General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 2

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

This is curious! Enemies are normally able to stack inside eachother if there is not enough space around a player. Perhaps due to the intangible status of the player, this opens an additional space for the enemy to utilize until the player phases back in. 

I want to say that they made this much harder to do so that tankers couldn't dumpster dive with warwolves back in the days of 100% resists. The 16 aggro cap came from part of that.

• Thanks 2

On a tangent... Now that Ambrosia and Essence of the Earth apply to a Mastermind and their pets at the same time (Absolutely an incredibly needed upgrade!) is there any chance you folks will make -all- Inspirations affecting Masterminds also affect their Pets?

A Mastermind deals and takes damage and control effects as a "Team" all on their own. Their own personal damage is understandably low because their damage is split between at least seven entities (Themself and 6 Pets). So why should it cost 7 times as many inspirations to get the same amount of Damage Buff as anyone else would have to use to benefit from an Enrage?

I just feel like it would be a nice solid QoL buff to MMs while also bringing their Inspiration Use Benefit in line with other characters.

• Like 1

Hmm. I was doing more testing on TP End usage in The Storm Palace and notice that Thumbtacks worked better laterally (ie. east-west) but the north-south distance still wouldn't work to the north of the storm palace (as I was aiming to see how far I could go for how much end drain.)

I don't think the numbers were increased enough to actually cover the traversable area.

4 minutes ago, Replacement said:

So we're only giving unique names to new Issue numbers and not Pages?  We'll be on Second Chances until i28?

This seems to be the protocol, based on previous pages, just wanted to see if that's going to set (like in the concrete sense).

Correct, I believe they stated instead of one large issue dump like on live they would prefer to put out smaller and multiple patches to make up new issues.

Edited by Starforge

5 minutes ago, Starforge said:

Correct, I believe they stated instead of one large issue dump like on live they would prefer to put out smaller and multiple patches to make up new issues.

Yeah I'm familiar with the "Page" concept as small Issues.  I'm just talking about the naming scheme -- if we're going for like chapter titles for each Page, or if they all are just going to inherit the Issue title.

Name on the Issue only makes sense from the source comic book perspective... but I'm not sure how I feel about Second Chances lasting the next 2 years.

Can we get a change to Null the Gull so that after completing a selection it goes back to the main option screen instead of kicking you completely?

A little annoying when setting up a new character and you have to keep clicking back in in order to set a character up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 3/13/2021 at 2:38 PM, GM Arcanum said:

Barracuda Strike Force

• Power of Black Scorpion (the power required to kill Reichsman) is now always granted to the team leader, regardless of Archetype
    • Defenders now receive Power of Ghost Widow
    • Masterminds now receive Power of Captain Mako

Hello,

just wanted to add a possible problem caused by this solution, what happens if the leader get dced?

Will the Power be moved then to new leader? If not, and he needs time to come back .. as we all know real life problems are not all solved in minutes, this could lead to the problem to not be able to finish the Strikeforce.

• Thanks 3

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Can we get a change to Null the Gull so that after completing a selection it goes back to the main option screen instead of kicking you completely?

A little annoying when setting up a new character and you have to keep clicking back in in order to set a character up.

This, so much this!

Every time I roll a new alt and go to Gull to set my options I cuss a little at the no return to main menu option.

Rant off 😇

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

Hello,

just wanted to add a possible problem caused by this solution, what happens if the leader get dced?

Will the Power be moved then to new leader? If not, and he needs time to come back .. as we all know real life problems are not all solved in minutes, this could lead to the problem to not be able to finish the Strikeforce.

Pure speculation on this, but I would imagine that since it would have to happen during the last mission that you could have everyone log off to reset the mission (much like when you attempt to change difficulty) and that it would go to the new leader after the mission is reset.

The worst case scenario, where someone who gets the Power of Black Scorpion disconnects (leader or no) and nobody is there to replace it, happens already and you'd be in the same situation, it's just that since it happens based on AT it could happen at any point in the SF.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Pure speculation on this, but I would imagine that since it would have to happen during the last mission that you could have everyone log off to reset the mission (much like when you attempt to change difficulty) and that it would go to the new leader after the mission is reset.

The worst case scenario, where someone who gets the Power of Black Scorpion disconnects (leader or no) and nobody is there to replace it, happens already and you'd be in the same situation, it's just that since it happens based on AT it could happen at any point in the SF.

Yep.  It’s actually worse when tied to a Defender or Mastermind as you can lose that player at any point on the SF and be stuck.  With the Power of Black Scorpion tied to the team leader instead, just have everyone relog.

One thing I noticed but do not see in the patch notes:  there is a "Toxic Defense" now in the defense group of combat attributes, and it benefits are from defense(all).  Does that mean that "Toxic Defense" now exists?  Or is this a bug in the UI?  Or is this a future change that is being displayed early?

1 hour ago, Vigilant Vergil said:

One thing I noticed but do not see in the patch notes:  there is a "Toxic Defense" now in the defense group of combat attributes, and it benefits are from defense(all).  Does that mean that "Toxic Defense" now exists?  Or is this a bug in the UI?  Or is this a future change that is being displayed early?

I thought toxic was itself untyped (like some Mind Control powers) Defense(all) covers it, because defense(all) is basically just a catch-all for any untyped defense you have. At least from my understanding.

38 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

I thought toxic was itself untyped (like some Mind Control powers) Defense(all) covers it, because defense(all) is basically just a catch-all for any untyped defense you have. At least from my understanding.

Defense against Range, Melee, or AoE covers toxic attacks. Defense All includes those.

30 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Defense against Range, Melee, or AoE covers toxic attacks. Defense All includes those.

Yeah, that's what I meant by untyped. Those are positional defenses, not typed defenses. I guess using Mind Control was a bad example, as that doesn't have a positional component, and is ONLY typed (Psi)

48 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

Toxic damage has a weird history.  Originally, damage from chemical or biological sources (e.g., Vahz zombie vomit or DE swarms' stings) was just "untyped" or "fire" damage (because the chemical/acid "burned" you).  Then it became a type of damage, replacing the untyped damage or the "fire" damage.  In the process, it never was given a particular defense like psychic - just a resistance.  All the while, there was "defense" against it in the form of positional defense (ranged, melee, AoE) or true* Defense (all) powers.  In fact, if you go on to Homecoming now and open the defense group of the combat attributes, there is no "Toxic Damage Defense."

Up to this point, my understanding is that there was a limitation where Toxic Damage could not be added.  Thus, my question really is whether Toxic is now getting its own elemental defense type (which is not in the Patch Notes) or if it is a bug or something else all together.

*By "true" I mean powers that add the defense value to your base defense as opposed to some powers labelled "Defense (all) that just add the defense value to every type of defense.

3 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

Yeah, that's what I meant by untyped. Those are positional defenses, not typed defenses. I guess using Mind Control was a bad example, as that doesn't have a positional component, and is ONLY typed (Psi)

As a quick aside/correction, "positional defense" is a type of defense, just not an elemental one; and Mind Control powers have a elemental (Psi) and positional type (Range/AoE).

1 hour ago, Vigilant Vergil said:

As a quick aside/correction, "positional defense" is a type of defense, just not an elemental one; and Mind Control powers have a elemental (Psi) and positional type (Range/AoE).

I know there are some powers that don't have a positional defense tag, and I thought Mind Control had them.. I can't actually access City of Data at work, so I'll just have to come back to this another time.

2 hours ago, Vigilant Vergil said:

Up to this point, my understanding is that there was a limitation where Toxic Damage could not be added.  Thus, my question really is whether Toxic is now getting its own elemental defense type (which is not in the Patch Notes) or if it is a bug or something else all together.

If I remember correctly toxic defense was actually introduced with I27P1 back in November but I may be mixing up testing cycles in my head. Either way, while toxic defense does now actually exist, there are no powers that explicitly give it.

18 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

I know there are some powers that don't have a positional defense tag, and I thought Mind Control had them.. I can't actually access City of Data at work, so I'll just have to come back to this another time.

All of Mind Control's powers are flagged as only psionic and lack positional defense tags.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

2 hours ago, Arbegla said:

2 hours ago, macskull said:

All of Mind Control's powers are flagged as only psionic and lack positional defense tags.

I went back and checked, and looks like Mind Control is in fact only psionic, not positional.  Pardon my prior comment, I was mistaken.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Does this mean that powers flagged defense all will give you toxic defense?

I think so, but as was said before I can't think of any powers off the top of my head that were only flagged as toxic with no other types or positions so it doesn't really change anything.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

19 hours ago, macskull said:

I think so, but as was said before I can't think of any powers off the top of my head that were only flagged as toxic with no other types or positions so it doesn't really change anything.

Me either.  Even Arachnoid attacks have a positional component, right?

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Just now, arthurh35353 said:

Maybe this was to catch any odd one offs so that someone doesn't have a very unpleasant surprise?

You mean adding toxic as a defense type?  Possibly.

I was trying to think of all of the nasty damage patches that were added as iTrials were released, but many of those are untyped, unresistable, both, or worse, lol.  I don't think any of those are Toxic either.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.