Jump to content

Illustrating the Travel Power Changes in Page 2


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FrostyIgloo said:

Is it me or does super jump feel like it was forgotten in this update?

 

Double Jump feels pointless when someone  can get a jump pack or steam jump with the same shared cool down.
 

This to me, becomes especially apparent when one could have mighty leap, takeoff, and a jump pack/steam jump active at the same time. 
 

I wonder if there is maybe something better that could be done.  Either using a different way  power all together or removing the time limit on double jump or something?

 

You're right that Takeoff offers more speed and you can duplicate the Double Jump option with a P2W pack. I too would like a little extra added but I won't sweat it too much. Keep in mind, no travel power was forgotten, Super Leap still has a cap increase of 101.8 mph and although Takeoff allows you to go faster its not as much of a buff that Live offers. A cap speed of 110.39 is only an 8.4% speed buff that lasts for 30s and it takes 2.244s arcanatime to cast. So if you look at the difference you'll see:

110.39 x 30 / (101.8 x 32.244) = +0.89%

 

So if you're using Takeoff, you're only gonna cover <1% more distance than Super Leap (or Mighty Leap without Takeoff). And that's measuring all the way to the very end of the buff when you have to reapply it again.

 

If anything I'd like to see Takeoff get an animation time reduction or have the cap increased to the maxmax jump speed cap of 113 mph

  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2021 at 6:03 PM, Bopper said:

If anything I'd like to see Takeoff get an animation time reduction or have the cap increased to the maxmax jump speed cap of 113 mph

+1

 

I'd also like the Knockback removed so that the power doesn't root. Because:

  • I can't imagine many people use Takeoff to knockback enemies. (Who has Mighty Leap toggled on in combat?)
  • A travel buff that requires the player stop moving for 2.1s, is extremely counter-intuitive.
Edited by America's Angel
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish evasive maneuvers was earlier than tier 5 as it's main intent in my eyes is to go fly pool and being able to skip combat jumping, should be at least tier 4 and then group fly tier 5 IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I wish evasive maneuvers was earlier than tier 5 as it's main intent in my eyes is to go fly pool and being able to skip combat jumping, should be at least tier 4 and then group fly tier 5 IMO

For my builds I agree, but people who take Fly and Group Fly wouldn't be happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, siolfir said:

For my builds I agree, but people who take Fly and Group Fly wouldn't be happy.

It makes a lot more sense though, and those who take those, would probably want evasive maneuvers anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I wish evasive maneuvers was earlier than tier 5 as it's main intent in my eyes is to go fly pool and being able to skip combat jumping, should be at least tier 4 and then group fly tier 5 IMO

What's the difference, exactly? The T4 and T5 in flight pool have the same requirements. They both require 2 other Flight pool powers and both are available at level 14.

  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bopper said:

What's the difference, exactly? The T4 and T5 in flight pool have the same requirements. They both require 2 other Flight pool powers and both are available at level 14.

Oh, thought only the tier 5 did, well then fix it so only the tier 5 needs 2 prior, or for flight pool alone even, only 1 prior.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bopper said:

What's the difference, exactly? The T4 and T5 in flight pool have the same requirements. They both require 2 other Flight pool powers and both are available at level 14.

TBQH, i can't think of a single toon i actually have the tier 5 of a travel pool on, specifically because of the opportunity cost of being forced into the travel or usually lame tier 1/4, so for all travel pools IMO tier 4/5 should really only need one prerequisite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

TBQH, i can't think of a single toon i actually have the tier 5 of a travel pool on, specifically because of the opportunity cost of being forced into the travel or usually lame tier 1/4, so for all travel pools IMO tier 4/5 should really only need one prerequisite.

I take Fold Space. Some take Burnout, but that's typically useful to only a few powersets. Many currently take Afterburner which will soon get Evasive Maneuvers (many will respec out of, but I'll be one of the ones respec'ing into it). The only one I think is somewhat universally not taken is Spring Attack, but that's mostly because it's been bugged forever (I think recently it was fixed or is fixed in Page 2).


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Afterburner on a handful of characters. As annoying as it was to have to take a 3rd travel power to unlock fast movement for Fly, most of the characters who had Flight as their movement also had Vengeance, and I decided I would get more personal benefit out of fast travel than I was getting out of Veng. Since both would work as somewhere I could stick an LotG (that's what was in Veng), I made the switch and haven't regretted it.

 

I personally despise using actual temp powers as travel powers (for myself, I don't care what others do), don't find the prestige movement powers fast enough, and like the pseudo-damage-mitigation frequently offered to ranged characters by being in flight (historically meaning Hover). So I always take actual travel powers and so dig these changes.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UberGuy said:

I have Afterburner on a handful of characters. As annoying as it was to have to take a 3rd travel power to unlock fast movement for Fly, most of the characters who had Flight as their movement also had Vengeance, and I decided I would get more personal benefit out of fast travel than I was getting out of Veng. Since both would work as somewhere I could stick an LotG (that's what was in Veng), I made the switch and haven't regretted it.

 

I personally despise using actual temp powers as travel powers (for myself, I don't care what others do), don't find the prestige movement powers fast enough, and like the pseudo-damage-mitigation frequently offered to ranged characters by being in flight (historically meaning Hover). So I always take actual travel powers and so dig these changes.

Oh yeah the travel changes are great, i'm just saying that the tier 4/5 in travel pools should only require one pre-req, other pools like origin pools and leadership etc could still take 2 pre-req for their tier 4/5

Link to post
Share on other sites

While they're at it too they really ought to make the to hit buff (if not also replacing/adding defense instead) in combat tp last more than the 5 seconds, 60s or something would make more sense even if it doesn't stack would be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bopper, I collected some numbers for Infiltration (though I noticed just now that you already have your own data, so disregard!). The highest running speed that can be achieved slotted in Infiltration is 45.64 MPH and the highest leaping speed that can be achieved slotted in Infiltration is 44.65 MPH. The highest jumping height that can be achieved slotted in Infiltration is 63.30 FT. It should be noted that the speed caps are tied to similar tier travel speeds (i.e., Ninja, Beast, and Athletic Run). See below for data:

 

Unslotted Infiltration provides the following:

20.05 MPH Running Speed

19.61 MPH Jumping Speed

27.80 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.aad520abf3be967f00c89b66cc0f5274.png

 

1 Level 50+5 Running & 1 Level 50+5 Leaping IO in Infiltration provides the following:

30.67 MPH Running Speed

30.00 MPH Jumping Speed

42.53 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.8643c4215eb9cf59ffea4f4f9a180d04.pngimage.png.f9b027f377d3479aa92b09d639297874.png

 

1 Level 53 Microfilament Exposure (End/Fly/Jump/Run) HO, 1 Level 50+5 Running, & 1 Level 50+5 Leaping IO in Infiltration provides the following:

37.87 MPH Running Speed

37.05 MPH Jumping Speed

52.52 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.bf45a017416bd046026b83d44b0c54f3.pngimage.png.7bb3a6338336be881a452386534c8bf9.png

 

3 Level 50 Running IOs & 3 Level 50 Leaping IOs in Infiltration provides the following:

39.91 MPH Running Speed

39.04 MPH Jumping Speed

55.34 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.9710c0d9e6d29e378ac8d1998e1d9635.png image.png.9c931bcbc1f1485538d0a2ae65851fb7.png

 

6 Level 53 Microfilament Exposure (End/Fly/Jump/Run) HOs in Infiltration provides the following:

43.00 MPH Running Speed

42.06 MPH Jumping Speed

59.63 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.46b193b985ab36fba4fef8845832d30f.pngimage.png.51ab4a44440f3c49ea89cadb176bed9c.png

 

6 Level 50+5 Running IOs in Infiltration provides the following:

45.64 MPH Running Speed

19.61 MPH Jumping Speed

27.80 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.a4195f9570ee77f55d4563fa8927b62e.pngimage.png.310902318112029ab570a5daaee33f4e.png

 

6 Level 50+5 Leaping IOs in Infiltration provides the following:

20.05 MPH Running Speed

44.65 MPH Jumping Speed

63.30 FT Jumping Height

Spoiler

image.png.e4a26be5a85d629596cbbeb5955c0d0e.pngimage.png.2c154b8139bf2426184e76bf6f624b3a.png

 

Edited by Glacier Peak
Saw numbers were already collected in main post
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...