Redside Bounty Board

Moka

6lDA8pY.jpg

Hey everyone! I'm hosting some bounties! They're mostly meant for redside characters but anyone is welcome to run them! 

What's a bounty? 

The gist of the board is that there will be updated bi-weekly or monthly contacts with missions that have two paths each you can take. (If enough people partake and enjoy them, I'll post them weekly).

An example bounty looks like this:

Contact Name: Kyle
Faction: Independent
Level Range: 1-54
(Picture of Contact)

"Hey there, hunter. My boys down at the warehouse have been getting hassled by the local gangs lately. Think you could do something about that?"

>Make a deal with the gangs to get off Kyle's back (Arc ID: 42069)
>Kill the gangs to make an example of them (Arc ID: 69420)

These missions are generally intended for single player use or small teams. A larger team will likely blow through most of these! Feel free to comment on your experience with these missions!

Edited by Moka
  • Like 12

Contact Name: The Coordinate
Faction: Firebrand Island
Level Range: 40-48, 1-54

Jb3oPS9.png

"I have foreseen this possible meeting between the two of us. I have also foreseen that you are someone who likes to get to the point - I am the Coordinate. I exist here, there, and everywhere. I am in touch with the future paths and see all the roads ahead of us. But only one road will tell the truth. Which would that be, I wonder?"

The Coordinate does not smile, but it feels like he really wants to. 

"Ahead of you are several paths; there was a raid on a laboratory not far from here. The experiments were taken and brought to Arachnos for further study. One such prisoner, if rescued, will be of great assistance to you in the future; an eternal ally in your struggles. There is also a reward for releasing the prisoners. 'Two birds, one stone', I hear the beings of this plane say."

He raises his other hand, producing a small flame.

"In the other road, there exists a group of upstart heroes called the World Walkers. Right this moment, their lives are about to change forever as they each discover immense power within themselves. This power will lead them to great heights. In several paths, they band together and defeat you at your greatest moment. I believe there is a reward from one of their more than upset nemesis."

He produces another flame. 

"Which path, I wonder, will you take?"

>Rescue the prisoners (Arc ID: 38236)
>Blow up the World Walkers' base from below (Arc ID: 38235)

• Like 6

Contact Name: Delilah
Level Range: 20-29, 1-54

w9BL7Lb.png

"Hey, hunter. Good to see you. Ready for some work? My good and dear friend Doug Green has gone missing - and by missing, I mean abducted. By Candy Canes. He's been taken in for questioning on Longbow and it won't be long before he spills everything about my mercenary operations."

She huffs out a frustrated breath. 

"Now, Longbow did agree to discuss his release over a deal. Apparently they've got a cultist problem or something? Look, I know where they're keeping him and it's a pretty high security prison. You can either go in there and make a ruckus or you can see what offer Longbow has. Apparently they're offering pay on top of releasing him, too. But I can never trust them. They play dirty, you know."

>Entertain Longbow's Deal (Arc ID: 38311)
>Raid the Longbow Facility (Arc ID: 38312)

Edited by Moka
  • Like 5

Spoiler

Firebrand Island was, as usual, relaxing and pleasant. The visitor did not spend time there frequently, but it was a good place to unwind a bit and truly think. One the companies she was invested in was in a bit of a bind. Marine salvage was always a chancy thing, and one of the managers had overextended onto what had turned out to be, an old rust-bucket cargo ship with nothing on it but empty crates, ambushes, and kidnapped salvage workers. 

They needed money to cover short term expenses until she could get a team to set the whole thing to right. Dipping into her own long term savings was out of the question -- markets were down, and she'd have to liquidate stock at a loss.  And that's when Delilah had mentioned something. 

A little extra cash wouldn't hurt. Longbow, indeed.

Later, one of Longbow's high security prisons had been broken in to; the prisoner held there released, and a number of security personnel severely wounded by sword, and two killed, including the lead of the response team that had been dispatched when the alarms sounded. Oddly, that one corpse had also been mutilated -- the heart cut out by a stone edge.

Security cameras only showed glimpses of a small figure, moving rapidly and teleporting frequently, heavily cloaked by darkness that seemed to pour out. 

((I love the concept and enjoyed both mission variants, and consider the villain version to be IC for my character.))

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Andreah said:
  Hide contents

Firebrand Island was, as usual, relaxing and pleasant. The visitor did not spend time there frequently, but it was a good place to unwind a bit and truly think. One the companies she was invested in was in a bit of a bind. Marine salvage was always a chancy thing, and one of the managers had overextended onto what had turned out to be, an old rust-bucket cargo ship with nothing on it but empty crates, ambushes, and kidnapped salvage workers. 

They needed money to cover short term expenses until she could get a team to set the whole thing to right. Dipping into her own long term savings was out of the question -- markets were down, and she'd have to liquidate stock at a loss.  And that's when Delilah had mentioned something. 

A little extra cash wouldn't hurt. Longbow, indeed.

Later, one of Longbow's high security prisons had been broken in to; the prisoner held there released, and a number of security personnel severely wounded by sword, and two killed, including the lead of the response team that had been dispatched when the alarms sounded. Oddly, that one corpse had also been mutilated -- the heart cut out by a stone edge.

Security cameras only showed glimpses of a small figure, moving rapidly and teleporting frequently, heavily cloaked by darkness that seemed to pour out. 

((I love the concept and enjoyed both mission variants, and consider the villain version to be IC for my character.))

((AHHHH I'm so glad to hear! And awesome story!!!))

• 2 weeks later
On 3/14/2021 at 2:22 PM, Moka said:

"In the other road, there exists a group of upstart heroes called the World Walkers. Right this moment, their lives are about to change forever as they each discover immense power within themselves. This power will lead them to great heights. In several paths, they band together and defeat you at your greatest moment. I believe there is a reward from one of their more than upset nemesis."

He produces another flame. 

"Which path, I wonder, will you take?"

>Blow up the World Walkers' base from below (Arc ID: 38235)

((Cheers for the prompt, Moka!  I've taken the liberty of doing it on my much-abandoned Corruptor and Praetorian dirtbag, Archenemy.))

screenshot_210323-14-52-11.thumb.png.a0eff750fec701fa6c83714a0d4ef01c.png

Edited by TwoDee
Image!
  • Like 2

Lead of the <New Praetorians Initiative> supergroup.  Goldside enjoyer.  Perennial RP-etiquette overthinker.

Most of my writing is SG-internal, but the following are SFMA that anybody should be able to play if you want new story-based content.

• NPI: Duray, Duray | 25575: - The New Praetorians scramble to stop the Praetorian and Primal Virgil Durays from getting the band back together.
  • NPI: Brickstown Vice | 36729, 40648, 40803 - The New Praetorians aid Marauder in a drug bust that dredges up his past.  Branches into two paths.
  • NPI: Red Resistance | 43796 - The New Praetorians run afoul of vigilantes after a robbery gone wrong.  Crossover with <Hero Corps Founders Falls>.
  • NPI: Leucochloridium | 44863: - A wellness check on a Woodvale cleanup officer turns over unfinished, Praetorian business.
  • How Emperor Cole Saved Christmas | 45794 - A 100% authentic simulation of how Emperor Cole singlehandedly saved the holiday of Christmas!
  • Bassilisk | 51947 - Several Paragon City villain groups fight over the Rikti's dumbest entirely-canonical doomsday weapon.
  • A Freakshow Love Story | 54544 - Ganymede the cherub calls upon heroes to break up a toxic romance that's going to have explosive fallout!

14 minutes ago, TwoDee said:

Haha I was wondering if someone'd tackle this one! It was a simplistic AE compared to my others, but sometimes the evil option is the easy one! 

I really like this, and it was spooky to read! Super cool!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Psychopithicus said:

Like I did with the Hero version of this, I've also put together a (admittedly lengthier) writeup for the Coordinate's Rogue mission, link to the Google doc in the spoiler tag (because, again, there will be spoiled). Hope you enjoy!

Amazing as usual!!!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 9:22 PM, Moka said:

Contact Name: The Coordinate
Level Range: 40-48, 1-54

Jb3oPS9.png

Off topic slightly but I absolutely LOVE this costume.

• Like 2

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

Contact Name: Delilah & Hive Mother
Faction: Firebrand Island, Sinister Squad
Level Range: 35

a80xd7i.png

You search and search for Delilah, desperate for your next job and your next fix of cash. Not finding her in the markets, you search the boat and sneak into the VIP room, finding Delilah nearly passed out. You rush to her aid! After all, she's your source of cash. She snorts awake and rubs her head, her messy blonde hair in a frazzled mess. 

"What the f - What are you doing in here?"

You tell her that she should be thankful you just saved her life.

"Yeah, my knight in shining armor. Piss off. Look, what do you really want?"

You tell her you want a job.

"Fine. Fine. I don't know. I have a hangover. Just...leave me alone. Hive Mother from the Sinister Squad is by the docks. She probably has something for you. If it's a Sinister Squad job, you might wanna bring a team. Probably important if they're sending their second in command. Now...Don't...bother me again."

Arc ID: 38967

((Send all kudos to @Harpsong for this one!))

Edited by Moka
  • Like 6

• Moka changed the title to Moka's (and Davy's) Bounty Board

Contact Name: Mr. Abernathy
Faction: Sinister Squad
Alignment: Villain or Rogue
Level Range: 1 - 54

SquadContact.jpg.db5360a84989f7962105842fb4af3942.jpg

Standing around a car park in downtown St. Martial is a weaselly looking man in a cheap suit with the unmistakable air of a door-to-door salesman. He blends in with the glum atmosphere of the Isles if not for the armed soldiers in orange jumpsuits flanking either side of him.

“Oh hello there… Are you here about the job posting? My employer is looking for some suitable muscle, the kind that doesn’t ask too many questions with a sprinkling of plausible deniability.”

He quickly scribbles something down on his clipboard then wipes the perspiration from his balding head, pocketing the handkerchief before returning his attention back to you with a quick adjustment of his glasses.

“Introductions… I am Mr Abernathy, I represent the interests of the Sinister Squad. At this moment we have a few operations underway with some dire need of a helping hand, your hands, so to speak. If you’re more the ‘puckish rogue’ type we have a job posting robbing Longbow… But if you’d prefer something a little more straight forward and well… Violent… We do have a demolition job targeting some of those pesky do-gooders who have set up shop here in the Isles… Now which takes your fancy, mm?”

>Steal from Longbow (Arc ID: 39904)
>Take Down the Heroes (Arc ID: 39905)

Bounty has been completed! Thank you to everyone who took part!

Edited by Davy
Bounty Complete
  • Like 3

spacer.png

opossum haha

• Moka changed the title to Redside Bounty Board