Focused Feedback: PvP Changes (Release Candidates)

• City Council

Build 3 - March 28th

Spoiler

PvP Changes (Focused Feedback Thread

Animation Rooting

• In PvP only, all powers will only root for 75% of their total cast time

Mez Protection

• The following powers now provide mez protection in PvP:
    • Storm Summoning > O2 Boost (stun/sleep only, 60s)
    • Sonic Resonance > Clarity (confuse/terrorize/held/immob/stun/sleep, 90s)
    • Empathy > Clear Mind (confuse/terrorize/held/immob/stun/sleep, 90s)
    • Force Fields > Insulation Shield (confuse/terrorize/held/immob/stun/sleep, 90s, main target only)
    • Kinetics > Increase Density (held/immob/stun only, 60s)
    • Pain Domination > Enforced Morale (confuse/terrorize/held/immob/stun/sleep, 90s)
    • Poison > Antidote (confuse/terrorize/held/immob/stun/sleep, 90s)
    • Thermal Radiation > Thaw (confuse/terrorize/held/immob/stun/sleep, 90s)
    • Electrical Affinity > Faraday Cage (held/immob/stun/sleep, while inside the static sphere)
    • Trick Arrow > EMP Field (generated by EMP Arrow, held/immob/stun/sleep, while inside the sphere)
  • Magnitude protection will not stack from multiple casters, but the strongest protection will always be active
  • Protection granted by these powers per AT:
    • Defender 10.81 Mag (requires 4 to 6 successful equal type mez to break through [based on the mez being mag 2 or mag 3])
    • Controller 8.65 Mag (requires 3 to 5 successful equal type mez to break through)
    • Corruptor 8.65 Mag (requires 3 to 5 successful equal type mez to break through)
    • Mastermind 6.49 Mag (requires 3 to 4 successful equal type mez to break through)

Epic Snipes

• These changes have been reverted

Other PvP Power Changes

• Scrapper ATOs and Shinobi-Iri
    • Fixed a bug that prevented most Epic pool attacks from having their crit rate increased by these in PvP
  • Temp Powers > Raptor Pack
    • Duration reduced from 2 minutes to 45 seconds
  • Radiation Emission > Enervating Field (All Versions)
    • Increased -Resistance debuff from scale 2 to scale 3 (30% to 40% in the case of Defenders)
  • Empathy > Absorb Pain (All Versions)
    • Self Debuffs have been increased from 20s to 25s
  • Pain Domination > Share Pain (All versions)
    • Self Debuffs have been increased from 15s to 20s
  • Super Reflexes > Elude (All Versions)
    • This power now grants 20% Elusivity(AoE/Melee/Ranged) in PvP
  • Ninjutsu > Kuji-In_Retsu
  • Pool > Experimentation > Jaunt
    • In PvP, this power now recharges in 30s
  • Poison > Envenom
    • Resist Debuff lowered from 40% to 30% (defender values)
  • Pain Domination > Soothing Aura (All Versions)
    • In PvP, this power grant Heal over Time instead of +Regen, same way it does in PvE
  • Water Blast > Dehydrate (All Versions)
    • In PvP, this power grant Heal over Time instead of +Regen, same way it does in PvE
  • Time Manipulation > Temporal Mending (All Versions)
  • Time Manipulation > Chrono Shift (All Versions)
  • Nature Affinity > Regrowth (All Versions)
  • Stalker > Dark Melee > Shadow Maul

• Hidden PvP Crit chance lowered from 100% to 50%

• Stalker > Dual Blades >Ablating Strike

• PvP damage chance against held/sleep foes lowered from 100% to 20%

• Stalker > Staff Melee > Sky Splitter

• PvP critical damage against held/sleep foes increased from 1.4905 to 2.9810

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Arcanum changed the title to Focused Feedback: PvP Changes (Build 3)

Other PVP updates in this patch:

Super Jump > Double Jump

10s timer should now be working properly in PVP, too.

Electric Blast > Thunderous Blast

PVP Damage has been changed (decreased) to reflect the new cast time.

Mastermind Henchmen Summons have had their recharge times reduced:

• T1 Henchmen: reduced from 60s to 5s (25s in PvP)
  • T2 Henchmen: reduced from 90s to 10s (35s in PvP)
  • T3 Henchmen: reduced from 120s to 15s (50s in PvP)

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Also:

Gravity Control > Singularity
Singularity will now slowly pull enemies towards it, allowing it to make much greater use of the Repel effect.

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

thank you for not nerfing scraps.. may we also look at increasing the range of the fire blast.. and adding fire snipe to the fire mastery set..

also adding Masterful throw to the ninja set..  so that all scrapper and stalker mastery have snipes.

so that we have some deviation from the same old picks.. Thank you

Also on another note could veats and heats get a pvp pass over.. 

was thinking maybe making the pool powers do more buffs for them or some extra secondary effect.. Like assualt either giving more of a damage buff, or a chance of double dmg.. or for example aidself  giving a chance to absorb.. idk

IRON ASCENSION - ALL HUMAN PB

IRON-WIDOW - WIDOW

IRON BLADE - PSI/NINJA BLASTER

IRON RAIN - WATER/MA BLASTER

Posting it in here just so it doesn't get missed. This is a pretty major PVP bug:

• City Council

April 6th - Build 4

PvP Changes

• Fixed a bug that had elusivity checking against the wrong types

Animation Rooting

Mez Protection

• Force Fields > Insulation Shield (confuse/terrorize/held/immob/stun/sleep, 90s, main target only)
    • Pain Domination > Enforced Morale (confuse/terrorize/held/immob/stun/sleep, 90s)
    • Electrical Affinity > Faraday Cage (held/immob/stun/sleep, while inside the static sphere)
    • Trick Arrow > EMP Field (generated by EMP Arrow, held/immob/stun/sleep, while inside the sphere)
  • Magnitude protection will not stack from multiple casters, but the strongest protection will always be active
    • Defender 10.81 Mag (requires 4 to 6 successful equal type mez to break through [based on the mez being mag 2 or mag 3])
    • Controller 8.65 Mag (requires 3 to 5 successful equal type mez to break through)
    • Corruptor 8.65 Mag (requires 3 to 5 successful equal type mez to break through)
    • Mastermind 6.49 Mag (requires 3 to 4 successful equal type mez to break through)

Other PvP Power Changes

• Fixed a bug that prevented most Epic pool attacks from having their crit rate increased by these in PvP
    • Increased -Resistance debuff from scale 2 to scale 3 (30% to 40% in the case of Defenders)
  • Poison > Envenom

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Arcanum changed the title to Focused Feedback: PvP Changes (Build 4)
3 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

Stalker > Dark Melee > Shadow Maul

Dumb question on this one, but wasn't this at 100% in PvP deliberately because it (like pretty much every melee AoE) was being used as a single target attack?

I mean, it might be the outlier case but wasn't there a request that they all behave that way, rather than the other way around?

Either way, it's not likely to change much, but I remember thinking that the first time I saw the patch note and then just got around to commenting on it multiple builds later.

Not sure if there's time for it in this patch, but ideally we'd want Adrenal Booster and Unleashed Potential to have the same duration/recharge time as whatever Rune of Protection ends up being.

Those three powers balance well with each other right now. (For example, if your opponent takes Rune, and you take Adrenal, you cancel each other out.)

• Like 1

Do these changes effect vs players or all pvp zone play?

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 4/7/2021 at 4:51 AM, Troo said:

Do these changes effect vs players or all pvp zone play?

It depends what you mean. NPCs in PVP zones still follow PVE rules. (So you can still perma hold them, for example, even though you can't perma-hold other players.)

I'll try and rephrase.

Do the listed changes only affect player vs player interactions OR do they affect all zone play in Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, Warburg and Recluse's Victory?

Examples which could have an impact on folks entering the zones for reasons other than attacking other players.

While I support efforts to try and improve the HC PVP experience, I believe that having some zones radically deviate from the rest of the game is not good.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

3 hours ago, Troo said:

While I support efforts to try and improve the HC PVP experience, I believe that having some zones radically deviate from the rest of the game is not good.

This is how the pvp has been in CoH for a long long time. 

As for the merchant in Siren's call, it has been that way sense the zone was created: if you wanna use the store for the side you're on in the zone you have to win the zone.

There is however always the option of hop'n by any arena area to purchase the pvp temps.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2021 at 10:01 PM, M3z said:

pets inheriting player movement (meaning when player jumps pet jumps) and movespeed

This is really an mms problem in pve and pvp.  Hard to keep up when your pets are half a map behind herping and derping.  Travel power changes dont help this.

1 hour ago, BlackHearted said:

This is how the pvp has been in CoH for a long long time. 

While you are correct in some regards, you are clearly mistaken as to what I am referencing.

Some issues were created from the last round. If PvP specific changes are being made now, it could be a good time to address some low hanging fruit.

Your "hop'n by any arena area to purchase the pvp temps" is a work around at best, not a solution.

21 minutes ago, Troo said:

While you are correct in some regards, you are clearly mistaken as to what I am referencing.

Some issues were created from the last round. If PvP specific changes are being made now, it could be a good time to address some low hanging fruit.

Your "hop'n by any arena area to purchase the pvp temps" is a work around at best, not a solution.

Care to list any specifics as to what you view being "low hanging fruit" with pvp problems? just saying there's problems isn't a lot to extrapolate from...

As for how correct I am.. pvp has been very different from pve sense i13. That's over half the games life, seems like long long time ago is an apt description 🤷‍♀️

And as for the Sirens thing, your "problem"  is not a problem.. it therefor doesn't need a solution.. you're complaining about the way the zone was designed originally.. if you want the store in sirens.. you need to win the zone..... that's not a  new thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troo said:

Temp Powers > Raptor Pack

I'm not a PVPer by nature, but yes, this was a pain in the ass just badging. And I'm on Reunion, chances of PVP are slim to nothing.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 4/6/2021 at 4:02 PM, siolfir said:

Dumb question on this one, but wasn't this at 100% in PvP deliberately because it (like pretty much every melee AoE) was being used as a single target attack?

I mean, it might be the outlier case but wasn't there a request that they all behave that way, rather than the other way around?

Either way, it's not likely to change much, but I remember thinking that the first time I saw the patch note and then just got around to commenting on it multiple builds later.

I think there have been several similar changes but they're missing from the patch notes. I'm of the opinion if a power requires a target it should be treated as a single-target attack for PvP damage formula reasons because with very rare exceptions you'll never hit more than one player at a time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

9 hours ago, Troo said:

I also do not see mention of a fix for the issue created in the last round of PVP changes where the vendor for PVP temps is only available in Siren's Call intermittently.

As far as I'm aware, the temp power vendors in Siren's Call have only been available after your side has control of the zone (and it's been that way since Issue 6), per the wiki:

Heroes and Villains will only have access to their respective store NPC if their side is in control of the zone.

I'm not aware of anything which would have changed this behavior, but if you find the vendor isn't available when your side is controlling the zone it might be worth filing a bug report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, macskull said:
9 hours ago, Troo said:

I also do not see mention of a fix for the issue created in the last round of PVP changes where the vendor for PVP temps is only available in Siren's Call intermittently.

As far as I'm aware, the temp power vendors in Siren's Call have only been available after your side has control of the zone (and it's been that way since Issue 6), per the wiki:

Heroes and Villains will only have access to their respective store NPC if their side is in control of the zone.

I'm not aware of anything which would have changed this behavior, but if you find the vendor isn't available when your side is controlling the zone it might be worth filing a bug report.

Combining the limited vendor availability & the removal of temp travel powers, etc. = unnecessary grief for folks in a zone that PvPers rarely even use.

PvP Zone Vendors (Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, Warburg, Recluse's Victory)

• Added vendors selling the Arena temporary powers (which are now usable in PvP zones)
    • The Siren's Call vendor still requires the zone event to unlock

+

Powers Disabled in PvP

• All Incarnate powers apart from the Alpha slot are now disabled in Recluse's Victory
  • PvP zones now obey the same rules as the arena when it comes to banning powers
    • This means that anything previously disabled in the Arena will now be disabled in PvP zones
    • Arena temporary powers now work in PvP zones
    • PVP Zones now disable powers using an auto power granted on zone entry instead of a critter with a zonewide power (this makes it instant)
  • The following powers are now disabled in the Arena and in PvP zones:
    • Most Mayhem / Safeguard powers
    • Empowerment Station buffs crafted in bases
    • Most Day Job powers
    • Cathedral of Pain buffs
    • Various prestige / temporary powers
  • Complete list of disabled powers:
Spoiler
  • Increase_Recovery (from Mayhem/Safeguard)
  • Mayhem_Increase_Movement_Speed
  • Mayhem_Increase_Endurance
  • Mayhem_Increase_Health
  • Mayhem_Increase_Regeneration
  • prestige_InspirationGrant (Inner Inspiration)
  • Cryonite_Armor
  • Wedding_Band
  • Wedding_Band_FB
  • Mayhem_Cryonite_Armor
  • Mayhem_Store_Kinetic_Shield
  • Vanguard_Psionic_Shield
  • Invention_Kinetic_Dampener
  • Alt_LP_Kinetic_Dampener
  • Alt_Defense_Amplifier_1_hour
  • Alt_Defense_Amplifier_4_hour
  • Alt_Defense_Amplifier_8_hour
  • Alt_Offense_Amplifier_1_hour
  • Alt_Offense_Amplifier_4_hour
  • Alt_Offense_Amplifier_8_hour
  • Alt_Survival_Amplifier_1_hour
  • Alt_Survival_Amplifier_4_hour
  • Alt_Survival_Amplifier_8_hour
  • Alt_Frosty_Aegis
  • Day_Job_Movement_Increase_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Movement_Increase_Greater
  • Pilot_Lesser
  • Pilot_Greater
  • Day_Job_Increase_Regeneration_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Increase_Regeneration_Greater
  • Day_Job_Increase_Endurance_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Increase_Endurance_Greater
  • Day_Job_Increase_Recovery_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Increase_Recovery_Greater
  • Day_Job_Damage_Resistance_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Damage_Resistance_Greater
  • Day_Job_Psionic_Resistance_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Psionic_Resistance_Greater
  • Day_Job_ColdNegative_Resistance_Lesser
  • Day_Job_ColdNegative_Resistance_Greater
  • Day_Job_DPS_Buff_Lesser
  • Day_Job_DPS_Buff_Greater
  • Day_Job_Improved_Recharge_Time_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Improved_Recharge_Time_Greater
  • Combat_Shield
  • Increase_Attack_Speed (Empowerment Station)
  • Increase_Flight_Speed
  • Increase_Jump_Speed
  • Increase_Run_Speed
  • Increase_Perception
  • Grant_Invisibility
  • Smashing_Resistance
  • Lethal_Resistance
  • Cold_Resistance
  • Fire_Resistance
  • Energy_Resistance
  • Negative_Energy_Resistance
  • Toxic_Resistance
  • Psionic_Resistance
  • Endurance_Drain_Resistance
  • Slow_Resistance
  • Knockback_Protection
  • Knockback_Increase
  • Confusion_Resistance
  • Fear_Resistance
  • Disorient_Resistance
  • Hold_Resistance
  • Immobilize_Resistance
  • Sleep_Resistance
  • Arachnos_Power_Shield
  • I22_MissionReward_BoonSunXiong
  • The_Perfect_Eye
  • The_True_Furnace
  • Heart_of_a_Storm_Elemental
  • Anger_Monument
  • Crystal_of_Resilience
  • The_Atlas_Medallion
  • Super_Patriot
  • Freedom_Phalanx_Reserve
  • Task_Force_Commander
  • Portal_Jockey
  • Crey_CBX-9_Pistol
  • Eye_of_the_Magus
  • Vanguard_Medal
  • Geas_of_the_Kind_Ones
  • Marshall
  • High_Pain_Threshold
  • Born_In_Battle
  • Stolen_Immobilizer_Ray
  • Demonic_Aura
  • Megalomaniac
  • Invader
  • Force_of_Nature
  • Iron_Man
  • RIWE_Accolade_Power
  • GRHeroAlignmentPower
  • GRVigilanteAlignmentPower
  • GRRogueAlignmentPower
  • GRVillainAlignmentPower
  • Invention_Recovery_Serum
  • Alt_LP_Recovery_Serum
  • Alt_Frost_Bite_Granter
  • Alt_Frost_Bite
  • Alt_Winter_Ward
  • Flames_of_Prometheus

=

PvP changes impacting non PvP players in a extremely negative way.

I am not saying it was intentional. I am simply saying it should be addressed this go around.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

I'm not seeing a problem here. The changes to PvP zones were made with PvP players in mind. If we're talking Siren's Call specifically, it looks there is one exploration badge/history plaque that might require vertical movement beyond what a player would normally possess.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Troo said:

I'll try and rephrase.

Do the listed changes only affect player vs player interactions OR do they affect all zone play in Bloody Bay, Siren's Call, Warburg and Recluse's Victory?

Examples which could have an impact on folks entering the zones for reasons other than attacking other players.

Yeah those zones radically deviate from the rest of the game because they're PVP zones. So that's by design. This is why the impact on players "entering the zones for reasons other than attacking other players" aren't really a concern. The zone isn't for them.

That said, I went through and checked all the badges could be gotten easily enough with a 45s jet pack. (Just only toggle it on when you are right next to the badge location.) So badgers shouldn't be impacted by any of this.

If you play the PVE minigame a lot, I'd suggest respecing so that you have your travel powers earlier in your build. And if you don't have travel powers? Suck it up, chief.

• Like 1

I mean, if that were to happen people would just do what they already do and use the arena vendors in Pocket D.

• Like 1

--- Simple Fix ---

Add a full-time fake-accolade vendor to Siren's Call for both Villain and Hero sides. Just like the other PvP zones.

This would address the issues associated with the last change removing temps/accolades/powers/etc. and the current, at best, intermittent availability of that which was to replace the removed temps/accolades/powers/etc.

• Like 1

• City Council

Release Candidate 1 - April 10th

PvP Changes

Arena Maps

• Lowered the max height on the Last Bastion arena map to 1150

Animation Rooting

Mez Protection

Other PvP Power Changes

• Poison > Envenom

• Like 1

• Arcanum changed the title to Focused Feedback: PvP Changes (Release Candidate 1)

Melee epic ranged attacks are currently doing 33%-50% of the damage they are doing on live.

Laser Beam Eyes on Brainstorm:
unknown.png?width=513&height=612

Laser Beam Eyes on live:
unknown.png?width=435&height=612

This is due to the damage scalar still being set to ranged for these powers. It should be switched back to melee.

• Thanks 1