Focused Feedback: Travel Power Updates (Build 1)

3 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Yeah the PvP Web Nade Temp is certainly aggressive with a Mag 10 -Fly and recharge time of 4 seconds - were you able to discern whether it's effects stack? I know they last 15 seconds, so if you could use 4 in a row, would that hit Mag 40 -Fly?

I think the -fly does stack but the -flyspeed does not.

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Hmm. I have a lvl 43 Natural Scrapper (Street Fighting/Ninjutsu) alt I've been putting off getting to 50 because I wanted to wait for "Utility Belt" He actually doesn't HAVE a travel power. He just has Ninja Run (Ninjutsu run/jump stuff) and a hoverboard. This was to go along with being a "normal" human. With these relative improvement to travel powers (vs Ninja Run and hoverboard) though, and it sounding like Utility Belt is still WAY off, I guess I should consider getting him a travel power. What travel power do you guys get for normal humans. A few of mine have various costume "jet backs" so I got them fly. this guy has a cape though. I suppose he might have a "borrowed" teleport device like Manticore.

Any suggestions?

I generally don't do a lot of RP but I don't do a power unless I can think of some kind of "logical" explanation for it character-wise. Even if the numbers are good, I got to have SOME level of head-cannon that makes it work. 

46 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

As an aside, I noticed that the description of Evasive Maneuvers indicates Res(-Fly), however, the Detailed Info tab lacks it's stated Fly resistance:

Be sure and submit a bug report in the Beta Bug forum...  Bug reports tend to get lost in these busy threads.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/54-homecoming-beta-bug-reports/

38 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Great question! Super Jump now has a Server Tray power called Double Jump which acts like the Jumpack/Steampack P2W power for 30 seconds (10 in pvp zone) to give it more verticality, perhaps even on par with Fly if given a decently high platform or second jump location. Super Jump also has an added maneuverability that Fly doesn't quite match in terms of falling speed and horizontal movement. 

You don't need a second jump location...  With Double Jump active you can "jump in mid air" - I.E. if you keep hitting the spacebar, you keep jumping (gaining altitude).  Starting from ground level, you can get about 98-99% of the way to the flight ceiling.  I think it's safe to say that if you have a clear jump/travel path, there's (now) almost nowhere you can go with Flight that you can't reach with Super Jump.

That being said, Flight still has a variety of advantages.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• Retired Game Master
1 minute ago, the_visviva said:

Hmm. I have a lvl 43 Natural Scrapper (Street Fighting/Ninjutsu) alt I've been putting off getting to 50 because I wanted to wait for "Utility Belt" He actually doesn't HAVE a travel power. He just has Ninja Run (Ninjutsu run/jump stuff) and a hoverboard. This was to go along with being a "normal" human. With these relative improvement to travel powers (vs Ninja Run and hoverboard) though, and it sounding like Utility Belt is still WAY off, I guess I should consider getting him a travel power. What travel power do you guys get for normal humans. A few of mine have various costume "jet backs" so I got them fly. this guy has a cape though. I suppose he might have a "borrowed" teleport device like Manticore.

Have you given the new Infiltration power in concealment a try on beta? It's in line with what Freerunning was envisioned to be.

1 minute ago, the_visviva said:

Any suggestions?

I generally don't do a lot of RP but I don't do a power unless I can think of some kind of "logical" explanation for it character-wise. Even if the numbers are good, I got to have SOME level of head-cannon that makes it work. 

Honestly with these travel powers changes and the addition of Infiltration in the concealment pool I wouldn't be surprised if Utility Belt never sees the light of day (or is heavily modified by the time it does).

• Sad 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Just now, GM Lines said:

Have you given the new Infiltration power in concealment a try on beta? It's in line with what Freerunning was envisioned to be.

IIRC Infiltration will not work with Shinobi, since both grant stealth.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

4 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Be sure and submit a bug report in the Beta Bug forum...  Bug reports tend to get lost in these busy threads.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/54-homecoming-beta-bug-reports/

You don't need a second jump location...  With Double Jump active you can "jump in mid air" - I.E. if you keep hitting the spacebar, you keep jumping (gaining altitude).  Starting from ground level, you can get about 98-99% of the way to the flight ceiling.  I think it's safe to say that if you have a clear jump/travel path, there's (now) almost nowhere you can go with Flight that you can't reach with Super Jump.

That being said, Flight still has a variety of advantages.

Ah good idea, I'll post it in the Beta Bug Forum. 

As for second jump location, it was a bit confusing on my part. The power is called double jump, but as you stated you can successfully jump in mid-air MULTIPLE times for 30 second (essentially mimicking JumpPack or Steam Jump Jet).

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

17 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm really struggling to understand what you're trying to say here.

You already had Fly.

Fly now makes you as fast as Fly + Afterburner used to.

You can optionally also use the new version of Afterburner (a free power that you do not need to pick or slot) to go even faster.

Evasive Maneuvers isn't a travel power. It's a defensive combat mobility power. It's not needed to go fast, so if you only care about travelling and going fast, you can pretend it doesn't exist.

The new speed that Afterburner takes you to isn't appropriate as a permenant Fly speed in order to keep the various travel powers balanced.

Your existing slotting will either have you be as fast, or faster, than before, both with and without activating the new version of Afterburner.

Fly alone does not make us faster than old fly + AB (unless you're thinking of new Fly slotted up, but who has spare slots for that anyway?).

Old Fly + AB = 72.95

New Fly alone = 61.49

Fly + Defensive maneuvers = 87-ish

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I'm starting to think this is trolling. I don't like the new Afterburner either, but even I understand we did not lose anything.

No, in fact, it is not trolling. The fact you think adding an annoying mechanic to afterbuner means you don't understand my frustration.

To keep this as a constructive (and different) point, why not just change after burner to be a toggle that stays on... and then suppresses after a while? So I don't have to micro-manage clicking a toggle in a popup tray that isn't on my regular power tray?

[edit] Heck, if you can make it that clicking on Afterburner when it is dragged into the regular trays and activates fly too, that would be awesome. That would be one less click at times.

Edited by arthurh35353

7 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

Travel Power Updates

This update brings a wide range of buffs for travel pools, a brand new travel power (as part of an update to the Concealment pool), and some mechanical improvements to how travel powers work. Our goals with these changes were as follows:

1. Real travel powers (ie: actual power picks) should always be a significant step up over the free options (free jet packs should not be almost the same speed as Fly at level 50)
  2. Real travel powers should never cause you to lose something you've already got (turning on Super Speed shouldn't cause you to lose Ninja Run's jump buff)
  3. Classic travel powers (Fly, Super Speed, etc) should be on even footing with Origin Pool travel powers - and ideally, be better at the core thing they do (running, flying,  jumping)
  4. Slotting travel powers for speed should actually matter (looking at you, Fly)
  5. Free (prestige / temporary) travel powers shouldn't be made any slower than they are currently, but the gap between free and real travel powers needs to be made clear - the result being that real travel powers are now much faster (by boosting you above the standard speed caps), and free travel powers now cost more endurance than real travel powers

Note: This pass is primarily aimed at the mobility of each set - other aspects (ie: the attacks) were not in the scope of these changes, but may be looked at in the future.

So, I read this and I got kind of excited because I thought that a lot of my issues with the update to the Teleportation power pool and free gift of the Long Distance Teleport power were going to be addressed since the changes 1) made me lose my original destination spots for Long Distance Teleport and regulated me to settling for the Base Portals in most zones, and 2) made my dedicated teleporters basically just as good at navigating inter-zone travel as everyone else's free power (which, hey, great QOL change for everyone else, but shouldn't my Flash-but-for-teleportation-instead-of-superspeed have a bit of an edge?) I'm a little sad to see that there wasn't some modification to bring those options back, or possibly the ability to modify destinations. (Though I still wanna stress that I think Combat Teleport is amazing!)

7 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

Pool: Teleportation

• Teleportation_RecallTeleport1.png.e272eacb06c73f3f512fc27ef8e5249b.png Teleport Target
    • The following changes have been made when teleporting allies only (the teleport foe component remains unchanged);
      • Removed the 4s interrupt window, significantly speeding up the activation time
      • Increased the recharge by 4s
      • These two changes combined result in the total time between teleports being the same if you have no recharge buffs or enhancements - but it will much faster if you slot for (or are buffed for) recharge
  • Teleportation_Teleport.png.819d87e01d817f62694b6effd01c3432.png Teleport
    • Base range increased from 300ft to 350ft
      • Enhanced range (2x level 50 IOs) increased from 449.1ft to 523.95ft
    • The post-teleport hover buff has been adjusted
      • Now lasts up to 15s, rather than 6s
      • The hover buff will cancel if you move, interact with an objective, attack a foe or are attacked by a foe 
    • The actual teleport now happens at 0.6s rather than 1.17s into the 2s activation
      • This doesn't allow you to teleport again sooner, but it does allow you slightly more time to select the location of your next teleport
    • Location targeting has also received some improvements which also affect Teleport, see "Teleportation Targeting & /powexec_location" in the Miscellaneous section 

Ahh, I love these! Does the "hover buff will cancel if you move" clause include moving the camera to get a better look around, or is it just physical character movement we're talkin' about?

Thanks for all the great work!

• Developer
1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

As an aside, I noticed that the description of Evasive Maneuvers indicates Res(-Fly), however, the Detailed Info tab lacks it's stated Fly resistance:

This has to do with how the game shows conditional effects. The Fly protection is only effective while flying, and the game seems to think the expression is considered special enough to not display.

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

9 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Fly alone does not make us faster than old fly + AB (unless you're thinking of new Fly slotted up, but who has spare slots for that anyway?).

Old Fly + AB = 72.95

New Fly alone = 61.49

Fly + Defensive maneuvers = 87-ish

AB didn't increase your speed, only your cap. So old fly + ab unslotted is the same as new fly

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

10 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

No, in fact, it is not trolling. The fact you think adding an annoying mechanic to afterbuner means you don't understand my frustration.

To keep this as a constructive (and different) point, why not just change after burner to be a toggle that stays on... and then suppresses after a while? So I don't have to micro-manage clicking a toggle in a popup tray that isn't on my regular power tray?

... I want to say a somewhat similar mechanic was introduced at one point to Quantum Flight back on live. Not sure just how related they may be.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just now, arthurh35353 said:

It let your slotted flight speed in swift make you move faster, so a slotting choice does affect you.

That would be swift increasing your speed, which is the same as it is now because fly now increases your capped speed to 87.95 mph (which is the most AB does for you on live, if you enhanced AB)

• Like 3

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

8 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

This has to do with how the game shows conditional effects. The Fly protection is only effective while flying, and the game seems to think the expression is considered special enough to not display.

Thank you for the response. Do you know if this apply to Fly Speed as well? The description isn't showing the percentage increase that Evasive Maneuvers applies.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Two things:

Love the changes to Flight Pool.  I actually want to use Hover Melee and Flight for travel now.  Hover + Evasive Maneuvers + Combat Teleport:

704.jpg

Second: The defense bonus from Evasive is dropping during combat as expected, but I don't think Combat Attributes is keeping up with the change.  Defense total drops, but Evasive continues to show the same buff.

I could be mistaken about that. 😛

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 minute ago, Bopper said:

AB didn't increase your speed, only your cap. So old fly + ab unslotted is the same as new fly

No Bopper, apologies but you may be misremembering. Looking at my own character at level 50 power details using just Fly the speed is hardcapped at 58mph without any (direct) slotting (I have the usual little speed increases incidentally found in sets, not something I worked for) or gimmicks involved.

Fly + AB without any (direct) slotting puts it at 72.95mph. The jump pack caps it at 87mph.

• City Council
20 minutes ago, Ohsirus said:

Do the Kheldians  Nova forms get the speed boost also?

They do not. The flight powers of Peacebringers do receive it, though.

• Sad 2

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council
4 minutes ago, Sovera said:

No Bopper, apologies but you may be misremembering. Looking at my own character at level 50 power details using just Fly the speed is hardcapped at 58mph without any (direct) slotting (I have the usual little speed increases incidentally found in sets, not something I worked for) or gimmicks involved.

Fly + AB without any (direct) slotting puts it at 72.95mph. The jump pack caps it at 87mph.

Is some of that coming from Swift?

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!