General Feedback: Issue 27, Page 2

• City Council
1 hour ago, Wapsitax said:

Small request but could you add an alias for this command to follow the naming norm for power execution commands? I only ask because I know I'm going to be binding this command a lot to replace one I use on pretty much every character and I'm going to muscle memory my way into typing /powexec and I can't imagine I'm going to be the only one.

Commands that are processed on the server start with powers_, while commands that are processed on the client start with powexec_. I think this is the only powers_ server side command exposed to the client though, so maybe we should make an exception. @Number Six

My wife was quite upset that the stealth powers are still mutually exclusive even though stealth is now considered a travel pool and travel pools are supposed to stack even though they don't have increased power.  If she can't run steamy mist AND infiltrate, then infiltrate's not useful.  She doesn't care if the stealth or defense or anything else is stronger, she just wants to run them together so she can have her "give bonuses to other people" AND her travel power as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dragonsworn said:

My wife was quite upset that the stealth powers are still mutually exclusive even though stealth is now considered a travel pool and travel pools are supposed to stack even though they don't have increased power.  If she can't run steamy mist AND infiltrate, then infiltrate's not useful.  She doesn't care if the stealth or defense or anything else is stronger, she just wants to run them together so she can have her "give bonuses to other people" AND her travel power as well.

Is it really not possible to at least give just infiltration an exception from the stealth stacking rules, just like hide?

• Like 2

• City Council

@Dragonsworn @Wavicle

Definitely not the first time it's come up. Stealth power stacking is a more complicated beast than travel power stacking due to them having partially suppressed effects in combat. It's something we want to do, but isn't as simple as just propagating it over.

• Thanks 3

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Tried out Frozen Aura on my Stalker and it for sure is getting me Focus stacks. 

I am a fool for not bringing this up when I first found out about it as this is a DPS and simply QoL improvement for the power set and my build.

Ice Patch cast time reduction is also very welcome as I can add back in a very thematic power. 

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Jimmy said:

@Dragonsworn @Wavicle

Definitely not the first time it's come up. Stealth power stacking is a more complicated beast than travel power stacking due to them having partially suppressed effects in combat. It's something we want to do, but isn't as simple as just propagating it over.

I would love to understand this a little better. Super Speed already does this, why can't it be imported from there?

On 4/7/2021 at 11:00 PM, UberGuy said:

Personally, I think Amplifiers are a mess. They were pure P2W Paragon Market fare. Letting people pay real money to get long-term mez protection smacks of really egregious P2W prioritization. They exist here because all the P2W stuff was caried over from the i24 codebase, but my opinion is that they were a bad idea. But I also agree that taking them away now would cause a great wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I would absolutely be down for either removing amplifiers or removing the mez protection from them. Anyone that can regularly afford them can also just afford a half decent build, so the resulting outcry would be disingenuous at best.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, arcane said:

I would absolutely be down for either removing amplifiers or removing the mez protection from them. Anyone that can regularly afford them can also just afford a half decent build, so the resulting outcry would be disingenuous at best.

As someone that was playing a defender on the 34-44 Terra Volta TF Friday, I (and our stormie defender) ended up going and purchasing Defense amplifiers because of all the mezzing getting thrown around. We had booth been struggling (and dying) and the +4 mezz protection made it so we weren't stuck mezzed and dying during the actual trial's last mission.

You experience is not everyone's experience.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

As someone that was playing a defender on the 34-44 Terra Volta TF Friday, I (and our stormie defender) ended up going and purchasing Defense amplifiers because of all the mezzing getting thrown around. We had booth been struggling (and dying) and the +4 mezz protection made it so we weren't stuck mezzed and dying during the actual trial's last mission.

You experience is not everyone's experience.

I was playing my main on a Ouro mission the other day, I forget what I was fighting, maybe First Ward enemies? Anyways, I got mezzed and was so surprised that I thought my game was frozen or I lagged out. This is on an Ice/Cold Corruptor, the only mez protection coming from Acrobatics. I actually chuckled after realizing it wasn't frozen - I rarely ever get mezzed, even though I have hardly any mez protection. I don't use p2w defense buffs, though it is probably a good idea to try. So yeah, I just popped a breakfree after I was done laughing and smashed those enemies. All that to say, that I agree that everyone's experience differs. @arcane point about p2w temps and your experience are both valid. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

51 minutes ago, arcane said:

Having a half decent build doesn’t mean you won’t get mezzed, it just means they hit less often, and when they do hit it’s like spending hundreds of millions on power armor just to get taken out by one guy with a taser. 

• Like 4

It’s the devs’ intention though that some classes SHOULD get mezzed sooo... not sure how any of this makes amplifiers defensible.

If you’re in a place where the mezzing is becoming genuinely problematic and no one has Clarion, etc... maybe time to broadcast for an empathy/pain/sonic/etc.

Edited by arcane

17 minutes ago, arcane said:

If you’re in a place where the mezzing is becoming genuinely problematic and no one has Clarion, etc... maybe time to broadcast for an empathy/pain/sonic/etc.

Or a good tank who can hold aggro off of you.

You bring up a good point. I'm firmly convinced that all of the people who are complaining about the Rune of Protection buff are people who refuse to team with other people. They've spent so much time soloing at +4/x8 that they've forgotten that that's not the base game. It's nice that they can do that, but that's not the standard that everything's measured by.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

4 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Removing amplifiers would have a substantial negative impact on the game’s economy as that would give myself and many others an extra 2.5 million INF per hour to play with and raise prices of everything on the auction house.

7.5 mil for all 3, no? Either way, considering how much more than that can be made in an hour, put me down for “willing to face the economic consequences”.

3 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

I thought SS actually gave a -Threat buff, not actual stealth?

In other words, they see you, but don't bother attacking. But maybe I'm wrong =/

It does both.  You can see in combat attributes when you turn it on it gives 35ft of pve stealth.  It also gives -1 threat level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, arcane said:

7.5 mil for all 3, no? Either way, considering how much more than that can be made in an hour, put me down for “willing to face the economic consequences”.

I think we should have MORE inf sinks not less. To me , more things like the amplifiers are the perfect things to take more inf out of the economy. I would reduce how powerful they are or increase how much the cost before removing them. Removing them should be a last resort.

Edited by golstat2003
  • Like 1

As for the amps, just ditching them or removing the mez protection I'd be against.  However, I'd be for the defense amp changed to mez resistance instead of protection.  But I'd say it should be a really good amount of it, I'm talking like in the range of +200% (which would base cut mez times to 1/3rd).  Would be accelerate metabolism levels basically and from playing rad support characters, that's the level you need for it to really feel noticeable.  

As others have mentioned a lot of the issue is more how long mezzes can be in this game.  Typically getting mezzed for a few seconds is recoverable.  Sitting there for 10 seconds+ of not being able to do anything isn't...and at the least gets really frustrating.  It also often leads to being chained mezzed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riverdusk said:

As for the amps, just ditching them or removing the mez protection I'd be against.  However, I'd be for the defense amp changed to mez resistance instead of protection.  But I'd say it should be a really good amount of it, I'm talking like in the range of +200% (which would base cut mez times to 1/3rd).  Would be accelerate metabolism levels basically and from playing rad support characters, that's the level you need for it to really feel noticeable.  

As others have mentioned a lot of the issue is more how long mezzes can be in this game.  Typically getting mezzed for a few seconds is recoverable.  Sitting there for 10 seconds+ of not being able to do anything isn't...and at the least gets really frustrating.  It also often leads to being chained mezzed.

As someone fighting Tsoo atm via flashbacks I can relate to this. Having three Sorcerers with Hurricane plus a boss doing Dark attacks leads to marvelous gameplay of spending a literal two minutes with a 6% chance of hitting and relying on BU and the NPCs turning Hurricane off by themselves to eventually whittle them down, and this with guzzling yellows.

While it is not the same issue the symptoms are: spending a LOT of time unable to do anything. And this on a Tanker who can take the punishment for two minutes. A squishy trying to rely on killing fast to survive pre-nuke levels is equally going to have a hard time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Characters who rely on toggled debuff/control mitigation are screwed by a 0.01s mez, no better than if they were chain mezzed, since those toggles have recharge times and animation times.  Radiation Infection adds exactly 0% survivability when it's shut off by a momentary Sleep, for instance, and continues to add 0% for as long as it's recharging and until the animation for activating it has been completed (at which point, some twat nozzle minion Stuns or Sleeps the character again, shutting off RI again, rinse, repeat).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

3 hours ago, arcane said:

It’s the devs’ intention though that some classes SHOULD get mezzed sooo... not sure how any of this makes amplifiers defensible.

A word of advice:  Please never try to speak for the devs.  Or for the players, for that matter.  Speak only for yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blackbird71 said:

A word of advice:  Please never try to speak for the devs.  Or for the players, for that matter.  Speak only for yourself.

While I do agree that people shouldn't try to speak for other people, unless they're employed in an official capacity to do so, I'd like to point out that a developer did say this:

"A single power should not be able to bridge a gap that results in entire parts of the game being obviated."

So while I think he certainly could have worded his post better, it's safe to say that the developers do, in fact, intend for some classes to get mezzed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

9 minutes ago, Blackbird71 said:

I’m not speaking for them... only reiterating things they’ve stated themselves over and over and over..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

Characters who rely on toggled debuff/control mitigation are screwed by a 0.01s mez, no better than if they were chain mezzed, since those toggles have recharge times and animation times.  Radiation Infection adds exactly 0% survivability when it's shut off by a momentary Sleep, for instance, and continues to add 0% for as long as it's recharging and until the animation for activating it has been completed (at which point, some twat nozzle minion Stuns or Sleeps the character again, shutting off RI again, rinse, repeat).

If you’re a mastermind then your pets should be able to handle that for you. Direct them to attack the mezzing mob first.

If you’re a controller then you should lock the missing mob down.

If you’re a defender or a corrupter then you should have teammates to deal with that for you.

• Like 1