Focused Feedback: Travel Power Updates (Build 1)

3 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

SuperSpeed_SpeedPhase.png.be2bac846fa85fc6ccc538976819a9c0.png Speed Phase

Popcorn.gif.992d9cd9d0322498cca0a6de144413fa.gif

I did not see this coming..

• Haha 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

With the higher speed caps, Speed Boost is going to be much worse for most people, in caves, and possibly even more places. There needs to be an easier way to turn off its effects situationally than visiting Null the Gull. Could we get a slash command to toggle this?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andreah said:

With the higher speed caps, Speed Boost is going to be much worse for most people, in caves, and possibly even more places. There needs to be an easier way to turn off its effects situationally than visiting Null the Gull. Could we get a slash command to toggle this?

If you turn off your "actual" travel power the old caps will still apply.

• Like 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 3/13/2021 at 11:54 AM, Sovera said:

I also don't much see the point of Defensive Maneuvers. It's way way way too expensive for what it does. 0.52 for knockback resistance (someone correct me if wrong but all this does is diminish the distance we are knocked back, but since we are flying we are not knocked back, we just do a lil somersault in the air, so what does knockback resistance actually do in this scenario?), a bit more speed, and defense that disappears if in combat.

What is the use of this if I can use Fly combined with Hover for 0.46, get more speed, lose the defense but what is the point of defense if not fighting, and the knockback resistance. Perhaps if it was knockback -defense- which -prevents- knockbacks, yes, but at 0.56, booyah. It would need to have a pretty damn good magnitude to compensate the cost (again, who has the slots to faff around with endurance reduction on a niche power?).

I'm happy to still have my LotG mule choice since i wouldn't have the pool choice to pick other lotG mules, but the way it is built now it is just that. a mule, for no purpose in actual game.

Edit: Booper answered above of the use that knockback resistance has when combined with KB protection. Still, not all builds can afford another 0.52 toggle (and most builds already have a near full tray of toggles to begin with).

I plan to make a lot of use out of Evasive Maneuvers.  You can use it for knockback resistance, which is great for Electric Armor.  Endurance also isn't an issue for Electric Armor.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, macskull said:

If you turn off your "actual" travel power the old caps will still apply.

So as long as they don't have super-speed turned on, if my kin speed boosts a person in a cave, they won't smash into walls at 120 mph, only at 90 mph? Good.

Honestly, a slash command that toggled the effect would still be very welcome. 😄

• Haha 1

Jump_HighJump.png.864db247afae2249525adce6d03d45ea.png Double Jump

• New secondary (server tray) power
  • Timed toggle, 30 second duration (10s in PvP), 30 second cooldown shared with Jump Pack and Steam Jump
  • Allows you to jump to an unlimited height and jump again mid-air

Oooo we can jump unlimited heights and i guess distances now?

Teleportation_RecallTeleport1.png.e272eacb06c73f3f512fc27ef8e5249b.png Teleport Target

• The following changes have been made when teleporting allies only (the teleport foe component remains unchanged);
    • Removed the 4s interrupt window, significantly speeding up the activation time
    • Increased the recharge by 4s
    • These two changes combined result in the total time between teleports being the same if you have no recharge buffs or enhancements - but it will much faster if you slot for (or are buffed for) recharge

Question: Did the teleport foe while targeting through another player get addressed or did I miss it?

Also, the stacking travel powers is pretty awesome for theme and function. (well done!! good job!)

spacer.png

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1) Please note that while Speed Phase does not limit attacks on you, it does still cause Masterminds to be unable to issue commands to pets. Not good and, as far as I can tell, not as intended.

2) Jumping using the Momentum Jump mechanic of Super Speed does not give any air control (likely intentional since that's logical) but also causes the jumper to take damage upon landing. I'm hoping that last part is not intentional.

Coyote

Edited by Shaman Coyote
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Apparition said:

You do realize that Fly on its own can get to the same speed as Afterburner before the change, right?  The new Afterburner just gives an even bigger speed boost.

Yes, and the short duration of Afterburner is absolutely pointless.  Congratulations on making another pool power creation that absolutely nobody will take (and by nobody, I mean the masses, sure there are a few freaks out there that might, but who'd waste a valuable power selection on something that lasts a few seconds related to travel speed?).  It's now relegated to the bench as a useful power much like phase shift.  I don't see why we'd want to make a pool power into something NOBODY in their right mind would waste a power on, unless somebody has a concept of "Travel Man" that only has pool travel powers and brawl!  Historically, we are solicited as to how to make pool powers "more attractive" and this isn't it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 10

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

4 minutes ago, Shaman Coyote said:

Please note that while Speed Phase does not limit attacks on you, it does still cause Masterminds to be unable to issue commands to pets. Not good and, as far as I can tell, not as intended.

Coyote

This is WAI, Speed Phase puts you into "only affect self" which means you cannot perform any actions that affect other targets (including pets).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Icecomet said:

Yes, and the short duration of Afterburner is absolutely pointless.  Congratulations on making another pool power creation that absolutely nobody will take (and by nobody, I mean the masses, sure there are a few freaks out there that might, but who'd waste a valuable power selection on something that lasts a few seconds related to travel speed?).  It's now relegated to the bench as a useful power much like phase shift.  I don't see why we'd want to make a pool power into something NOBODY in their right mind would waste a power on, unless somebody has a concept of "Travel Man" that only has pool travel powers and brawl!  Historically, we are solicited as to how to make pool powers "more attractive" and this isn't it.

You... do realize that Afterburner is now automatically granted when you take Fly, right?

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, Snowdaze said:

I have some concern over Evasive Maneuvers adding more -fly protection. In PVP Fly is a huge advantage over non-flyers, and if it is going to be more difficult in using the limited amount of available -fly powers on them it might be a Huge balance issue.

Personally, any PvP'er should have multiple builds and their PvP build might include fly as a form of pursuit.  Also, with the additions to defense, they're now more attractive to more people.

These kinds of arguments about pools are lost on me because they are pool powers, everybody has access to them.  If you don't like fly on your toon, then you've made a choice to not fly, but that can easily be rectified with a respec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

28 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

I don't normally slot these with fly speed though.  Fly gets Zephyr's KB protection, and Afterburner gets a LotG Recharge.

So you'll be ahead movement speedwise in the new system. You'll no longer take AB since it's a server tray power. You'll replace with AB with EM, which will take your LotG Recharge and when toggled on make you fly faster than you used  to fly with AB turned on and when you really want to go fast you can hit AB now and bump all the way up to 102mph. It's a netgain for you 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

You don't pick the power....

The power picks YOU.   *big eyes"

• Haha 4

• Developer
1 hour ago, Icecomet said:

Hey guys.  While I like the changes as a whole that you've undertaken here, I have to say that I do NOT like "flying" with the hover look.  I really really really don't like it which is why I never made a "hover blaster" (which is kind of popular).

Can we PLEASE make the toon fly normal if flight is toggled on or give an option in the tailor or something?  I shouldn't have to give up the benefits of hover just to fly normal.  Flying around the city in an "upright" position just looks plain silly to me.

Thanks in advance for reading...

At this point this is a limitation of the implementation, only way around it is just not running both, hover and fly at once. If I can figure a means to do it that dont involve removing the animation from hover, it will be done, but cant promise that at this point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

22 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Still, not all builds can afford another 0.52 toggle (and most builds already have a near full tray of toggles to begin with).

It is expensive but it's also standard. Acrobatics does less but costs the same. Whirlwind and Phase shift cost more (there are probably other pool toggles I'm forgetting)

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 minute ago, macskull said:

This is WAI, Speed Phase puts you into "only affect self" which means you cannot perform any actions that affect other targets (including pets).

I understand it's working as the OAS is normally intended. What I'm saying has two real parts: First: Why? OAS is meant to stop you from attacking when you can't be attacked but for this you can be attacked so why should you be OAS? Second: You use any powers (even self-affecting) when shape-changed to a Coyote for the shape-changing movement power but you can be attacked and give pet commands and therefore this should be in the same category.

Thank you for the dialog!

1 minute ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

At this point this is a limitation of the implementation, only way around it is just not running both, hover and fly at once. If I can figure a means to do it that dont involve removing the animation from hover, it will be done, but cant promise that at this point.

Some love the Hover pose for fly speeds (Magneto fans perhaps?). So if something does change, try to keep Hover as an option for fly, perhaps make it a 5th fly pose

• Thanks 3

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• Developer
10 minutes ago, Shaman Coyote said:

1) Please note that while Speed Phase does not limit attacks on you, it does still cause Masterminds to be unable to issue commands to pets. Not good and, as far as I can tell, not as intended.

Speed Phase is mostly a convenience tool that allows you to run through enemies or allies, even on very tightly packed corridors. It is not intended as a combat tool, or a safety tool.

• Like 4

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

2 minutes ago, macskull said:

You... do realize that Afterburner is now automatically granted when you take Fly, right?

No, didn't realize that, but, really, aside from having to spend a power on it now, its still USELESS!, OMG, a 30 second flight increase with a 60 second cool down.  It's as worthless as that jump pack at the p2w vendor, in MY opinion.  But that aside, my main concern is the ridiculous "hover" look while in flight mode.  flight mode should override the hover look and only when hover alone is used should the hover look be engaged, again, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Just now, Shaman Coyote said:

I understand it's working as the OAS is normally intended. What I'm saying has two real parts: First: Why? OAS is meant to stop you from attacking when you can't be attacked but for this you can be attacked so why should you be OAS? Second: You use any powers (even self-affecting) when shape-changed to a Coyote for the shape-changing movement power but you can be attacked and give pet commands and therefore this should be in the same category.

Thank you for the dialog!

Honestly being able to use any powers while shapeshifted like that is probably an oversight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

That's great, thanks for the feedback on that, personally I'd vote for the hover animation removal in lieu of the actual flight stance look.  Hover looking like Fly (like it was originally on live) is perfectly fine with me!!

• Thanks 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs: