Rad Armor/Dual Blades

StriderIV

Hi all,

So I’ve been leveling a Rad/DB Tanker and having a good time. I originally shied away from using Dual Blades because of the combo system, but I’ve found an attack string that works for me with Blinding Feint - Ablating - Vengeful Slice - Sweeping Strike.

However, I haven’t found many sample builds for this combo anywhere on the forums. I was curious if anyone had a build they’d be willing to share or could answer some questions:

1. As a Tanker, should I be grabbing Typhon’s edge for it’s increased AOE? I don’t feel it falls into my optimal attack chain, but I guess it’s good to have to throw out there when needed.

2. Any suggestions on where to put the Tanker ATO procs? I usually drop MOTT in my damage aura, but Rad only has Beta Decay and it’s a one slot wonder (and also doesn’t do dmg lol). Any suggestions where Might of the Tanker and Gauntlet could go?

3. I currently only have one slot in Nimble Slash... if’s the first power you are forced to take and I opted to used the extra slots in order to 6 slot other things. Am I making a mistake?

Thanks in advance for the help/advice!

Edited by StriderIV

First to answer your questions:

1. It’s a good idea to grab typhoons edge for extra AoE. It doesn’t fall into the blinding feint + attack vitals rotations, but you can always throw it in at the end of the combo if you have lots of mobs around you. 

2. See build below. I put both sets in powers used in the blinding feint + attack vitals rotation.

3. I do not slot or use nimble slash. I leave it off the tray. 

Here is a build for a Rad/Dual Blades tanker.

Takes everything in rad armor and skips power slice, taunt, and 1k cuts in dual blades. Yes, I know, no taunt on tanker is blasphemy. I find that I can easily maintain aggro without it. Typhoons edge is actually better AoE than 1k cuts. However, you can swap out typhoon for 1k cuts if you prefer and all bonuses would remain intact because those two powers would have the same slotting and IOs. 

-10 seconds short of perma hasten. Beta decay will shorten this when you have lots of enemies around you. 
-Melee defense softcap reached. 
-Capped resists, except cold and psi. Negative needs 2 stacks of ATO, which is easy. 
-Melt down is almost 50% uptime. Gives good damage bonus and puts you near the cap for cold and psi resists. 
-Resist proc tanker ATO in blinding feint to keep up at at least double stacks. 
-radiation therapy and ground zero proc’d out for extra pbaoe goodness. 
-Built to run blinding feint+attack vitals as the main damage rotation. 
-Built without incarnates in mind so choose whatever you want. I personally go full damage on incarnates. 

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Tanker
Primary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Secondary Power Set: Dual Blades
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), GldArm-3defTpProc(45)
Level 1: Nimble Slash -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 6: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46)
Level 8: Radiation Therapy -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(9), Erd-%Dam(9), ScrDrv-Dam%(17), TchoftheN-%Dam(19), TchoftheN-Heal(19)
Level 10: Ablating Strike -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(13), Hct-Dam%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(17)
Level 12: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(15), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15)
Level 16: Typhoon's Edge -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(25), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Obl-%Dam(34)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40), Prv-Absorb%(40)
Level 20: Blinding Feint -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(23), GssSynFr--Build%(25)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(27)
Level 28: Ground Zero -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(42), Erd-%Dam(43), ScrDrv-Dam%(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), ShlBrk-%Dam(45)
Level 30: Vengeful Slice -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(33)
Level 32: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-Max HP%(49)
Level 35: Sweeping Strike -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Arm-Dam%(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(39), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 41: Assault -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(47)
Level 49: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(34)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

Here is a screenshot with totals:

image.png.3fb378d906fbf73ddcca5142ebe53f71.png

Edit: I just noticed the to hit bonus on the screenshot above. Gaussian chance for build up is in blinding feint and is toggled on. Make sure to toggle that off to see values when it isn’t proc’d. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

First to answer your questions:

1. It’s a good idea to grab typhoons edge for extra AoE. It doesn’t fall into the blinding feint + attack vitals rotations, but you can always throw it in at the end of the combo if you have lots of mobs around you. 

2. See build below. I put both sets in powers used in the blinding feint + attack vitals rotation.

3. I do not slot or use nimble slash. I leave it off the tray. 

Here is a build for a Rad/Dual Blades tanker.

Takes everything in rad armor and skips power slice, taunt, and 1k cuts in dual blades. Yes, I know, no taunt on tanker is blasphemy. I find that I can easily maintain aggro without it. Typhoons edge is actually better AoE than 1k cuts. However, you can swap out typhoon for 1k cuts if you prefer and all bonuses would remain intact because those two powers would have the same slotting and IOs. 

-10 seconds short of perma hasten. Beta decay will shorten this when you have lots of enemies around you. 
-Melee defense softcap reached. 
-Capped resists, except cold and psi. Negative needs 2 stacks of ATO, which is easy. 
-Melt down is almost 50% uptime. Gives good damage bonus and puts you near the cap for cold and psi resists. 
-Resist proc tanker ATO in blinding feint to keep up at at least double stacks. 
-radiation therapy and ground zero proc’d out for extra pbaoe goodness. 
-Built to run blinding feint+attack vitals as the main damage rotation. 
-Built without incarnates in mind so choose whatever you want. I personally go full damage on incarnates. 

Reveal hidden contents

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Tanker
Primary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Secondary Power Set: Dual Blades
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), GldArm-3defTpProc(45)
Level 1: Nimble Slash -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 6: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46)
Level 8: Radiation Therapy -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(9), Erd-%Dam(9), ScrDrv-Dam%(17), TchoftheN-%Dam(19), TchoftheN-Heal(19)
Level 10: Ablating Strike -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(13), Hct-Dam%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(17)
Level 12: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(15), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15)
Level 16: Typhoon's Edge -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(25), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Obl-%Dam(34)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(34), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40), Prv-Absorb%(40)
Level 20: Blinding Feint -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(23), GssSynFr--Build%(25)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(27)
Level 28: Ground Zero -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(42), Erd-%Dam(43), ScrDrv-Dam%(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), ShlBrk-%Dam(45)
Level 30: Vengeful Slice -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(33)
Level 32: Meltdown -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-Max HP%(49)
Level 35: Sweeping Strike -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Rchg(36), Arm-Dam%(37), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(37)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(39), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 41: Assault -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(47)
Level 49: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(34)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

Here is a screenshot with totals:

image.png.3fb378d906fbf73ddcca5142ebe53f71.png

This is phenominal Sai, thank you so much! The -res enhances in Ablating and Beta Decay are huge as well, I'm sure.

• 1 month later