Discussion: Improvements to the Warriors

On 3/14/2021 at 10:17 AM, dnomad333 said:

IIRC, the Warriors were based on the 1979 film of the same name. For the most part I would rather not deviate too far from that idea, so staying somewhat true that theme appeals to me.

That being said, updating weapons, giving the members access to newer 'natural' power sets, seems like a good idea. The only thing I'm concerned about is a radical change.

Give em pistols, I say 

On 10/6/2021 at 4:20 PM, drdread said:

One thing I would like to see is for the Warriors to own their space.  Much like the Tsoo, Carnival of Shadows, Frakshow, or the Skulls; give the Warrior's hideouts some flair and personality. Graffiti on the walls, racks of weapons, a bar area. You don't need to make new assets, just add some assets to the existing maps.

They deserve better than generic, nondescript warehouses.

I agree with this completely!  A 'Warrior Base' could, like the Tsoo, have a shrine/dojo feel to it, but the statues would be Greco-Roman themed and the training weapons would be 'Western' instead of 'Eastern.'

I would also prefer that Warriors get a chance to 'own their space' in public zones.  The Warriors really only have a presence in-game in Talos and in Striga, and in both of those zones they spend most of their time getting bullied (by the Freakshow in Talos and the Council in Striga).  The Warriors getting a revamp would be a good time to re-tool their public presence to show that they can protect their blocks from their rivals.

If you are choosing to make the Warriors less villainous, it could also be a place to showcase this - have the Warriors standing between the overtly evil Freaks/Council and some cowering civilians.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Developer
13 hours ago, TalynDerre said:

I agree with this completely!  A 'Warrior Base' could, like the Tsoo, have a shrine/dojo feel to it, but the statues would be Greco-Roman themed and the training weapons would be 'Western' instead of 'Eastern.'

I would also prefer that Warriors get a chance to 'own their space' in public zones.  The Warriors really only have a presence in-game in Talos and in Striga, and in both of those zones they spend most of their time getting bullied (by the Freakshow in Talos and the Council in Striga).  The Warriors getting a revamp would be a good time to re-tool their public presence to show that they can protect their blocks from their rivals.

If you are choosing to make the Warriors less villainous, it could also be a place to showcase this - have the Warriors standing between the overtly evil Freaks/Council and some cowering civilians.

While I won't say no, that might heavily depend on the 3D folks, which is outside my purview. I do have a plan to continue a natural progression of the Warriors under Odysseus with a bit of a reckoning for his hubris, and one or two new groups forming as a result. No promises!

• Thanks 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

On 3/16/2021 at 8:34 AM, KC4800 said:

Much like you did with the Vahzilok, make a new mission arc with a badge that tells the story of the newly revamped  "Ultra Warriors".

Then we can say "you warriors are good, real good" to them.