New Archetype: Saboteur

Puma

Description:  The Saboteur is a master of getting close to enemies to damage, weaken, or disarm them before being noticed.  Saboteurs inherent ability, Sabotage, uses their ability to  go undetected by enemies to make their initial move more effective, whether they are dealing damage or weakening their foes.   

Inherent description:  Sabotage allows a Saboteur to have added secondary effects for powers triggered on unsuspecting enemies.  Damaging attacks will do extra damage, control powers will have their magnitude and duration increased, and support powers will have increased effect.  Likewise, Saboteurs' damaging attacks will have a chance to critically hit any targets suffering from status affects. 

Primary set: Surprise Assault

Tier 1:  Single target melee attack

Tier 2: Single target hold/damage

Tier 3:  AoE cone/ Melee attack

Tier 4: Incapacitate:  Assassin's Strike clone with slightly less damage and strong chance to hold. 

Tier 5: Build Up

Tier 6: Subversion: PBAoE brief Confuse/places you back in infiltration mode

Tier 7: Deflection:  Melee moderate damage, strong secondary power (+res or +Def or +regen etc.. depending on set).

Tier 8 : Melee superior damage

Tier 9:  Melee Cone or PBAoE power.

Secondary Set:  Impairment:

Tier 1: Infiltration:  Similar to "Hide" only instead of stealth, your threat rating is dropped, preventing any enemies from attacking you until you aggro and are "discovered".  

Tier 2:  Single target immobilize/debuff. 

Tier 3: AoE Immobilize/slow/non-hold status power

Tier 4:  Impair power (mix of sustain/debuff aura from support pool)

Tier 5: Armor  related to support pool

Tier 6: strong single target debuff

Tier 7:  AoE debuff from support pool

Tier 8: AoE Hold

Tier 9:  Targeted AoE debuff/status power. 

So a "Dark Saboteur" might look like the following

Tier 1:  Smite   /  Infiltrartion

Tier 2: Melee Dark Grasp  /  Shadow Binds

Tier 3:  Shadow Maul /  Living Shadows

Tier 4: Dark Incapacitation  /  Nether cloak (self  +regen/Recovery/psi res, foe -tohit/fear) 

Tier 5: Build Up  / Fading Aura (Toggle version of Fade) 

Tier 6:  Dark Subversion (PBAoE Placate, -tohit)  /  Touch of Fear

Tier 7: Soul absorption  / Heart of Darkness

Tier 8:  Midnight Grasp / Shadow Field

Tier 9: Soul Drain / Tar Patch or Darkest Night 

The concept is that Saboteurs get in nice and close with the enemies and then "turn on them" from within, using surprise to boost their initial impact.  The choice between using the surprise to boost your first attack, your mezzes, or your debuffs gives a unique play style, but the lack of true armors means the Saboteur must still be careful or avoid being overwhelmed.  

Edited by Puma

So a controll-y stalker that gets a domination-like boost if they use a control from not-hide?

I'm ... trying to picture the playstyle. I kind of suspect it would go easier with some sort of armor to help out, honestly, because even if you have 'no threat rating,' overflow from teammates can still make them turn on you.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

17 minutes ago, Greycat said:

So a controll-y stalker that gets a domination-like boost if they use a control from not-hide?

I'm ... trying to picture the playstyle. I kind of suspect it would go easier with some sort of armor to help out, honestly, because even if you have 'no threat rating,' overflow from teammates can still make them turn on you.

You have a sustain power and one armor, along with the debuff and control powers.  Tier 4 of the Impairment secondary is a sustain and tier 5 is an armor. 

This is not meant to be god-mode, but to be a tactical play style that can still offer something in both teams  and solo play.  

My suspicion would be that an additional armor would come with the APPs as well. 

Edited by Puma