Focused Feedback: Power Changes (Build 1)

14 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

Why nerf one of the only few Pool Powers in the game that justified the investment when there's so much work that could be done to the sad, underperforming ones instead?

This is a really good point. 90%+ of my builds use Hasten + CJ + Tough/Weave + Maneuvers/Tactics/Assault. A short number of them would replace Leadership with Sorcery. This change will likely inch several of the Sorcery builds back to Leadership.

If we can't have nerfs to Speed, Jumping, Fighting and Leadership (and frankly, I don't want nerfs!), we need buffs to everything else. If anything, RoP should last 120s rather than 90s, and all other T5 origins should follow suit.

• Like 9

I don't really even agree that many of the other power pools are necessarily underperforming. I think the average player - or at least the average forum PvP'er - is just plainly addicted to maximal defense and recharge.

The only frustration I actually personally observe about useful pools like Medicine, Teleportation, Sorcery, etc. is that I have to weigh them against LotG's and defense toggles. There's nothing really wrong with a lot of those pools beyond what they are not. But then when I finally dare to make a build that isn't loaded up on defense and all 5 LotG's, frankly my character doesn't suffer at all as long as I play carefully and tactically as opposed to just charging right into the middle of every mob like every single character is a tank.

Anyway, due to my desire to break away now and then and try some variety, I've just this week dared to make an alt with a pitiful ~25% ranged defense, ~15% melee/AoE defense, and only 2 LotG's - all in exchange for a number of other goodies like Mystic Flight, Rune of Protection, Aid Self, Field Medic, 6-procced powers, etc.. I'll let you know if I think the character is irredeemable at +4x8 or iTrials, but don't hold your breath, because I'm not actually worried in the slightest.

Edited by arcane

26 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

Then the fly pool absolutely annihilates the sorcery pool, especially now.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true, no. Both have their pros and cons and I would only consider it a no brainer if you’re in a “worship LotG’s above all” mindset that may or may not be optimal depending on the circumstances.

IMO Rune of Protection was barely touched as far as my uses for it go. It’s still on the same timer as either a break free or panic button or alpha absorber. If you were using it for overall mez protection uptime, please reference SwitchFade’s posts.

Edited by arcane

17 minutes ago, arcane said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily true, no. Both have their pros and cons and I would only consider it a no brainer if you’re in a “worship LotG’s above all” mindset that may or may not be optimal depending on the circumstances.

No, the rune change effectively destroys the sorcery set. LoTG or not, the fly set offers much more for the slots spent on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

No, the rune change effectively destroys the sorcery set. LoTG or not, the fly set offers much more for the slots spent on it.

I’m sorry but I can’t see this as anything but hyperbole with what I currently know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

I’m sorry but I can’t see this as anything but hyperbole with what I currently know.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but this isn't a thread for arguing with people.

12 minutes ago, GM Arcanum said:

Can now be activated in the air, but you will fall to the ground once Rest is fully active

I assume this is to prevent some sort of cheesing with open sky maps?

48 minutes ago, ScarySai said:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but this isn't a thread for arguing with people.

Right. It’s for feedback. My feedback is that the change is perfectly reasonable and that Sorcery comes out the other end as a strong and viable power pool choice. 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• Arcanum unfeatured and locked this topic
  • City Council

To help our development team filter the feedback, this thread has been locked.

Any discussions relevant to Focused Feedback: Power Changes (Build 2) can be found here.

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Arcanum changed the title to Focused Feedback: Power Changes (Build 1)