Focused Feedback: Travel Power Updates (Build 1)

2 minutes ago, Tigraine said:

Which is still two clicks/key presses, so zero improvement.

Yeah you'll have to look to Rath for existing means to circumvent that, I was just pitching off the top of my head.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

OK, so, concealment.

The biggest issue here, to me, is that we lost Invisibility, for two reasons -

1. Both stealths (the stealth and the new travel power) have a 35ish foot PVE radius, versus Invisibility's 55 (ish) foot. Which means that, unlike Invisibility, I can't just walk up to a mob and - Perception buffs or ignoring invis (like Rikti drones) aside - not be noticed.  (Example, live, walking up and firing off a nuke or rain.)

2. There's no power making you *invisible.* You're now translucent. OK, yes, aesthetic thing, but it fit some characters.  You can make others invisible with Grant Invisibility, or be Illusion or a stalker, but it's been lost for everyone else.

Potential Suggestions:

1. +Stealth IO/enhancement, only works in Stealth powers. Boosts stealth range.

2. Celerity +Stealth. However, I don't consider this ideal because I may not *want* the movement boost from Infiltration.  (Plus, for the second point, it doesn't do anything for the "I'm invisible!" aspect.) I suspect this will happen quite a bit. Especially for those who like toe-bombing.

3. Remove the exclusivity between stealth and infiltration - again, wouldn't change the graphical aspect of it.

4. Grant Invisibility becomes a self-affecting toggle. (May annoy teammates.)

CAN the graphical aspect of being *invisible* (with the aura) be put in as an option, at the very least?

I know there are tailor settings for this very thing in the tailor for my /dev blaster, I actually turned off the invisibility aspect of her toggle so she's just be translucent on the screen, so while I have no experience with the powers you mentioned, it can clearly be accomplished via tailor if they choose to implement it...

• Like 1

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

18 minutes ago, macskull said:

The easiest way to deal with a flying character in PvP if you don't have any -fly is to just ignore them, since flight is so much slower than other travel power speeds.

If they become too much of a nuisance players can also purchase PvP zone fakkolade crey pistol or web nade temp.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, Icecomet said:

I know there are tailor settings for this very thing in the tailor for my /dev blaster, I actually turned off the invisibility aspect of her toggle so she's just be translucent on the screen, so while I have no experience with the powers you mentioned, it can clearly be accomplished via tailor if they choose to implement it...

Yeah. I didn't see one in the tailor.

My concern with that, coming to think of it, is that people may take it and think they *are* (current-level) invisible... which they aren't, other than aesthetically.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

If they become too much of a nuisance players can also purchase PvP zone fakkolade crey pistol or web nade temp.

the issue is Evasive Maneuvers supposedly adds more -fly protection. Also the crey pistol doesn't have -fly to my knowledge.

Edited by Snowdaze

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

16 minutes ago, Greycat said:

OK, so, concealment.

1. Both stealths (the stealth and the new travel power) have a 35ish foot PVE radius, versus Invisibility's 55 (ish) foot. Which means that, unlike Invisibility, I can't just walk up to a mob and - Perception buffs or ignoring invis (like Rikti drones) aside - not be noticed.  (Example, live, walking up and firing off a nuke or rain.)

The PvE stealth radius of Stealth is now 55'. Confirmed in game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Greycat said:

OK, so, concealment.

2. There's no power making you *invisible.* You're now translucent. OK, yes, aesthetic thing, but it fit some characters.  You can make others invisible with Grant Invisibility, or be Illusion or a stalker, but it's been lost for everyone else.

Potential Suggestions:

1. +Stealth IO/enhancement, only works in Stealth powers. Boosts stealth range.

2. Celerity +Stealth. However, I don't consider this ideal because I may not *want* the movement boost from Infiltration.  (Plus, for the second point, it doesn't do anything for the "I'm invisible!" aspect.) I suspect this will happen quite a bit. Especially for those who like toe-bombing.

3. Remove the exclusivity between stealth and infiltration - again, wouldn't change the graphical aspect of it.

4. Grant Invisibility becomes a self-affecting toggle. (May annoy teammates.)

CAN the graphical aspect of being *invisible* (with the aura) be put in as an option, at the very least?

Well the answer to your first point is in the patch notes 

Stealth radius increased to match the numbers Invisibility had before this patch

• PvE radius has increased from 36ft to 55ft
  • Like 1

This is not the City of Heroes that you remember ,  it is a new game built on what we were forced to leave behind.  Change is going to happen , because Homecoming is not your personal museum to hold your nostalgic torch too.   It has active development and will continue to evolve just like the City of Heroes we knew was changing and evolving and was about to change in massive ways.  

Forum Post count does not = Game Intelligence or Knowledge  it just shows how often people like to talk.

Just tested Double Jump... and OMG!  I could almost reach the flight ceiling and covered 1725 yards horizontally* (vice 404 with it off). 

I. Am. Lovin'. It.

* Started testing in Bricks, had to move to IP because I could jump War Wall to War Wall (N-S) in Bricks...

• Like 5

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

With all of these changes it would be nice to have some additional enhancement slots thrown in to be able to take advantage of the new benefits. As it stands, I could not think of a single character I have where I can steal a slot from a power in order to get my flying faster. In theory it sounds great but potentially just one more power I will wish I had a couple extra enhancement slots to use on, but will be frustrated that I don't. How about devising a slotting system exclusive to the travel pool sets that would allow us to take advantage of the benefits without stealing slots from our main power pools. I currently have no issues with the travel power pools the way they are right now, but if people have been asking for changes, I will say it's nice that you have listened. For me, I don't really see any changes I will be concerned with either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Flambouyant said:

With all of these changes it would be nice to have some additional enhancement slots thrown in to be able to take advantage of the new benefits. As it stands, I could not think of a single character I have where I can steal a slot from a power in order to get my flying faster. In theory it sounds great but potentially just one more power I will wish I had a couple extra enhancement slots to use on, but will be frustrated that I don't. How about devising a slotting system exclusive to the travel pool sets that would allow us to take advantage of the benefits without stealing slots from our main power pools. I currently have no issues with the travel power pools the way they are right now, but if people have been asking for changes, I will say it's nice that you have listened. For me, I don't really see any changes I will be concerned with either way.

That's the balance of it all, if you want more speed you are gunna need to make a cut somewhere else so you can enhance, otherwise it's just a minor QoL change. If you give people more slots they still wont use them on travel powers they will enhance everything and anything before they enhance the travel power.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Templarstone said:

Well the answer to your first point is in the patch notes 

Stealth radius increased to match the numbers Invisibility had before this patch

• PvE radius has increased from 36ft to 55ft

Well, then that isn't working, because (a) both of them show 35-36 feet and (b) enemies react just like they do with current stealth, instead of invisibility.

I *did* go test and compare, after all, before posting what I did. I invite you to do the same - Use a second build on someone on live that's at least level 14, take both Stealth and Invis. Look at the numbers in the power monitor. Walk up to even level mobs with stealth - they will notice you and react. Switch to invisibility, find a new set (or wait for them to de-aggro,) notice they don't.

Transfer character to test. Get stealth and infiltration. Do the same test, look at the power monitor. Power monitor shows the same (1 ft difference, actually) numbers. And the mobs react the exact same way - they aggro when you're on them with both powers.

Like I said, I *did* test this. (Which also leads to the point on the celerity IO. Also tested.)

Edit: And I went back and retested. I have no idea what happened that gave me the short radius on both powers during my first test. I didn't have a taunt/damage aura up, and combat monitor showed the short radius on both the first time. Going back in, I got the longer radius. I'll see later if I can figure out a way to reproduce it, but.... odd. Original post updated.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

45 minutes ago, Shaman Coyote said:

The PvE stealth radius of Stealth is now 55'. Confirmed in game.

So I went back in. Having two people mention this means I need to look again.

I have no idea what happened. I was getting a 1' difference between the two when I wrote that, with mobs aggroing on both (no aura that should taunt or anything similar.)  And getting them to aggro by just standing there (no auras, etc. that could taunt.)

And now I'm not. And seeing the above-mentioned stealth radius.

So... all right, disregard that portion. :D

Edit... though, I'm going to test and see if it happens on making a second build, since that's the way I did it on the first test.

Edit 2: Nope. Did a second build on a second character, got the different radii. I have no explanation.

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I never tried. I always thought they didn't.

Maybe it was Combat Jumping and Super Speed?  I was never one to really use either of those travel powers, but now that I can make Ninja Run and Super Speed combine, likely to change!

3 hours ago, GM Lines said:

Yup! You can place afterburner in your trays and switch off the server tray. It'll be greyed out while fly isn't active.

54 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

Also, not a fan of the incessant "popping up" a 4th power tray when I activate fly.  I've lobbied previously to add additional anchored power trays which is certainly something I know would appeal to more than just me.

See above quote

12 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I never tried. I always thought they didn't.

They did always stack as they were two separate pools.  Running SS+Sj  was common for those i ran with often and myself

• Like 2

This is not the City of Heroes that you remember ,  it is a new game built on what we were forced to leave behind.  Change is going to happen , because Homecoming is not your personal museum to hold your nostalgic torch too.   It has active development and will continue to evolve just like the City of Heroes we knew was changing and evolving and was about to change in massive ways.  

Forum Post count does not = Game Intelligence or Knowledge  it just shows how often people like to talk.

34 minutes ago, Snowdaze said:

That's the balance of it all, if you want more speed you are gunna need to make a cut somewhere else so you can enhance, otherwise it's just a minor QoL change. If you give people more slots they still wont use them on travel powers they will enhance everything and anything before they enhance the travel power.

Right that's why I mentioned potentially developing some type of slotting system designed specifically to travel powers. We probably all would like to 6 slot everything so I'm not begging for that. But for future use, maybe a way to win a travel power slot somehow that would be exclusive to those sets.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Just tested Double Jump... and OMG!  I could almost reach the flight ceiling and covered 1725 yards horizontally* (vice 404 with it off). 

I. Am. Lovin'. It.

* Started testing in Bricks, had to move to IP because I could jump War Wall to War Wall (N-S) in Bricks...

Yep, just got done testing it and with Double Jump active I could cross from one end of Atlas to the other in one leap. Very cool addition.

2 minutes ago, Flambouyant said:

Right that's why I mentioned potentially developing some type of slotting system designed specifically to travel powers. We probably all would like to 6 slot everything so I'm not begging for that. But for future use, maybe a way to win a travel power slot somehow that would be exclusive to those sets.

Problem is it may seem like a simple ask, but what you are asking for is likely a complete redesign of a core system in the game. Which would very likely lead to HUGE bugs and potentially topple the Jenga style code. That is why they choose to modify individual powers. if you want more Speed you are very much going to have to pick a different travel, use some enhancement slots, find some set bonus', choose a different alpha, or use some enchantment table buffs. And it will likely be that way for a long long long time.

Just now, Glacier Peak said:

Nullifier (PvP Crey Pistol Fakkolade) does 1.60 fly protection for 15.00s on target in addition to the -30% fly speed for 18.00s on target.

fair enough, that alone isnt enough to even bring down hover. Now if there is the same recharge on the Fakkolade (I have not bought or used them so I dont know), it is effectively useless on it's own to bring down a foe using -fly protection.