Playing fullscreen on an ultrawide monitor

Kitty Justice

Hello!  I'm actually entirely new to CoH and I'm loving it so far, but I do have one minor nagging issue.  I have an ultrawide monitor and in order to play the game at a 2560x1080 resolution I have to play it in windowed mode - which is mostly full screen except the window bar thing is visible at the top and the start menu is visible at the bottom.  This hasn't been too much of a problem for me until I started playing with base building, and now as I try to move objects around I frequently accidently drag my mouse outside the playable game area and that causes all kinds of goofiness.

Any time I go into full screen mode the game seems to switch to 1920x1080 and stretches to the full size of my monitor.  I try switching to 2560x1080 (desktop) in the graphics menu but it just switches right back to 1920x1080.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to either get the game working in full screen mode on an ultrawide without it stretching or if there was a full screen windowed mode that I haven't seen in the options anywhere yet.  And maybe also adjust the FOV.  Maybe there's a configuration file I can edit or something?

It's nothing major or gamebreaking, but any help would be appreciated!

Graphics options are stored in the registry, under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\CoH

The two keys are screenx and screeny respectively. You can try changing them there, see if it sticks.

There is an FOV option in-game, but you'll also find settings for it in the registry as well. Set autoFOV to 0 and fieldOfView to whatever number you like.

• Thanks 1

Thanks!  I gave this a try and with a little fidgeting I managed to get full screen at 2560x1080 but it broke most of the textures and the game (and prompted a warning from the game that 2560x1080 is not supported).

Now the problem I'm having seems to be that I can't undo it O.O

379ccb91e4430bd8d342111af331d6f0

Apologies!  I figured out my foolishness.  It wasn't the resolution that messed it up, it was the field of view.  I set it back to auto and all my textures are back and I'm full screen with ultrawide settings!  I guess I won't play with the FOV, thank you for your help!