Illustrating the Travel Power Changes in Page 2

Bopper

1 hour ago, FrostyIgloo said:

Is it me or does super jump feel like it was forgotten in this update?

Double Jump feels pointless when someone  can get a jump pack or steam jump with the same shared cool down.

This to me, becomes especially apparent when one could have mighty leap, takeoff, and a jump pack/steam jump active at the same time. 

I wonder if there is maybe something better that could be done.  Either using a different way  power all together or removing the time limit on double jump or something?

You're right that Takeoff offers more speed and you can duplicate the Double Jump option with a P2W pack. I too would like a little extra added but I won't sweat it too much. Keep in mind, no travel power was forgotten, Super Leap still has a cap increase of 101.8 mph and although Takeoff allows you to go faster its not as much of a buff that Live offers. A cap speed of 110.39 is only an 8.4% speed buff that lasts for 30s and it takes 2.244s arcanatime to cast. So if you look at the difference you'll see:

110.39 x 30 / (101.8 x 32.244) = +0.89%

So if you're using Takeoff, you're only gonna cover <1% more distance than Super Leap (or Mighty Leap without Takeoff). And that's measuring all the way to the very end of the buff when you have to reapply it again.

If anything I'd like to see Takeoff get an animation time reduction or have the cap increased to the maxmax jump speed cap of 113 mph

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 3/25/2021 at 6:03 PM, Bopper said:

If anything I'd like to see Takeoff get an animation time reduction or have the cap increased to the maxmax jump speed cap of 113 mph

+1

I'd also like the Knockback removed so that the power doesn't root. Because:

• I can't imagine many people use Takeoff to knockback enemies. (Who has Mighty Leap toggled on in combat?)
  • A travel buff that requires the player stop moving for 2.1s, is extremely counter-intuitive.
Edited by America's Angel
  • Like 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

27 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I wish evasive maneuvers was earlier than tier 5 as it's main intent in my eyes is to go fly pool and being able to skip combat jumping, should be at least tier 4 and then group fly tier 5 IMO

For my builds I agree, but people who take Fly and Group Fly wouldn't be happy.

35 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I wish evasive maneuvers was earlier than tier 5 as it's main intent in my eyes is to go fly pool and being able to skip combat jumping, should be at least tier 4 and then group fly tier 5 IMO

What's the difference, exactly? The T4 and T5 in flight pool have the same requirements. They both require 2 other Flight pool powers and both are available at level 14.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Just now, Bopper said:

What's the difference, exactly? The T4 and T5 in flight pool have the same requirements. They both require 2 other Flight pool powers and both are available at level 14.

Oh, thought only the tier 5 did, well then fix it so only the tier 5 needs 2 prior, or for flight pool alone even, only 1 prior.

5 minutes ago, Bopper said:

TBQH, i can't think of a single toon i actually have the tier 5 of a travel pool on, specifically because of the opportunity cost of being forced into the travel or usually lame tier 1/4, so for all travel pools IMO tier 4/5 should really only need one prerequisite.

2 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

TBQH, i can't think of a single toon i actually have the tier 5 of a travel pool on, specifically because of the opportunity cost of being forced into the travel or usually lame tier 1/4, so for all travel pools IMO tier 4/5 should really only need one prerequisite.

I take Fold Space. Some take Burnout, but that's typically useful to only a few powersets. Many currently take Afterburner which will soon get Evasive Maneuvers (many will respec out of, but I'll be one of the ones respec'ing into it). The only one I think is somewhat universally not taken is Spring Attack, but that's mostly because it's been bugged forever (I think recently it was fixed or is fixed in Page 2).

• Like 1

I have Afterburner on a handful of characters. As annoying as it was to have to take a 3rd travel power to unlock fast movement for Fly, most of the characters who had Flight as their movement also had Vengeance, and I decided I would get more personal benefit out of fast travel than I was getting out of Veng. Since both would work as somewhere I could stick an LotG (that's what was in Veng), I made the switch and haven't regretted it.

I personally despise using actual temp powers as travel powers (for myself, I don't care what others do), don't find the prestige movement powers fast enough, and like the pseudo-damage-mitigation frequently offered to ranged characters by being in flight (historically meaning Hover). So I always take actual travel powers and so dig these changes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UberGuy said:

I have Afterburner on a handful of characters. As annoying as it was to have to take a 3rd travel power to unlock fast movement for Fly, most of the characters who had Flight as their movement also had Vengeance, and I decided I would get more personal benefit out of fast travel than I was getting out of Veng. Since both would work as somewhere I could stick an LotG (that's what was in Veng), I made the switch and haven't regretted it.

I personally despise using actual temp powers as travel powers (for myself, I don't care what others do), don't find the prestige movement powers fast enough, and like the pseudo-damage-mitigation frequently offered to ranged characters by being in flight (historically meaning Hover). So I always take actual travel powers and so dig these changes.

Oh yeah the travel changes are great, i'm just saying that the tier 4/5 in travel pools should only require one pre-req, other pools like origin pools and leadership etc could still take 2 pre-req for their tier 4/5

@Bopper, I collected some numbers for Infiltration (though I noticed just now that you already have your own data, so disregard!). The highest running speed that can be achieved slotted in Infiltration is 45.64 MPH and the highest leaping speed that can be achieved slotted in Infiltration is 44.65 MPH. The highest jumping height that can be achieved slotted in Infiltration is 63.30 FT. It should be noted that the speed caps are tied to similar tier travel speeds (i.e., Ninja, Beast, and Athletic Run). See below for data:

Unslotted Infiltration provides the following:

20.05 MPH Running Speed

19.61 MPH Jumping Speed

27.80 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.aad520abf3be967f00c89b66cc0f5274.png

1 Level 50+5 Running & 1 Level 50+5 Leaping IO in Infiltration provides the following:

30.67 MPH Running Speed

30.00 MPH Jumping Speed

42.53 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.8643c4215eb9cf59ffea4f4f9a180d04.pngimage.png.f9b027f377d3479aa92b09d639297874.png

1 Level 53 Microfilament Exposure (End/Fly/Jump/Run) HO, 1 Level 50+5 Running, & 1 Level 50+5 Leaping IO in Infiltration provides the following:

37.87 MPH Running Speed

37.05 MPH Jumping Speed

52.52 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.bf45a017416bd046026b83d44b0c54f3.pngimage.png.7bb3a6338336be881a452386534c8bf9.png

3 Level 50 Running IOs & 3 Level 50 Leaping IOs in Infiltration provides the following:

39.91 MPH Running Speed

39.04 MPH Jumping Speed

55.34 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.9710c0d9e6d29e378ac8d1998e1d9635.png image.png.9c931bcbc1f1485538d0a2ae65851fb7.png

6 Level 53 Microfilament Exposure (End/Fly/Jump/Run) HOs in Infiltration provides the following:

43.00 MPH Running Speed

42.06 MPH Jumping Speed

59.63 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.46b193b985ab36fba4fef8845832d30f.pngimage.png.51ab4a44440f3c49ea89cadb176bed9c.png

6 Level 50+5 Running IOs in Infiltration provides the following:

45.64 MPH Running Speed

19.61 MPH Jumping Speed

27.80 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.a4195f9570ee77f55d4563fa8927b62e.pngimage.png.310902318112029ab570a5daaee33f4e.png

6 Level 50+5 Leaping IOs in Infiltration provides the following:

20.05 MPH Running Speed

44.65 MPH Jumping Speed

63.30 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.e4a26be5a85d629596cbbeb5955c0d0e.pngimage.png.2c154b8139bf2426184e76bf6f624b3a.png

Edited by Glacier Peak
Saw numbers were already collected in main post
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• Jimmy unpinned this topic

So, I am a little confused by how things stack with Infiltrate.

If I am running CJ, with Infiltrate, does CJ stack jump? Infiltrate jump value takes precedence and cj does nothing? I am looking to get into infiltrate, and want to run cj, but I havent quite figured out stacking with infiltrate.

I am looking to figure out optimal slotting + power matching w/ infiltrate to maximize travel ability. Planning on taking SJ as well, so...

35 minutes ago, Hew said:

If I am running CJ, with Infiltrate, does CJ stack jump? Infiltrate jump value takes precedence and cj does nothing? I am looking to get into infiltrate, and want to run cj, but I havent quite figured out stacking with infiltrate.

I am looking to figure out optimal slotting + power matching w/ infiltrate to maximize travel ability. Planning on taking SJ as well, so...

Between CJ and Infiltration, whichever has the highest defense bonus is the one you'll be seeing active. They don't stack (to my knowledge, but I'm not on beta to provide evidence to support this) when you enter combat and lose Infiltration's bonus, CJ def bonus will become active until re-entering non combat status. 

If you're planning on using Infiltration as a travel power alone I'd recommend 3 slots (see my yellow highlighted slotting in the above post). If you're going to use it as a travel power and boost its out of combat defense or run IO bonuses, I'd say 5, with 3 as mentioned before and add a LoTG or two. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

46 minutes ago, Hew said:

You will have the Immobilization protection (8.3 mag) and movement control (4000%) of CJ. The defense stacks with Infiltration's defense, but keep in mind anything that breaks your stealth will also break your defense in infiltration.

I recommend testing it though. Use CJ and Infiltration together, in and out of combat, and provide feedback of what you find. Travel powers got heavily discussed throughout the beta testing process, but I dont think I saw any testing in regards to the new travel suppression while in and out of combat.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bopper said:

You will have the Immobilization protection (8.3 mag) and movement control (4000%) of CJ. The defense stacks with Infiltration's defense, but keep in mind anything that breaks your stealth will also break your defense in infiltration.

I recommend testing it though. Use CJ and Infiltration together, in and out of combat, and provide feedback of what you find. Travel powers got heavily discussed throughout the beta testing process, but I dont think I saw any testing in regards to the new travel suppression while in and out of combat.

Will give it a shot. Having a limit on playtime due to work + parenting, plus since starting my new job and getting regular sleep, I havent been waking up at 4am in the morning.

Edit: Im just going to take hasten, ss, sj, cj, infiltrate, and stealth 😛

Edited by Hew
  • Like 1

@Hew This will be common confusion.

Some situations use the highest value, some stack, some drop if attacked or we buff a teammate. It will make sense but there will be a learning curve.

"going to take hasten, ss, sj, cj, infiltrate, and stealth" = you'll be able to go fast, jump high, and zoom maps relatively undetected.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

33 minutes ago, Troo said:

@Hew This will be common confusion.

Some situations use the highest value, some stack, some drop if attacked or we buff a teammate. It will make sense but there will be a learning curve.

"going to take hasten, ss, sj, cj, infiltrate, and stealth" = you'll be able to go fast, jump high, and zoom maps relatively undetected.

I couldnt fit in sj + cj, so went with just cj (because 3 picks for infiltrate). (unless i missed something, need to look again)

edit: In theory, ss should address height needs, as long as I can get a long run in, and worst case scenario, I have infiltrate high jump access.

edit edit: So, infiltrate is single pick available (thank god!), and ss slotted with the winter set gets me enough juice to go where i need. 

I am going to opt for 3 slots in infiltrate (2 winters + lotg), 2 slots in ss (2 winters), combat jumping single slot lotg.

THis leaves me two powers. Practice demonstrated that I can get A LOT of jump on that slotting, and if I can get a decent run (it builds up) I can make good jumps even without sj.

SS is badass. Clicking on the ghost ability is bad ass in a bucket.

Edited by Hew

1 hour ago, Hew said:

I couldnt fit in sj + cj, so went with just cj (because 3 picks for infiltrate). (unless i missed something, need to look again)

edit: In theory, ss should address height needs, as long as I can get a long run in, and worst case scenario, I have infiltrate high jump access.

edit edit: So, infiltrate is single pick available (thank god!), and ss slotted with the winter set gets me enough juice to go where i need. 

I am going to opt for 3 slots in infiltrate (2 winters + lotg), 2 slots in ss (2 winters), combat jumping single slot lotg.

THis leaves me two powers. Practice demonstrated that I can get A LOT of jump on that slotting, and if I can get a decent run (it builds up) I can make good jumps even without sj.

SS is badass. Clicking on the ghost ability is bad ass in a bucket.

You might consider how much you want to invest in jump from Infiltration if you're using SS. Remember you can use SS and Athletic Run at the same time for free. If that's enough jump height alone (with Momentum sometimes allowing more jump height when built up), then maybe you save a power pick. But if you want the extra height while getting LotG out of it, then Infiltration all day

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bopper said:

You might consider how much you want to invest in jump from Infiltration if you're using SS. Remember you can use SS and Athletic Run at the same time for free. If that's enough jump height alone (with Momentum sometimes allowing more jump height when built up), then maybe you save a power pick. But if you want the extra height while getting LotG out of it, then Infiltration all day

I thought about that, but the winter set bonuses at 2 are really hard to pass up on a willpower with not much resist or def baked in. Athletic run is great and all, but its high end cost and I cant slot it. I run ninja/beast/athletic on like EVERYTHING i have, so this is an experiment in playing with travel pools, and it seems pretty palatable. 

• 1 month later
On 3/15/2021 at 3:31 PM, Glacier Peak said:

I can't post a video of this, but Hover + Fly + Evasive Maneuvers gets you moving FASTER than Hover + Speed Boost on Live AND you can move around with even more maneuverability (AND... you can throw on Afterburner to blow past the cap even more so, while maintaining that same high level maneuverability!).

Moving so much faster isn't a big help in cave maps though.  just saying.