Super Jump along with the defensive buffs of Combat Jumping
    • Flight_TravelFlight.png.74244b2f884386eb35f8ac9428278017.png Fly + flight_combatflight.png.c5103d219b0511d0703390a1030c9f32.png Hover
      • Previously: These powers couldn't be used together - you had to choose between Fly's speed and Hover's defensive buff
      • Now: You'll gain the fly speed of Fly, along with the air control and defensive bonus of Hover
  • Some exceptions:
    • Prestige Run powers (Ninja Run, Beast Run, Athletic Run) are still mutually exclusive with each other
    • Temporary jetpacks are still mutually exclusive with each other
    • Sprint powers still stack with other run speed buffs and are still mutually exclusive with each other
  • Click buffs (eg: Inertial Reduction), external buffs (eg: Speed Boost), and auto powers (eg: Swift) still stack as they did before

Prestige & Temporary Powers

• Inherent_NinjaRun.png.1e5da8a40f3a6968a733d32dd0ddbcad.png Ninja Run + Inherent_BeastRun.png.3145e09edb391b7a7a018386b1fc0b3b.png Beast Run +  Inherent_AthleticRun.png.21dd485cd3d8e51152ae33a4c1a86489.png Athletic Run + temporary_mayhem_selfflight.png.4b3bb802b2c42437cbbb12a087fe9131.png Temporary Jetpacks
    • All travel speeds remain unchanged
    • Normalized endurance costs to 0.57/s (slightly higher than Fly at 0.46/s)
      • These weren't consistent before - most were lower, some were higher
      • The PvP jetpack has not been modified and still has a 2.0/s endurance cost
    • These powers no longer benefit from global endurance discounts

Super Leap and Combat Jumping are currently mutually exclusive not just with each other, but also the Prestige Run powers. Not a big thing, but it is annoying to have to toggle Combat Jumping and a Prestige Run between fights.

Since it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the post... Will those be stackable now as well, or will they remain exclusive?

• Retired Game Master
Just now, Miltonaut said:

Super Leap and Combat Jumping are currently mutually exclusive not just with each other, but also the Prestige Run powers. Not a big thing, but it is annoying to have to toggle Combat Jumping and a Prestige Run between fights.

Since it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the post... Will those be stackable now as well, or will they remain exclusive?

They're all stackable! You can have a whole lot of them running at once - the strongest of each buff is the only one that applies.

• Like 1

The "short duration" of afterburner now, in my view, makes it about worthless.  If you can't even cross 1 zone, much less really enjoy the benefit in a place like shadow shard, then I personally don't see the point.  Either make it a toggle like before or simply remove it, but a duration where it is adds little value to flying a bit faster for a few seconds...

Edited by Icecomet
  • Like 9

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

5 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

I like the Hover animation, but it does look kind of silly when you're outrunning cars (normal-speed ones, not the old ladies in Paragon City).

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

2 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

The "short duration" of afterburner now, in my view, makes it about worthless.  If you can't even cross 1 zone, much less really enjoy the benefit in a place like shadow shard, then I personally don't see the point.  Either make it a toggle like before or simply remove it, but a duration where it is adds little value to flying a bit faster for a few seconds...

You do realize that Fly on its own can get to the same speed as Afterburner before the change, right?  The new Afterburner just gives an even bigger speed boost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Question: What, if any, is the intended animation override between fly, hover, and the flypose animations?

Related Observation: As it is currently, hover will override the normal fly animation, but if you're in a flypose, the hover animation will NOT override it.

Other feedback: While I appreciate the speed increases, there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for speed buffs (siphon speed, speed boost, Accelerate metabolism, etc) to have much meaningful effect. Heck, trying it out, I actually SLOW DOWN for several seconds when using siphon speed (animation rooting, I guess?). The patch notes SAY that now these things matter, but toggling on all 4 powers caps my fly speed. I think it would be nice if outside speed buffs maybe gave a small buff to the speed caps, also, if only by a few percentage points, so that it feels "worth it" to siphon speed a dude before hitting afterburner and taking off. Without Afterburner, then yes, Siphon speed improves my speed, but only after losing a lot of it first.

The application of flight speed buffs and suppression is also either whacked, or just the recording of it in the combat attributes. The number jumps up and down all during combat, though my speed cap does return just as the last bad guy dies.

(Note: the character I tested this on doesn't have any fly speed enhancements in the flight powers, just one inf Swift, but does have a Large movement increase and a Moderate movement increase in her set bonuses, totaling 1.93 mph)

As for Evasive Maneuvers... I feel like there's some overlap and toe-stepping going on with Hover. What's the intended use of two defensive powers that make flying easier and more maneuverable and give a defense buff (except EM loses its defense buff when in combat... which makes no sense to me? If you're practicing "evasive maneuvers", you're in a dog-fight and fighting back). Also, lol at the name, guess we're turning into STO now =D

I mean, is the intended goal for EM to be an "oh crap" button to toggle on and get you out of a jam? Doesn't seem like it works that way if it waits for you to not be in combat for 5 seconds. The defense cooldown is also affected by being mezzed (either that, or the effect is suppressed), which is when you probably really really need that extra defense the most. Is it to be turned on while flying through a dangerous area so you don't get sniped or ambushed? What's the point of taking it over hover, or vice versa, besides as an LoTG mule?

Afterburner also doesn't always work. In the attached screenshot, I have all 4 fly powers running, yet my flight speed is only 77. This seems to happen just after I zone: one of the fly speed buffs doesn't want to work. I have to turn everything off then back on for the correct values and speed to be applied (this wasn't just a display error, i was actually moving slower. I'd show proof but, no videos allowed 😃 )

ADDENDUM/EDIT: It's Evasive Maneuvers' +fly that doesn't carry over. Afterburner just increases fly speed and isn't listed as it's own buff in the combat monitor. Dunno if that's one bug or two =/

Afterburnerbug.jpg

Edited by EmperorSteele
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

Wait, what?  

No thanks; I'd rather have the old Afterburner back.  It's a convenience issue, particularly when doing a lot of traveling, or if pausing and hanging out in a space for a bit before continuing on, to not have to rely on these sorts of cooldowns being ready or not.  

You get better than the old AB in the new Evasive Maneuvers. Fly+EM with nothing slotted will put you at 87.95mph fly speed. On Live Fly+AB slotted with a level 50 flight in each will put you at 79.02mph, to match what you now get in Fly+EM you would need to run Fly+AB+Steam Jump/Jump Pack. AB will now bump you up to 102.27mph for 30 seconds. 

• Like 4